Sammie Coates will declare for NFL Draft.

auburn4ever

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to hear this, but wish him nothing but the best at the next level. Hoping the Atlanta Falcons land him to replace Roddy White in the near future!

I don't. Not that I wouldn't want Sammie on the team, but if the Falcons draft anything but defense early, I'll be livid.

I definitely agree, the Falcons need everything on the defensive side as well as an OL and RB change. But still would love seeing him play for both my favorite teams!

Would love for Carolina to pick him up to give Cam the deep threat that Steve Smith used to give him

I would rather Cam left that team entirely.

Yeah me too. As goofy as it seems, if NO loses tonight, Carolina will be leading the division.

Some here don't think he'll even get drafted....

Most here don't even know a single thing about scouting, the NFL, or player evaluation...

Once I read the one guy who said something to the extent 14 wr were drafted last year and Sammie not one of the best 14 people I tend to agree.

Would love to have him next year, but having guys leave early helps recruiting. Blue chips like seeing that.

I don't know that leaving early makes a difference. Having players who go whether they go early or stay for the full 4 years is what matters.

War Eagle, Sammie! Thanks for the memories - the Kick 6 was awesome, but it wouldn't have happened without you!

We all look forward to you balling out in the Outback Bowl, and in the NFL!

Hopefully we give Tony Stevens an extensive amount of time at the WR1 position to prepare for the future. He has the same skill set of Coates (I don't know the speed however but I believe they're close). Lord let Duke stay

The one thing that Stevens does have over Coates is he is a little taller even though Sammie has great size as well. Stevens needs to continue to fill out.

Hopefully we give Tony Stevens an extensive amount of time at the WR1 position to prepare for the future. He has the same skill set of Coates (I don't know the speed however but I believe they're close). Lord let Duke stay

The one thing that Stevens does have over Coates is he is a little taller even though Sammie has great size as well. Stevens needs to continue to fill out.

Stevens definitely has the physical prowess to be elite, just a matter of him continuing to evolve, and with Jeremy as a QB, he has and should look very great.

They say Sammie has a 40 inch vertical though. I imagine Stevens probably has a good one as well. Haven't seen enough of him to know if he's good or not. I imagine looking at his frame he needs to get stronger to be able to block effectively

He would have been a legit Heisman contender with JJ at quarterback. Once again Auburn will be without a player who could have provided senior leadership. Disappointing. Money always comes first.

He would have been a legit Heisman contender with JJ at quarterback. Once again Auburn will be without a player who could have provided senior leadership. Disappointing. Money always comes first.

He got his diploma this past Saturday. He came to college and got what everyone else graduates with too. Think if I had my diploma and projected around 2nd rounder i'd be off too. Either taking basket weeving and playing football making $0, or playing football and getting paid mucho denero. Guess he could try for a masters that would be doable in 1yr, but we're just fooling ourselves if we think we're thinking of Sammie's education and not that W after the game.

His future comes first and I don't blame him for declaring. Heck, I would go if I was in his shoes.

Archived