Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

[ Hearing different about Ivey

Me too!

It is going to be close, but hearing although he is having a very hard time choosing between us and FL, he is seeing AU as having more what he is looking for.

If he had not grown up a huge Florida fan, he would already be committed to AU.

Indeed^^

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If by chance the home visit would convince Mack to pick Auburn who would we not take because we got him?

We're not getting Mack. He has a baby and therefore I would be shocked if he went to school far away from home.

You're probably right but it wouldn't be the first time that we've gotten someone in that situation. If I recall correctly, we pulled Eric Mack out of South Carolina despite similar citcumstances back in the 2010 class.

You don't think we pick up another OL, Ivey or otherwise?

No. I think Ivey picks UF and Chidi picks Bama.

Hearing different about Ivey

Going into this weekend's visit the staff felt we were trailing UF and had an uphill battle to get Ivey. Things may change with this visit but that's where things were as of Yesterday.

True^^. But a prominent guy close to the gators has been told otherwise. But we shall see

Going into this weekend's visit the staff felt we were trailing UF and had an uphill battle to get Ivey. Things may change with this visit but that's where things were as of Yesterday.

Thank you, e.

I alwayss appreciate your input.

I almost always appreciate palYe aleYs.

:cheers:

Thank you, e.

I alwayss appreciate your input.

I almost always appreciate palYe aleYs.

Not cool at all! We are now sworn enemies!

;)

I am updating and going big.1-S- Irvin ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️2-LB- Holland ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️3-DE- Cowert ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️4-OL- Ivey ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️5-DE- CeCe ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️6-WR- Ryan Davis ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️7-DT- Norton ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️8- DT- one of Thompson, Mack, or Beckner ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Shocker- WR- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Late Addition- DE- Wanogho Jr.- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Irvin In.

if the tweet about Cowert is correct, Holland and CeCe maybe too....

So far so good.

So from what I understand we can sign 28. With the addition of Irvin we are up to 21.

My question is this, the punter will be Greyshirted so does he count toward the 28 leaving us with 7 openings or will his scholly be part of next years leaving us with 8 openings?

So from what I understand we can sign 28. With the addition of Irvin we are up to 21.

My question is this, the punter will be Greyshirted so does he count toward the 28 leaving us with 7 openings or will his scholly be part of next years leaving us with 8 openings?

No he does not count. He doesn't count until he actually signs. He is free to go elsewhere if he wishes to.

No he does not count. He doesn't count until he actually signs. He is free to go elsewhere if he wishes to.

So technicaly we can think in terms of being at only 20 right now (after Irvin) with 8 slots remaining?

So technicaly we can think in terms of being at only 20 right now (after Irvin) with 8 slots remaining?

We are at 21 now, counting Irvin and Golson but not counting the punter.

So we are, in fact, going to start running out of room here soon???

We have seven slots left, unless we pull a Saban and start jerking offers away from kids that are already committed to Auburn. Now, an optimist would say that there are more than seven 4* and 5* guys out there that will want to sign with Auburn. A pessimist might say we'll have three or four slots go unfilled because most of those hot-shots will sign elsewhere. Pick whatever makes you happy! :)

So we have 7 slots available and I think reasonable people would agree 4 need to be saved for Ivey, Cowart, Jefferson, and Holland. That leaves only three open!

To me, who gets these remaining 3 is the real interesting story. It would appear we have 4 different positions and at least 13 different players all of which have been getting some ink lately.

WR: For a long time it seems we have been looking or one more WR. Names that have been getting some attention included; R. Davis, Godwin, and Burt,

DB's: It appears Coach Boom has a different concept about the ideal DB therefore D. Davis, Redwine, Dinson, and Martin are being recruited.

DL: At one time it looked like we were targeting signing as many as six. Now even with Cowart and Jefferson we only have 4. Do we have a shot at Tega, Mark, Becker, Key, and/or Norton?

QB: Gus learned from CGC's last two years and will not get caught without an elite SEC QB. Long gone are the days of Coach Tub only having 2 or 3 QB's on the roster. Gus will sign multiples every year so he's looking at Gibson.

Many possibilities, few openings; to me that's the big story to follow.

It depends if we have filled all our spots when he enrolls. If there is room he counts back to this class. If nor then he would count to the 2016 class if he indeed enrolls January 2016.

I think (although no one seems to know) Austin Golson actually counts as part of this class.

Well he does when he goes on scholly in May per Mark Murphy so yes Austin Golson is part of the 28 in this class.

FWIW my post Boom AU close

WR Ryan Davis

WR one of Lawrence Cager, Devante Peete, or Brandon Martin

DE Byron Cowart

DE Prince Tega

LB Jeffery Holland

CB 2 of Davante Davis, Sheldrick Redwine, Javarius Davis, and Jeremiah Dinson

1 spot for best available or Ian Shannon to not grayshirt if we don't fill it

Other notable targets

Martez Ivey Florida

Chidi Valentine-Okeke Bama

John Burt Texas

Cece Jefferson Ole Miss

Arden Key LSU

FWIW my post Boom AU close

WR Ryan Davis

WR one of Lawrence Cager, Devante Peete, or Brandon Martin

DE Byron Cowart

DE Prince Tega

LB Jeffery Holland

CB 2 of Davante Davis, Sheldrick Redwine, Javarius Davis, and Jeremiah Dinson

1 spot for best available or Ian Shannon to not grayshirt if we don't fill it

Other notable targets

Martez Ivey Florida

Chidi Valentine-Okeke Bama

John Burt Texas

Cece Jefferson Ole Miss

Arden Key LSU

I think you hit the nail on the head with 2 weeks left... and that seems to the consensus on several sites... our best chances are with:

Cowart

Holland

A top WR (Davis, etc)

Prince

Another top CB

These are the best possibilities. That would give us a 5* and possibly 4 more 4*s... which would be insane. Key has yet to visit so maybe we can sway him and another player we are going to try and work on is Mack (who visits this weekend) - but AU is on the outside looking in at this point.

CeCe is supposedly going to Ole Miss this weekend... and if it is unofficial they will get him. I think the chances of AU landing him are not very good unless he returns to AU which is highly unlikely.

Ivey is going to FL at this point. I think he likes AU a lot but FL is just his dream school.

Terry G: He really likes AU but I think he sticks with UGA.

Burt: Texas. It appears that his family basically said told him he is going to Texas.

Thompson and Beckner - AU has no shot.

Just read this from SDS... (link)

"It will be a strong close for Jim McElwain and the Florida Gators on National Signing Day. The No. 1 player in the country in offensive tackle Martez Ivey will sign with the Gators. Fellow five-star defensive linemen Byron Cowart and CeCe Jefferson will also ink with the Gators. McElwain understands the SEC is a line of scrimmage league, and he’ll sign three studs around whom to build his program in the first two months on the job."

And to throw on more wrench... "Will Muschamp won't coach at Auburn"

Archived