Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

Harrell has dealt with acl injuries for 2 of the 3 years and it seems like another injury in there somewhere. He had such potential but sometimes the bug just bites you. I remember Rocker really excited for this commitment that year. I was really rooting for him. At least he can say he got a sack in an Auburn uniform.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Harrell has dealt with acl injuries for 2 of the 3 years and it seems like another injury in there somewhere. He had such potential but sometimes the bug just bites you. I remember Rocker really excited for this commitment that year. I was really rooting for him. At least he can say he got a sack in an Auburn uniform.

That was a monster sack too. He looked all world if I remember correctly. I was like, whoa.. Who is that and where has he been?!!!

If we miss out on all four of Ivey, Cowart, Jefferson, and Holland, I will be a 2 on a happiness scale of 1-10 (Where 3 is Reuben Foster sad and 10 is Wes Byrum kicking a game winning national championship field goal happy).

That was a monster sack too. He looked all world if I remember correctly. I was like, whoa.. Who is that and where has he been?!!!

He is a pure pass rusher. He needed to bulk up when he first got to auburn. I really think he would have been in the mix this year even if Carl played but the injuries have been one after the other. He never could be healthy enough to consistently grow into his potential. Here's to hoping he gives it one more shot.

Anyone heard about Darrell Williams (I think that's his name) the linebacker, is he still commited and turds in the process of stealing him?

No.

“@rivalsmike: I have #Auburn leading for Byron Cowart, CeCe Jefferson and Ryan Davis heading into the weekend. #WarEagle #WDE”

“@rivalsmike: I also think #Auburn is in great shape for Javarius Davis and Jeff Holland. Could be a crazy finish for #WarEagle if they hold on.”

"@rivalsmike: I have #Auburn leading for Byron Cowart, CeCe Jefferson and Ryan Davis heading into the weekend. #WarEagle #WDE"

"@rivalsmike: I also think #Auburn is in great shape for Javarius Davis and Jeff Holland. Could be a crazy finish for #WarEagle if they hold on."

Love it!

"@rivalsmike: I have #Auburn leading for Byron Cowart, CeCe Jefferson and Ryan Davis heading into the weekend. #WarEagle #WDE"

"@rivalsmike: I also think #Auburn is in great shape for Javarius Davis and Jeff Holland. Could be a crazy finish for #WarEagle if they hold on."

Love it!

I've heard of him plenty of times, but who exactly is rivals mike? I'm hoping he's not an AU homer.

Love it!

I've heard of him plenty of times, but who exactly is rivals mike? I'm hoping he's not an AU homer.

National recruiting director for rivals. Not an AU homer. Says he's from Connecticut on his twitter page.

Love it!

National recruiting director for rivals. Not an AU homer. Says he's from Connecticut on his twitter page.

Awesome. Thanks much.

I don't know that I'd put a lot of thought into Mike but I mean, it's cool that he's saying that. I don't think weeks for Ryan Davis as much as earlier.

With Muschamp, TRob, Garner and Thompson, if Auburn ever had a defensive staff to close on these guys, it is now. When you add in Craig to help out with the Florida boys and you have the stars aligning. Then we have Tim Irvin already enrolled and working that angle as part of "the group" of recruits.

Anyone heard about Darrell Williams (I think that's his name) the linebacker, is he still commited and turds in the process of stealing him?

Unless something has happened this morning, he is still committed.

As I understand it---and I'm basing this solely on info from free sites---uat is actively recruiting him, but has not offered a scholarship. Maybe they're waiting for his OV to make more of an impact. Maybe he's a back up plan in case one of their LB commits flips to another program. Other than his OV to uat (this weekend, I think) I haven't seen any actual indicators that we're in any danger of losing him.

WDE!

Unless something has happened this morning, he is still committed.

As I understand it---and I'm basing this solely on info from free sites---uat is actively recruiting him, but has not offered a scholarship. Maybe they're waiting for his OV to make more of an impact. Maybe he's a back up plan in case one of their LB commits flips to another program. Other than his OV to uat (this weekend, I think) I haven't seen any actual indicators that we're in any danger of losing him.

WDE!

Thanks I was wondering. I quit following recruiting so closely this year, see it as a waste. I know usually the bammers still a linebacker or 2 and since I haven't seen much about him I figured he'd be slipping into the bammers hands.

Holland going to Ole Miss this weekend with Jefferson bodes well for us. Our biggest competition is Florida, so it's really good that he's not visiting UF with Cowart this weekend.

And it also worked out with Lawing going to FSU instead of Alabama. I don't want them anywhere in the picture come signing day with these 3.

Do we have a realistic chance of flipping that other Texas committed DB that Irvin is friends with?

Yes

Nice. Thanks. I just wish it could all be over...

Even after distancing myself from recruiting after Evans, I feel myself being pulled more and more into recruiting this year.

Must count to 10....

Do we have a realistic chance of flipping that other Texas committed DB that Irvin is friends with?

Yes

Nice. Thanks. I just wish it could all be over...

Even after distancing myself from recruiting after Evans, I feel myself being pulled more and more into recruiting this year.

Must count to 10....

It's still fun but I am not getting all up into it like I have.

Here's my top 15. If we can close with half of these guys, it'll be an incredible class. Hopefully, it'll be the top half of the list!

1. Byron Cowart

2. Martez Ivey

3. CeCe Jefferson

4. Terry Beckner, Jr.

5. Terry Godwin

6. Preston Williams

7. Jeffrey Holland

8. Torrance Gibson

9. Carlton Davis

10. Davante Davis

11. Prince Tega

12. COV