2015 3* DL G.G. Robinson (Louisville signee)

metafour

http://247sports.com...-Robinson-24071

He's got some pretty good offers. Don't freak out too much folks.

WDE

FL offered as as TE...we have plenty of those this year...almost seems as if the new LB coach just started accepting commits from lesser players all of a sudden. 2 guys in one day out of nowhere ranked as low 3 stars....doesn't pass the smell test to me

Quick question? Why are you being so negative on recruits? That is two today...just curious..if you don't like who we are recruiting then why say something negative?

Guess I'm just in a negative kind of mood...I'm not against these guys but something just seems out of whack here. Can't put my finger on it outside of Lance Thompson is the one pictured with all these surprise 3 stars

Thompson doesn't have the authority to offer without the head coach's and probably Muschamp's approval. Maybe try and be supportive of what the coaches know rather than what you don't.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda' like this guy....he has some real athleticism along with some size

Our coaches obviously agree. I think he could be a sleeper.

Many of us were wondering if AU would have enough room for these 5* and high 4* recruits and looks like we're going for 3* flips from Kentucky and Louisville instead. A little puzzling, maybe troubling but it's happened before. All our DL commits are 3* projects, but could turn out better than these 4* and 5* guys we've been getting. Who knows?

Everyone, back away from the ledge, don't jump. We've all seen 4 & 5 star recruits turn into duds and 3 star & walk-ons turn into studs. Put your faith in the coaches. Be happy we're even in the mix with some of these 5 star recruits. We got into it very late with some of the guys with recent hires. If we still had the old staff, we would not be getting these looks. We're in the game. Next year, we clean house after having time with the new staff in place longer.

I won't speak for Johnson, but I don't think there's snything "projecty" about Swain. He'll be in the rotation next year.

My goodness, it's like a herd of spooked cattle around here. No need to freak out. It is what it is and none of us here know what's going on in the proverbial war room. Let's let the dust settle before smashing the panic button. WDE.

I'm not the least bit panic'd. Sammie Coates was a 3 star, and we've all seen the article about how many high school 5 stars are starting in the Super Bowl.

Maybe our defensive staff are doing their own evaluations of who best fits our needs instead of 247, Scout, and the likes. Everyone seems to think the talent level on defense has dropped off since Tubbs. but all the recruiting "Experts" rank the classes very high. Maybe Tubbs needs to quit coaching and start a recruiting service.

If this is Gerald Robinson's son I will take him right now, his father was a beast. I'm sure he will hold up the family name.

He was a beast! And I also agree with your statement. Also, typically legacies love the Tigers!

Becoming spoiled is a good thing. ALL Auburn fans should be spoiled by wanting a top 5 or even the #1 class recruiting class every single year.

We've probably been looking at this kid all along, since he is a legacy, but have been waiting to see how the top prospects panned out. This may mean that we decided we were going to miss on one of our offensive players and decided to take one more defensive player. We don't seem to be getting the receivers we wanted.

I'm glad to have a legacy aboard and am excited for him. War Eagle, GG!

Maybe our defensive staff are doing their own evaluations of who best fits our needs instead of 247, Scout, and the likes. Everyone seems to think the talent level on defense has dropped off since Tubbs. but all the recruiting "Experts" rank the classes very high. Maybe Tubbs needs to quit coaching and start a recruiting service.

I'd say the coaching level on defense dropped...not talent level...

At least until now ;)/>

EDIT: to clarify I mean coaching level should be back at Tubberville levels on D...not that talent level will be back down

We're complaining because we could potentially land 5 - 5*'s on signing day and now it looks like we're going to settle for 3*'s. This was looking like one of the best finishes in Auburn recruiting history. Still could be. But I, and others on here, think it's too early to be offering and getting commitments from 3*'s with so much more talent still on the board.

We're complaining because we could potentially land 5 - 5*'s on signing day and now it looks like we're going to settle for 3*'s. This was looking like one of the best finishes in Auburn recruiting history. Still could be. But I, and others on here, think it's too early to be offering and getting commitments from 3*'s with so much more talent still on the board.

Who committed? Think about it.

He isn't committed people, he received an offer. Of what kind, we don't know. If we miss on others, this guy will sign late.

The very fact of contingency planning has people all in a tizzy. I find it soothing, as if we were in good hands.

Why would someone tweet as if they are going to play football at a school of they are not? He said he has the opportunity to ay ball at AU, not that he added AU to a list. His tweet sounds like it is a done deal...pretty misleading...I guess that's just Twitter though

I kinda' like this guy....he has some real athleticism along with some size

Our coaches obviously agree. I think he could be a sleeper.

could have said the same thing about the kid who flipped to Kentucky, Westry

Archived