Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

Just read this from SDS... (link)

"It will be a strong close for Jim McElwain and the Florida Gators on National Signing Day. The No. 1 player in the country in offensive tackle Martez Ivey will sign with the Gators. Fellow five-star defensive linemen Byron Cowart and CeCe Jefferson will also ink with the Gators. McElwain understands the SEC is a line of scrimmage league, and he’ll sign three studs around whom to build his program in the first two months on the job."

And to throw on more wrench... "Will Muschamp won't coach at Auburn"

And why exactly wouldn't Muschamp coach at Auburn? What is that guy smoking?

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It will be a strong close for Jim McElwain and the Florida Gators on National Signing Day. The No. 1 player in the country in offensive tackle Martez Ivey will sign with the Gators. Fellow five-star defensive linemen Byron Cowart and CeCe Jefferson will also ink with the Gators. McElwain understands the SEC is a line of scrimmage league, and he’ll sign three studs around whom to build his program in the first two months on the job."

Just another on the long list of reasons why nobody should ever go to that Same Dumb Stuff site.

I think he drank the whole bottle of Jack.

That was that guy's "bold" predictions for the offseason. Said Dan Quinn might hire away CWM for his D coordinator if he takes the Atlanta job.

"Bold" meaning "stupid", right?

Exactly

He may be right, if CWM gets us through signing day with a big haul then I will be thankful.

They guy is just making predictions. We lost our special teams coach to Dallas a few years ago, it's not an outrageous suggestion.

That was that guy's "bold" predictions for the offseason. Said Dan Quinn might hire away CWM for his D coordinator if he takes the Atlanta job.

Exactly

He may be right, if CWM gets us through signing day with a big haul then I will be thankful.

They guy is just making predictions. We lost our special teams coach to Dallas a few years ago, it's not an outrageous suggestion.

Exactly

That was before he ever started though. Muschamp has already started.

I used to keep up wit SDS but I quit reading the blog because this guy Cooper writes about UAT about 90% of the time, he leaves no doubt where his allegiance lies

Anyone else feeling good about the actual possibility of getting Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, and Holland all in the same class, plus possibly even Beckner??

We're not getting Beckner.

Anyone else feeling good about the actual possibility of getting Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, and Holland all in the same class, plus possibly even Beckner??

It seems that most AU people fell pretty good about Cowart and Holland.

That was before he ever started though. Muschamp has already started.

He did start and recruited for all of a week or 2.

No. We may only lead for 2 of them right now. still likely no higher than #3 for Beckner right now.

I was really hoping we could pull Ivey but it sounds like he is going to UF. Are we setting up for a top 10 class? Maybe 8-10 area?

I was really hoping we could pull Ivey but it sounds like he is going to UF. Are we setting up for a top 10 class? Maybe 8-10 area?

5-6

5-6

I have tried to not follow recruiting this year because the past 4 years I wasted my life on the decisions of these kids. Is 5-6 a realistic projection?

Not at this moment

5-6

I have tried to not follow recruiting this year because the past 4 years I wasted my life on the decisions of these kids. Is 5-6 a realistic projection?

No one has a real clue until all papers are signed on NSD. If we do indeed end up with a top 10 class then we are keeping up with the Joneses. It is all up to on the field coaching after that.

wde

5-6

50/50

5-6

No one has a real clue until all papers are signed on NSD.

That's why I temper my expectations during the recruitment process. It's a carnival until NSD, especially in the weeks leading up to. In recent years I've gotten too tired of the games that these kids like to play.

5-6

That's why I temper my expectations during the recruitment process. It's a carnival until NSD, especially in the weeks leading up to. In recent years I've gotten too tired of the games that these kids like to play.

Your a smart man/woman SMB

The relationship Coach Muschamp has with these defensive recruits is huge for us with 2 weeks to go. In addition, they don't have to be convinced of his reputation as an elite defensive coach. When you add in TRob, Garner, Thompson with everything about Auburn, you have a formidable combination to offer these defensive guys. It gives one a reason for encouragement.

Depends on the site. Top 8 n the composite, top 6 on ESPN, top 10 on 247 only, Top 3 or 4 on Scout, and Top 5 on Rivals.

5-6

Your a smart man/woman SMB

Man.

Archived