Ellis Johnson out as Auburn Defensive coordinator

tigerbrotha12

I am hearing Boom will bring trob with him. Harbison and Smith out. We will need a linebacker coach how about Spikes? A player with that many years NFL experience couldn't be a bad thing could it?

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am hearing Boom will bring trob with him. Harbison and Smith out. We will need a linebacker coach how about Spikes? A player with that many years NFL experience couldn't be a bad thing could it?

How about Muschamp's DC Durkin as LBs coach if he doesn't get a DC job elsewhere?

Does he even want to be a coach? Will or whoever gets the job already knows who he wants where and they are established coaches.

LB coach? #90 Wild Man Kevin Greene.

I'd be plenty happy to see Mushchamp come back, but how many yards was it that UAT hung on FLA this year?

I'm sure CWM had a DC for that. Just like CGC had a DC at AU. They both are better DCs than HCs.

I'd be plenty happy to see Mushchamp come back, but how many yards was it that UAT hung on FLA this year?

He wasn't a D coordinator at Florida. Look at what he does when he strictly coaches defense. Even Updyke s*** his pants when he heard there was mutual interest.

I remember talk about how Alabama had roughed up Tubby when he was at Ole Miss. That worked out pretty well. Their offense was horrendous and the defense was put in impossible situations.

Better yet and he is not coaching now.

This is not going to happen. Greene stepped away from coaching on his own and doesn't want to get back into it for a while. If I had a nickel for every time someone mentions him or Tubby or Chizik I could retire.

And he's not coaching- anywhere- for a reason.

John Gruden?

Jk.....

And Meyer stepped away and came back... Your point?

And the reason is that he wants to spend more time with his family. But it's a nice idea to invite him back to the Plains.

This is not going to happen. Greene stepped away from coaching on his own and doesn't want to get back into it for a while. If I had a nickel for every time someone mentions him or Tubby or Chizik I could retire.

Actually, KG said he wanted to spend more time with his kids. He now lives near Auburn. He wouldn't be traveling near as much as he would had he stayed with Green Bay. There's a job opening that he is superbly qualified for, he is here, and I'd just like someone to ask him if he's interested. Completely different situation from TT or GC.

And Meyer stepped away and came back... Your point?

He's got young kids and the coaching profession is not the greatest for a family life. Greene is not a fake like Meyer.

Actually, KG said he wanted to spend more time with his kids. He now lives near Auburn. He wouldn't be traveling near as much as he would had he stayed with Green Bay. There's a job opening that he is superbly qualified for, he is here, and I'd just like someone to ask him if he's interested. Completely different situation from TT or GC.

+1

Looking on twitter, ATM fans seem to think they're getting muschamp as much as Auburn fans. Seems to be all speculation. The only credible source I've seen is the guy from ESPN.

Well we are fairly certain there is interest on both parties but nothing is set yet. I'm sure there is interest for the A&M job too. Two people bidding for his services works out great for him.

I can see him going to AM over us.

They could more easily afford his salary.

Word is, for various reasons, A&M isn't as high on his list as other options. They are taking a hard look at Odom from Memphis.

Pat Narduzzi - Michigan State Best DC in the country. For 1.75 million, he would walk to Auburn

I can see him going to AM over us.

They could more easily afford his salary.

Word is, for various reasons, A&M isn't as high on his list as other options. They are taking a hard look at Odom from Memphis.

I think it is Odom or Muschamp for either school.

Archived