Sammie Coates will declare for NFL Draft.

auburn4ever

I would love to see Sammie back at Auburn, but I will certainly understand if he goes pro. He has his degree (good for him!) and he will do what he believes is best for Sammie, based on a lot of variables no one on this board is privy to. It's hard enough as a young man to make major decisions in your life without having it play out in public while surrounded by people with selfish interests trying to influence your decision. I wish him great success whatever he decides.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see Sammie back at Auburn, but I will certainly understand if he goes pro. He has his degree (good for him!) and he will do what he believes is best for Sammie, based on a lot of variables no one on this board is privy to. It's hard enough as a young man to make major decisions in your life without having it play out in public while surrounded by people with selfish interests trying to influence your decision. I wish him great success whatever he decides.

A lot of us keyboard cowboys would do well to keep that in mind (especially regarding recruiting matters).

A lot of us keyboard cowboys would do well to keep that in mind (especially regarding recruiting matters).

You mean I shouldn't use message boards for guidance on critical life choices? Wish you had told me that before I booked this Syria trip!! :-\

You mean I shouldn't use message boards for guidance on critical life choices? Wish you had told me that before I booked this Syria trip!! :-\

Hah. If anybody can get folks to settle down over there, it's you, Dixie.

(I would definitely recommend to football players that they not judge their own self worth based on what people say about them on message boards.)

Auburn WR Sammie Coates will declare for the NFL Draft, per @JHokanson. Mel Kiper Jr. feels Coates is likely a 2nd-round pick.

@JamesCrepea

Sammie Coates plans to accept an invite to the Senior Bowl, early graduation makes him eligible

@JHokanson

Coates has graduated and is viewed as a Top-50 player ...

I was hoping he'd stay for one more year but we have some talented guys ready to step up.

Good luck and God Bless! Thank you for ALWAYS standing tall as a TRUE AU MAN ! ! !

Go get that cheddar, kid. Thanks for all you did while you were here.

^^^This. Would have been fun to watch next year, but aw well.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Duke will stick around another year. Likely wishful thinking.

It seems he will play in the Senior Bowl as well. This is one of the reasons I why I love Sammie as a player. He just loves to play the game.

Selfishly, I would like for Sammie to stay but considering that he has a degree and may get 2nd round money, I don't blame him one bit. Thanks to Sammie for all he has done for Auburn and I wish him the very best at the next level. I will be a fan of Sammie's forever.

Some here don't think he'll even get drafted....

LOL man who said that? I've seen people saying he could work on his game, but not that he isn't good enough to be drafted.

Archived