Sammie Coates will declare for NFL Draft.

auburn4ever

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's going to blow the scouts away with his measurables, but his hands are very average, and that's being kind. He makes acrobatic catches in traffic but often drops routine balls that hit him dead in his hands. Not a great route runner either. But good Lord he is REALLY fast, REALLY strong and has great size. You can't coach that stuff.

I think its critical to the offense's success next season that Duke stays. If he goes, we will be losing our leading passer, leading rusher, top 3 leading receivers, starting center, and starting guard on offense.

That lines us up for an 8-9 win season IMO. It's incredibly difficult to lose that much talent and hit double digit wins or win the West. I think thats what is most disappointing about this season, is that we had soooo many key pieces returning on O and still couldn't get the job done, mainly due to the D.

Some here don't think he'll even get drafted....

Most here don't even know a single thing about scouting, the NFL, or player evaluation...

Agreed.

I wish Sammy the best and hope he will have a long and prosperous career! I wish my NO Saints would draft him!

I think Frost will stay. He needs another big season to be a 1 or 2 round pick. Just buy a million dollar policy and win the NC in 2015!

Go get 'em, Sammie.

I'm not sure his hands are terrible. His catch technique is pretty bad. He lets the ball get into his chest, almost as a default. I can't say he's got poor hands because, more often than not, his drops were banging off his body or pads or biceps. If he learns to catch with his hands, those drops will probably drop dramatically. He's a plus blocker, a big play machine, and a worker. I'm confident he'll carve out his spot in the league.

Let the Leroy man make his money. He will be drafted due to the senior bowl and combine. This is a good recruiting tool...come to AU get your degree (early if possible) and make your money in the NFL. Nothing but well wishes and love for the young man. WDE Sammie and make us proud at the next level.

That being said...would LOVE Duke to come back after missing some time this year.

Good for him. Especially glad he graduated. I usually don't like kids leaving early when they don't have their degree. I admire Cadillac and Cam for returning to get theirs. Gosh i hope Duke stays. Him being injured kept us from really getting to enjoy watching him much.

Would love for Carolina to pick him up to give Cam the deep threat that Steve Smith used to give him

Sad to hear this, but wish him nothing but the best at the next level. Hoping the Atlanta Falcons land him to replace Roddy White in the near future!

I don't. Not that I wouldn't want Sammie on the team, but if the Falcons draft anything but defense early, I'll be livid.

Archived