2015 3* DL G.G. Robinson (Louisville signee)

metafour

Muschamp called Robinson today. Muschamp told him that they're waiting to see if a few of our guys qualify. Muschamp told him they'd give him a call on Monday or Tuesday.

When asked if we offered would he consider us? He said he doesn't really know but he thinks it's too late. (Translation: it's probably not too late.)

How, exactly, would we learn if a prospect will qualify between now and Tuesday?

Sounds like a nice way of saying, "If we miss on this guy, you're our backup plan"

It does, I agree. It also sounds like G.G. isn't too happy about being a backup plan for us. I can understand that.

This happens with some recruits every year. Sometimes they wait and sometimes they don't. Being upfront with the kid is the important thing.

I think this may be related to the flip watch on McGriff. Not sure we'd mind a flip.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't want to sign anyone we think will not qualify.

I get that, but I wasn't aware of a "flip watch" for McGriff. Is there some discussion of him being steered towards a school with lower admissions requirements?

I think this may be related to the flip watch on McGriff. Not sure we'd mind a flip.

Huh? First I've heard of this. Mind explaining a bit more?

UF has made a push for McGriff and he's a questionable qualifier. I think we have some other nice options at receiver already "in the fold", so a McGriff flip would open a scholly to use on a different position. I don't think we'd carry Kitt for a redshirt year, but would place him in a JUCO and push him back to the 2016 class as a first year player. JMO.

It's strictly one Florida site BS right now. He has not given our staff any indication of waivering right now.

UF has made a push for McGriff and he's a questionable qualifier. I think we have some other nice options at receiver already "in the fold", so a McGriff flip would open a scholly to use on a different position. I don't think we'd carry Kitt for a redshirt year, but would place him in a JUCO and push him back to the 2016 class as a first year player. JMO.

Roger that, thanks. Wasn't aware that UF was making a push for McGriff. Man, I hate that he's not in a good place academically.

It's strictly one Florida site BS right now. He has not given our staff any indication of waivering right now.

Gotcha. Here's another example of me being a guy who only knows what he reads on AUF :)

Thanks for the info as always, all.

Roger that, thanks. Wasn't aware that UF was making a push for McGriff. Man, I hate that he's not in a good place academically.

I'm hoping we get to hang on to McGriff, too.

Sounds like a nice way of saying, "If we miss on this guy, you're our backup plan"

That is probably exactly what it is.

I just hope it's not too little, too late. Obviously, if we feel strongly about getting Cowart and have no room for G.G., that's fine. However, if something were to go awry with Cowart and we were too late for G.G., we'd be up a creek...Here's to hoping Cowart chooses where I think he will.

I don't blame him for visiting anywhere he can. He is our backup plan, a "holla back guy" without a commitable offer. He'd be real, real stupid to not look out for himself and examine options.

I don't blame him for visiting anywhere he can. He is our backup plan, a "holla back guy" without a commitable offer. He'd be real, real stupid to not look out for himself and examine options.

Totally agree, Mikey. I also don't blame him for saying we got on him "entirely too late." It happens. CEJ wasn't as high on him as Boom, apparently. Still. kid should look out for himself.

This situation got a little ugly on Twitter and I hate that for a member of the Auburn family. I wish the kids would quit trolling, and I wish fans would quit tweeting with them. I hope an early signing period will change some of this.

This situation got a little ugly on Twitter and I hate that for a member of the Auburn family. I wish the kids would quit trolling, and I wish fans would quit tweeting with them. I hope an early signing period will change some of this.

It won't, it will just begin earlier imo.

I certainly hope Auburn fans are not tweeting him badly (pun intended). The kid wanted an Auburn offer and genuinely had hurt feelings. I would hope our fans would be encouraging toward him and wish him the best, no matter what was said.

More:

Keith Niebuhr

• 1_2917679.png
  • 17_800627.png 5 minutes ago

Auburn legacy G.G. Robinson, a 3-star Louisville commit form Parkview High in Georgia, was offered by the Tigers tonight, he told AuburnUndercover.

He said the offer came from Auburn defensive coordinator Will Muschamp.

Earlier in the night, he spoke briefly with Tigers defensive line coach Rodney Garner.

Archived