Ellis Johnson out as Auburn Defensive coordinator

tigerbrotha12

I hope we can get muschamp, but if we cant pull off the home run hire i wouldnt be opposed to bringing chizik back. I know i know, he will not bring any excitement but he was a heck of a DC and he still lives in Auburn. It would also help AU from paying him around 5mil a year not to coach

I doubt Gus agrees with you.

I think the Tampa 2 defense has had its day. There's literally NO WAY Chizik will be returning as a DC.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one do not understand all this wishing for either Tommry Tuberville or Gene Chizik to be the new DC at Auburn. Tuberville is currently a head coach. Why would he quit that to come be a coordinator? Chizik used to be AU's head coach (took AU from the penthouse to the outhouse in a matter of only 2 years, and therefore had to be fired) and was at one time Gus Malzahn's boss. Why would Gus bring someone in who used to be his boss, and, according to many posts during that time, meddled in Malzahn's game plans when Gus was the OC at AU under Chizik? I just don't get it.

BTW---I sure as hell hope it's Will Muschamp. I think a Malzahn/Muschamp pairing will give the other coaches in the SEC nightmares.

I want a defensive coordinator who isn't afraid to be intimidating and aggressive, someone who won't tolerate the type of play we've seen over the last five or six years. Roof and Johnson both always seemed too nice. I think VanGorder had us on the right track, but Chizik took over and messed things up. Will Muschamp is the last defensive coordinator who had us in the top 5 in defense.

Van Gorder was horrible

His D was extremely stingy at UGA. He's bounced around so much since then, who knows if he's any good? His D wasn't impressive this year at ND, but it was comprised almost entirely of sophomores.

I for one do not understand all this wishing for either Tommry Tuberville or Gene Chizik to be the new DC at Auburn. Tuberville is currently a head coach. Why would he quit that to come be a coordinator? Chizik used to be AU's head coach (took AU from the penthouse to the outhouse in a matter of only 2 years, and therefore had to be fired) and was at one time Gus Malzahn's boss. Why would Gus bring someone in who used to be his boss, and, according to many posts during that time, meddled in Malzahn's game plans when Gus was the OC at AU under Chizik? I just don't get it.

BTW---I sure as hell hope it's Will Muschamp. I think a Malzahn/Muschamp pairing will give the other coaches in the SEC nightmares.

Thank you for posting some common sense! I was about to post something similar but you did a better job of it than I would have.

LOLOLOL @ these people who don't think basically every single one of our coaches minus Gus are constantly using "foul" language. This is football. Some of these posters can't be this naive. All you have to do is look at the assistants when they are shown on camera during games and anybody with minimal lip reading skills can tell what "foul" words are being said.

I'm amazed at how dumb a coaching search makes people. Hiring Chizik or Tuberville is about like suggesting that a couple should hire the husband's ex-wife as their new live-in nanny.

I'm amazed at how dumb a coaching search makes people. Hiring Chizik or Tuberville is about like suggesting that a couple should hire the husband's ex-wife as their new live-in nanny.

Sad, but true. What's worse ? It happens.

Bo pelini. His defenses are great, with some exceptions like that terrible big 10 title game against wisky. His fire is great too. He will not tolerate what we saw last week and im sure players will fear letting him down.

NO!!!!!

H3ll NO!!!

Bo pelini. His defenses are great, with some exceptions like that terrible big 10 title game against wisky. His fire is great too. He will not tolerate what we saw last week and im sure players will fear letting him down.

NO!!!!!

H3ll NO!!!

Bo Pellini would be the worst choice possible. Dude is a maniac and not really that good anyway. I do not recall his defenses at LSU being that spectacular. Getting the Nebraska job was the best thing that happened to LSU in the last 10 years.

Van Gorder was horrible

His D was extremely stingy at UGA. He's bounced around so much since then, who knows if he's any good? His D wasn't impressive this year at ND, but it was comprised almost entirely of sophomores.

ND doesn't get the cream of the crop in recruiting either, not like they used to. Their fanbase is like several of the old guard schools. They want to think they can still be what they were 30 years ago and it ain't happening, not on a yearly basis.

How in the hell does Johnson have a $2.2 Million buyout? Was he really that coveted after Southern Miss?

We should take that out of Jay Jacobs' ass. Has he not learned anything?

x2

How in the hell does Johnson have a $2.2 Million buyout? Was he really that coveted after Southern Miss?

We should take that out of Jay Jacobs' ass. Has he not learned anything?

x2

As previously mentioned, he doesn't have a buyout. That figure is the remainder of his three year contract which we are breaking by firing him.

NO!!!!!

H3ll NO!!!

Bo Pellini would be the worst choice possible. Dude is a maniac and not really that good anyway. I do not recall his defenses at LSU being that spectacular. Getting the Nebraska job was the best thing that happened to LSU in the last 10 years.

His defenses were top 3 in the country every year he was at LSU. Not saying I want him, but he got the Nebraska job because he had been an excellent d coordinator.

NO!!!!!

H3ll NO!!!

Actually, his defenses were pretty damned spectacular. Of course, he seems to have a temper problem now, so I'd be against the hire. Besides, somebody will pick him up as HC. He's delivered multiple winning seasons as a head coach at Braskypants.

NO!!!!!

H3ll NO!!!

Actually, his defenses were pretty damned spectacular. Of course, he seems to have a temper problem now, so I'd be against the hire. Besides, somebody will pick him up as HC. He's delivered multiple winning seasons as a head coach at Braskypants.

Well you got me then. Like I said, I didn't remember them and you reminded me. Frankly, i dont care how good his defense were, his name wouldn't be on ANY list I might make if I was conducting the search, which Im not, so it doesn't really matter. He is arguably the most unlikable guy in college football. I cant stand the dude.

Archived