2 NYPD cops shot and killed

cooltigger21

And this isn't going to cut it! LAPD officers celebrate Michael Brown’s death in parody song: http://thegrio.com/2...FJG-9Gk.twitter

Wow! That is very disturbing. Heads should roll on this one.

Won't happen. Everyone has the freedom to be who they are on their time off.

But it certainly makes a great case for diversity in an organization!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this isn't going to cut it! LAPD officers celebrate Michael Brown’s death in parody song: http://thegrio.com/2...FJG-9Gk.twitter

You may be right. I hope not. I've been involved with some Fortune 500 companies that absolutely would not tolerate this behavior. Code of Conduct violation. You are gone!

You may be right. I hope not. I've been involved with some Fortune 500 companies that absolutely would not tolerate this behavior. Code of Conduct violation. You are gone!

It's interesting to consider how technology has re-defined private behavior. Virtually everyone within hearing and seeing distance of you has a camera on them, much less revealing oneself on social media.

It's interesting to consider how technology has re-defined private behavior. Virtually everyone within hearing and seeing distance of you has a camera on them, much less revealing oneself on social media.

I agree, but isn't it amazing the dumb a$$es that don't get it?

I agree, but isn't it amazing the dumb a$$es that don't get it?

Well, they apparently didn't feel anything was wrong about their behavior to begin with so it's not really surprising they weren't very sensitive to keeping it secret. Either way, I agree they are (at the very least) dumb asses.

Fortune 500 companies are accountable to shareholders and consumers, thus they have skin in the game via a built in economic incentive to not be an ***hole. Police officers have no such incentive.

sounds like one person made a tasteless parody to a popular song, including the most overblown current event to entertain a room of cops, which 99% of cops back Darren Wilson. A good idea? Obviously not. Worthy of national debate or speculation of a deeper conspiracy? I dont think so.

sounds like one person made a tasteless parody to a popular song, including the most overblown current event to entertain a room of cops, which 99% of cops back Darren Wilson. A good idea? Obviously not. Worthy of national debate or speculation of a deeper conspiracy? I dont think so.

It certainly supports the argument that cops are inherently biased in their attitudes toward blacks.

It certainly supports the argument that cops are inherently biased in their attitudes toward blacks.

BS! They are inherently biased in their attitudes toward getting killed. By anyone considered a threat. It's not a color bias.....it's a bias of living v/s dying. There's always outliers out there, but the basic premise you seek doesn't exist. Just so happens the majority of some departments spend a majority of their daily lives enforcing the law in areas known for criminal activity. We need moral reform in America more than anything.

BS! They are inherently biased in their attitudes toward getting killed. By anyone considered a threat. It's not a color bias.....it's a bias of living v/s dying. There's always outliers out there, but the basic premise you seek doesn't exist. Just so happens the majority of some departments spend a majority of their daily lives enforcing the law in areas known for criminal activity. We need moral reform in America more than anything.

Well that's a remarkably, uh..... "interesting" perspective on what they were doing. :-\

And just to clarify, I don't think all cops are inherently biased in their attitudes toward blacks, but their behavior in this incident certainly supports that argument. As any reasonable person would see.

Well that's a remarkably, uh..... "interesting" perspective on what they were doing. :-\

And just to clarify, I don't think all cops are inherently biased in their attitudes toward blacks, but their behavior certainly supports that argument. As any reasonable person would see.

why do you think cops are inherently biased toward blacks?

Well that's a remarkably, uh..... "interesting" perspective on what they were doing. :\

And just to clarify, I don't think all cops are inherently biased in their attitudes toward blacks, but their behavior certainly supports that argument. As any reasonable person would see.

Read this and see if it helps to answer your question.

Well that's a remarkably, uh..... "interesting" perspective on what they were doing. :\

thx for the link. but the question stands. why do YOU think that?

thx for the link. but the question stands. why do YOU think that?

Because they're human. Take the time to soak up that article.

I didn't say that. I said the activity portrayed supported that argument. Which it does.

I didn't say that. I said the activity portrayed supported that argument. Which it does.

I'd say by your comments throughout that you'd be one to jump head first at any opportunity to side with anyone who preached a narrative against LEO's. Broad brushes be damned?

I'd say by your comments throughout that you'd be one to jump head first at any opportunity to side with anyone who preached a narrative against LEO's. Broad brushes be damned?

Well, you would be wrong.

I have made no general comments or judgments on LEO's as a whole. Please show me where I have if you don't agree.

What I have done, is make multiple comments on the way particular incidents were handled by either the LEO or the system. Multiple comments are required to make and defend your point on this forum

Archived