Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we pretty much traded a 3* cornerback to Kentucky for another 3* cornerback.

Huge difference..... Will Muschamp is and always has been a good DC. Ellis Johnson was not. I will go with Muschamp's opinion any day of the week in terms of D talent (especially in the secondary before I would Ellis Johnson.

Maybe some here should scale their expectations down a bit? With the news that we're probably getting Dinson and that the punter, Shannon, is going to be signed instead of greyshirted, we're down to only six remaining slots. Some have penciled that many 5* guys in for us.

If not another one commits or signs we have a solid class. Blowing the roof off on signing day is looking less likely. I feel like we'll pick up a few of them but the numbers are getting low and the coaches know what's likely to happen. Just a word of caution....

Maybe some here should scale their expectations down a bit? With the news that we're probably getting Dinson and that the punter, Shannon, is going to be signed instead of greyshirted, we're down to only six remaining slots. Some have penciled that many 5* guys in for us.

If not another one commits or signs we have a solid class. Blowing the roof off on signing day is looking less likely. I feel like we'll pick up a few of them but the numbers are getting low and the coaches know what's likely to happen. Just a word of caution....

Solid advice that will be largely ignored.

WDE!

Solid advice that will be largely ignored.

WDE!

Completely agree!

We have some on here whose blind homerism elevates above simple common sense and reasoning. Those that keep saying we are getting all these 5* players based on "vibes" or just plain bias might have their feelings hurt here in a bit. I do think we get maybe two of these, the others are destined to play against us. It happens.

On a brighter side, other than Dinson get some CBs to us, I noticed that Hoke has CBd Ivey to us and KN the same with Carlton Davis. Not that I put a 100% into those predictions, I do value the opinion of those two.

Huge difference..... Will Muschamp is and always has been a good DC. Ellis Johnson was not. I will go with Muschamp's opinion any day of the week in terms of D talent (especially in the secondary before I would Ellis Johnson.

I trust Muschamp's opinion too. I was just making a "don't see that too often" statement..... no need to start preaching about trusting our DC's opinion. It might get some people going but it is generally repulsive to me.

All 5* class is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Auburn cannot pull in all 5* class, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

All 5* class is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Auburn cannot pull in all 5* class, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

Assuming this is tongue in cheek. Otherwise, everyone's signing class is a failure.

Ohio State had 3 stars and 2 4 stars on their O-line. They didn't appear to be in awe of Nicky's 5 stars they were pummeling for 4 quarters. I want to see coaches coach players up. We get plenty of athletes. Just my opinion.

Reading all the good news this weekend, here's my order of likelihood:

CB Jeremiah Dinson - 100%

CB Javarius Davis - 100%

LB Holland - 100%

DE Tega - 100%

DE Cowart - 80%

CB Carlton Davis - 50%

OT Ivey - 50%

WR Ryan Davis - 50%

DE Jefferson - 40%

OT Chidi Okeke-Valentine - 40%

DE Arden Key - 40%

DT Beckner - 40%

ABSOLUTELY^^

CB Javarius Davis - 100%

LB Holland - 100%

DE Tega - 100%

DE Cowart - 80%

CB Carlton Davis - 50%

OT Ivey - 50%

WR Ryan Davis - 50%

DE Jefferson - 40%

DE Arden Key - 40%

DT Beckner - 40%

If we get everyone on youre list above 50% and at lest one that is a 50% guy I would be more than happy.

CB Javarius Davis - 100%

LB Holland - 100%

DE Tega - 100%

DE Cowart - 80%

CB Carlton Davis - 50%

OT Ivey - 50%

WR Ryan Davis - 50%

DE Jefferson - 40%

DE Arden Key - 40%

DT Beckner - 40%

There's a familiar handle. Welcome aboard, VS1.

WDE!

Everything I've seen basically has Tega as a AU lock. If that is in fact true, why will he be waiting until after signing day to sign? Why take extra time that isn't needed if he truly wants to come to AU?

Maybe the staff really wants him, but due to the severity of his injury they at least want to see what happens on NSD. If we fill up, they might want him to sit out a year like Coleman did.

Just spitballing.

WDE!

What about the Texas CB DeVante Davis? I think Irvin might be able to work some magic here, and then that would for sure look like at least 3 CBs?

I believe that Cowart and Holland are ours. I'm pretty confident about Tega. I think CeCe goes elsewhere. I think one of the others that are on the fence will choose Auburn in the end, maybe Ivey.

CB Javarius Davis - 100%

LB Holland - 100%

DE Tega - 100%

DE Cowart - 80%

CB Carlton Davis - 50%

OT Ivey - 50%

WR Ryan Davis - 50%

DE Jefferson - 40%

DE Arden Key - 40%

DT Beckner - 40%

^^^^^^ Good list. Switch D. Davis w/ C. Davis is the only thing I would change.

Man, things have become so fluid the last couple weeks, I do not envy the recruiting services. Every day seems to bring a new name into the fold. I like it, but I'm glad I don't have to track it.

Thanks to those who continue to bring the info.

Archived