Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I am hearing things are now, with the top target recruits is as follows:

1. Martez Ivey: 65%. Still think he winds up in an Orange and Blue Tiger uniform.

2. Byron Cowart: 50% between us and FSU.

3. John Burt: 60% AU. If his mom would get on board, think it would be close to a done deal.

4. Daron Payne: 20% AU, 80% Bama. Thought we may have a better shot, but even though he gives us lip service, Sabear always has a spy in our camp for the past three years

5. D'Andre Walker: 40%. Although he officialed to Tenn, think Georgia may be our toughest competitor here.

6. Chide Valentine-Okeke: No idea. Have not heard anything.

7. Jeffrey Holland: 90%. Believe he will be an orange and blue tiger.

8. Terry Beckner: 40%. The Official visit will be essential here.

9. CC Jefferson: 53%. Biggest move seems to be with CC. Prior to Muschamp, 0%. Now, I think we are trending toward the lead.

10. Justin Martin: No word on where we stand. Consensus is we have a good shot, but not hearing anything from my sources.

Out of this list, we are in good shape with 2 and trending with 4 at 50% or better.

As always, nothing guaranteed. Appreciate the update bike and I'd take four out of that list any day of the week.

Absolutely nothng guaranteed. Out of the list as the %s indicate, we are in the best shape with Holland. I do believe we will get at least two out of the list above. Four is a real possibility, but until the ink dries, these are TRENDS ONLY.

• 2 weeks later...

Things have gotten a lot more interesting lately. This weekend will shake some things up quite a bit.

The next two will likely define our class.

We will close with the following 11th hour group; 5 total recruits that will be made of 3 total 5-star recruits, and 2 total 4-star recruit this is in addition to the 20 recruits we currently have committed.

We will close with the following 11th hour group; 5 total recruits that will be made of 3 total 5-star recruits, and 2 total 4-star recruit this is in addition to the 20 recruits we currently have committed.

Want to put names by those stars?

So, we're going to leave three available slots unfilled? Why would we do that?

I feel like we have a legitimate shot to land Terry Godwin. Two articles said his relationship with Coach Craig is getting stronger, and that his family loves what AU has to offer.

I feel like we have a legitimate shot to land Terry Godwin. Two articles said his relationship with Coach Craig is getting stronger, and that his family loves what AU has to offer.

Believe I read a quote where he is super excited about UGA's new OC hire. Doesn't mean what you said is false, though.

Here is my highly optimistic list of who we land pre 1/16 official visit weekend extravaganza. This list is subject to change following that weekend.

WR John Burt

WR Ryan Davis

OL Martez Ivey

DT Kendrick Norton

DT Terry Beckner, Jr.

DE Byron Cowart

DE CeCe Jefferson

DE Arden Key

LB Jeffrey Holland

LB Adonis Thomas

DB Justin Martin

ATH Terry Godwin

We lose the following committed prospects

ATH Montravious Atkinson

ATH Elijah Sullivan

DT Jautavious Johnson

DB Chris Westry

Here is my highly optimistic list of who we land pre 1/16 official visit weekend extravaganza. This list is subject to change following that weekend.

WR John Burt

WR Ryan Davis

OL Martez Ivey

DT Kendrick Norton

DT Terry Beckner, Jr.

DE Byron Cowart

DE CeCe Jefferson

DE Arden Key

LB Jeffrey Holland

LB Adonis Thomas

DB Justin Martin

ATH Terry Godwin

ATH Montravious Atkinson

ATH Elijah Sullivan

DT Jautavious Johnson

DB Chris Westry

Why do I keep hearing we may lose Westry! He is a 6'3 cornerback. We could potentially strike gold with him at safety, cb, or beef him up to play linebacker. Who would we lose Jauntavious to?

Westry isn't going anywhere. CWM wants CB's who can cover man to man, and Westry excels in just that. Plus, UF w/ CWM/T-Rob were his first offer, then us.

Johnson/Atkinson will stick. Don't know about Sully.

WR John Burt

WR Ryan Davis

OL Martez Ivey

DT Kendrick Norton

DT Terry Beckner, Jr.

DE Byron Cowart

DE CeCe Jefferson

DE Arden Key

LB Jeffrey Holland

LB Adonis Thomas

DB Justin Martin

ATH Terry Godwin

ATH Montravious Atkinson

ATH Elijah Sullivan

DT Jautavious Johnson

DB Chris Westry

Westry? You serious, Clark? I think we might lose a commitment.

WR John Burt

WR Ryan Davis

OL Martez Ivey

DT Kendrick Norton

DT Terry Beckner, Jr.

DE Byron Cowart

DE CeCe Jefferson

DE Arden Key

LB Jeffrey Holland

LB Adonis Thomas

DB Justin Martin

ATH Terry Godwin

ATH Montravious Atkinson

ATH Elijah Sullivan

DT Jautavious Johnson

DB Chris Westry

I'm not going to argue about YOUR opinion but was there any logic involved whatsoever regarding westry are did you just feel like saying something?

Things have gotten a lot more interesting lately. This weekend will shake some things up quite a bit.

The next two will likely define our class.

Who is on slate for this weekend? We know the 1/16 visit list, but I have not seen anything on 1/9 visits.

You guys know that Westry is still a 3* project, right? If Muschamp and T-Rob want him then that's great. I'm all for it. But the last I heard, Muschamp had not contacted Westry and his offer to Florida was not commitable.

My wish list is also based on getting higher rated players. If we can get the package deal of Cowart, Jefferson, Beckner, Holland, Key... then I would definitely give up our lower rated recruits.

Disclaimer: I'm no insider and in no way claim to have any idea of what the coaches are thinking.

WR John Burt

WR Ryan Davis

OL Martez Ivey

DT Kendrick Norton

DT Terry Beckner, Jr.

DE Byron Cowart

DE CeCe Jefferson

DE Arden Key

LB Jeffrey Holland

LB Adonis Thomas

DB Justin Martin

ATH Terry Godwin

ATH Montravious Atkinson

ATH Elijah Sullivan

DT Jautavious Johnson

DB Chris Westry

Yeah; that is like the pipe-dream of all pipe-dreams. So you're predicting that we land literally every single top prospect we have an offer out to? Good luck with that.

You need to take about 10 steps back on the expectations.

This was Smurphy's prediction a few days ago, FWIW

“@Smuphy: Auburn probably has about 8 spots left In this class. Some current commits won't be here signing day.”

“@Smuphy: @BriceBonner maybe lose westry, Atkinson, Sullivan. Sign some random CB, Key, Burt, Ryan Davis, and then it's a crap shoot. Lol”

WR John Burt

WR Ryan Davis

OL Martez Ivey

DT Kendrick Norton

DT Terry Beckner, Jr.

DE Byron Cowart

DE CeCe Jefferson

DE Arden Key

LB Jeffrey Holland

LB Adonis Thomas

DB Justin Martin

ATH Terry Godwin

ATH Montravious Atkinson

ATH Elijah Sullivan

DT Jautavious Johnson

DB Chris Westry

Yeah; that is like the pipe-dream of all pipe-dreams. So you're predicting that we land literally every single top prospect we have an offer out to? Good luck with that.

I tried to temper my expectations by not including Trent Thompson, Ro Smith, COV, & Iman Marshall, lol.

But yes, this is being HIGHLY optimistic and really a wish list more than anything. I'm just really hoping that the Garner, Muschamp, Craig, and T-Rob combination kills it on the 16th.

"@Smuphy: Auburn probably has about 8 spots left In this class. Some current commits won't be here signing day."

"@Smuphy: @BriceBonner maybe lose westry, Atkinson, Sullivan. Sign some random CB, Key, Burt, Ryan Davis, and then it's a crap shoot. Lol"

Who is smuphy?

"@Smuphy: Auburn probably has about 8 spots left In this class. Some current commits won't be here signing day."

"@Smuphy: @BriceBonner maybe lose westry, Atkinson, Sullivan. Sign some random CB, Key, Burt, Ryan Davis, and then it's a crap shoot. Lol"

Who is smuphy?

Never heard of him to be honest.

Who is smuphy?

Just a fan.

Losing a current commit (or a couple of them) is to be executed. The fact that we have offered several CB's these past few days could definitely signal that Westry may not be in future plans. He never had a solid offer from Florida. The reality is that at 6'4+ (I've actually heard he may be ~6'4.5) the likelihood of him actually being able to play CB isn't very high. Having "big corners" is one thing; but at a certain point the height just becomes a detractor. There is a reason why you don't see a party of 6'4+ corners running around in the NFL, or even in College.

WR John Burt

WR Ryan Davis

OL Martez Ivey

DT Kendrick Norton

DT Terry Beckner, Jr.

DE Byron Cowart

DE CeCe Jefferson

DE Arden Key

LB Jeffrey Holland

LB Adonis Thomas

DB Justin Martin

ATH Terry Godwin

ATH Montravious Atkinson

ATH Elijah Sullivan

DT Jautavious Johnson

DB Chris Westry

I tried to temper my expectations by not including Trent Thompson, Ro Smith, COV, & Iman Marshall, lol.

But yes, this is being HIGHLY optimistic and really a wish list more than anything. I'm just really hoping that the Garner, Muschamp, Craig, and T-Rob combination kills it on the 16th.

If your going to dream, dream big I say.

I'm always suspicious when people say we're going to lose a lower rated guy. We evaluated him. UF evaluated him and liked him. We have very, very little historical evidence of pulling offers, even when there's a coaching change. The only guy I recall getting cold shouldered when Malzahn took over is Jordan Wilkins. That only one guy, and you have to remember that the head coach is still the same. I'll be very shocked if we back off a guy that already committed to us.

With that in mind, you'd have to think Westry is going to sign unless he gets a better offer. That seems unlikely. I expect him to be in the signing class.

Archived