2015 5* OT Martez Ivey (Florida signee)

EagleDamnWar

247 Bolt update on Ivey

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Two-stand-out-for-No-1-OT-Ivey-29478347

Martez Ivey of Apopka (Fla.) , the No. 1 offensive tackle recruit in the 247Sports Composite and arguably Auburn’s top offensive target, confirmed Saturday to AUC that he plans to visit the Tigers later this month with teammate Chandler Cox, an Auburn commitment.

He also noted that, as of now, Auburn and Florida stand out. Those two, along with Alabama and LSU, likely will get official visits.

Additionally, Ivey said a commitment possibly could come as early as this fall.

He will visit the Gators on July 25 for their Friday Night Lights event. No date has been set for Ivey’s Auburn visit, during which he plans to stay in Auburn at least one night.

The 6-foot-6, 270-pound Ivey, the No. 5 overall prospect in the country, has visited the Tigers once, in February.

He said he speaks regularly with Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee and offensive line coach J.B. Grimes -- and “sometimes” with head coach Gus Malzahn.

We will have a complete update on Ivey on Sunday.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I hadn't heard that he was thinking of moving his commitment date up. When did this happen, and what does the probable timeline look like now?

Link
Martez Ivey of Apopka (Fla.) , the No. 1 offensive tackle recruit in the 247Sports Composite and arguably Auburn’s top offensive target, confirmed Saturday to AUC that he plans to visit the Tigers later this month with teammate Chandler Cox, an Auburn commitment.

He also noted that, as of now, Auburn and Florida stand out. Those two, along with Alabama and LSU, likely will get official visits.

He will visit the Gators on July 25 for their Friday Night Lights event. No date has been set for Ivey’s Auburn visit, during which he plans to stay in Auburn at least one night.

The 6-foot-6, 270-pound Ivey, the No. 5 overall prospect in the country, has visited the Tigers once, in February.

He said he speaks regularly with Auburn offensive coordinatorRhett Lashlee and offensive line coach J.B. Grimes -- and “sometimes” with head coach Gus Malzahn.

Ah, I hadn't heard that he was thinking of moving his commitment date up. When did this happen, and what does the probable timeline look like now?

Link

He said he speaks regularly with Auburn offensive coordinatorRhett Lashlee and offensive line coach J.B. Grimes -- and “sometimes” with head coach Gus Malzahn.

I've seen this quote before somewhere... ;)

Link
Martez Ivey of Apopka (Fla.) , the No. 1 offensive tackle recruit in the 247Sports Composite and arguably Auburn's top offensive target, confirmed Saturday to AUC that he plans to visit the Tigers later this month with teammate Chandler Cox, an Auburn commitment.

He will visit the Gators on July 25 for their Friday Night Lights event. No date has been set for Ivey's Auburn visit, during which he plans to stay in Auburn at least one night.

He said he speaks regularly with Auburn offensive coordinatorRhett Lashlee and offensive line coach J.B. Grimes -- and "sometimes" with head coach Gus Malzahn.

Me too. Ellitor may be on a "redundancy is good" kick.

Link
Martez Ivey of Apopka (Fla.) , the No. 1 offensive tackle recruit in the 247Sports Composite and arguably Auburn's top offensive target, confirmed Saturday to AUC that he plans to visit the Tigers later this month with teammate Chandler Cox, an Auburn commitment.

He will visit the Gators on July 25 for their Friday Night Lights event. No date has been set for Ivey's Auburn visit, during which he plans to stay in Auburn at least one night.

He said he speaks regularly with Auburn offensive coordinatorRhett Lashlee and offensive line coach J.B. Grimes -- and "sometimes" with head coach Gus Malzahn.

Me too. Ellitor may be on a "redundancy is good" kick.

repetition is the key to Adult learning! E is just looking out for the older members :poke:

No guys. Since my post was a direct reply to Arch's question a page or 2 back I had not gotten to BSCI's post yet before I posted it.

I truly believe that Cox's relationship with Ivey could pay huge dividends if we can get Ivey to the Plains. Buddy system from personal experience keeps kids out of trouble and motivated/hungry. Let's not use Moseley and Dyer as an example.

In the Bleacher Report article on where uncomitted recruits at The Opening event will choose to attend school, they said Ivey would end up at FL. Let's hope they are wrong.

In the Bleacher Report article on where uncomitted recruits at The Opening event will choose to attend school, they said Ivey would end up at FL. Let's hope they are wrong.

Unless they link to another news site, I take nothing they put up with any stock at all. I more or less use them as a news ticker.

The fact that he is strongly considering us is pretty incredible. I have felt good since Keith N. CB'd him to us. He is one of a select few I pay attention to because he won't make a pick unless he has some Intel. This one will not be over until we see how UF does though.

The fact that he is strongly considering us is pretty incredible. I have felt good since Keith N. CB'd him to us. He is one of a select few I pay attention to because he won't make a pick unless he has some Intel. This one will not be over until we see how UF does though.

Since Ivey and Cox are taking a trip soon to AU. I hope this helps our chances. Cox loves AU, and I think he is pretty persuasive based on his twitter following. These 2 guys are best friends on the same HS team. That can be a very tight bond.

Unless they link to another news site, I take nothing they put up with any stock at all. I more or less use them as a news ticker.

As said in another thread while not Gospel by any stretch of the imagination, since BR was bought by CBS Sports and now contributed quite a bit by 247 it has gotten much better.

As said in another thread while not Gospel by any stretch of the imagination, since BR was bought by CBS Sports and now contributed quite a bit by 247 it has gotten much better.

Fair enough, but the article mentioned here is pretty poor

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2115088-the-opening-2014-predicting-where-all-uncommitted-recruits-will-land

Fair enough, but the article mentioned here is pretty poor

http://bleacherrepor...ruits-will-land

The next good article I read on Bleacher Report will be the first good article I read there. Probably won't happen, I quit reading them some time back. Better written and more informed posts are right here on AUF.

I feel good about Tez but we still have a ways to go. UF will be there no matter how good or bad of a season they have. Althought it will not hurt if it's really bad. CC has the full court press on Tez and he is listening.

I feel good about Tez but we still have a ways to go. UF will be there no matter how good or bad of a season they have. Althought it will not hurt if it's really bad. CC has the full court press on Tez and he is listening.

Golf, I agree, and thanks for changing the subject here.

Hadn't realized BR was bought by CBS, but makes sense. That would explain ALL the ads for it lately on tv. Was wondering how they all of a sudden pulled that kind of clout.

I agree with Dixie as far as the CB stuff goes. KN over at 247 does a great job of not just speculating, but making sure that he has a REASON behind why he skews one way or the other.

Hadn't realized BR was bought by CBS, but makes sense. That would explain ALL the ads for it lately on tv. Was wondering how they all of a sudden pulled that kind of clout.

I agree with Dixie as far as the CB stuff goes. KN over at 247 does a great job of not just speculating, but making sure that he has a REASON behind why he skews one way or the other.

BR's soccer commentary is still moronic, they just use bigger words now. But I disgress...

OL MVP!!!

The Opening ‏ @ TheOpening2014 41m

Congrats to @ TheOpening2014 OL MVP Martez Ivey ( @ tezivey)

Ivey is going to be a future 1st round pick. Esp. if he is coached by our Coach Grimes. IMO

Bleacher Report is owned by Turner.

Yup my mistake. Still Turner and CBS do a lot of stuff together which allows for 247 guys to contribute there quite a bit.

Archived