2015 5* OT Martez Ivey (Florida signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will outstanding to get the very best offensive lineman in this years class to go along with all our other really good OL recruits. If you have not had a chance to view Ivey at any of the HS events this summer, you need to watch him. He is really fast for his size and has great feet.

His team runs a lot so he has not honed his pass blocking like it will be needed to start in the SEC but he will have no problem doing this. He is unreal talented.

It will outstanding to get the very best offensive lineman in this years class to go along with all our other really good OL recruits. If you have not had a chance to view Ivey at any of the HS events this summer, you need to watch him. He is really fast for his size and has great feet.

His team runs a lot so he has not honed his pass blocking like it will be needed to start in the SEC but he will have no problem doing this. He is unreal talented.

That is an understatement but his has very good footwork. Pass protection will not be a problem imo

It has been posted in other sites that Cox and Ivey may be coming to AU again this weekend. JMO, but if they do, I think there is a decent chance Ivey commits. Social media has been on this today.

It has been posted in other sites that Cox and Ivey may be coming to AU again this weekend. JMO, but if they do, I think there is a decent chance Ivey commits. Social media has been on this today.

He is all AU, but i dont know if he is ready to commit yet.

I feel like Tez is too high caliber of a recruit to commit right now. Just a gut feeling.

We will take another Greg Robinson.

I feel like Tez is too high caliber of a recruit to commit right now. Just a gut feeling.

Many very highly rated recruits are committing very early these days. It something that has been gaining steam with recruits for a while now. 2 examples from the class of 2016 are Cleveland, the OL commit UGA just got, and our recent commit Nate Craig. These are 2 of the highest rated kids in the 2016 class. Ivey is in the 2015 class. This is not so early. I think he is like a real brother to CC our commit and I think he is completely sold on us. Don't be surprised if it happens sooner than you think.

With Chandler being committed and if he has decided, it could happen. It makes sense for many reasons. But only if he is sure. I imagine his going ahead would help both AU and UF plan the rest of their respective classes. If he is sure.

Did I say "only if he is sure"???

With Chandler being committed and if he has decided, it could happen. It makes sense for many reasons. But only if he is sure. I imagine his going ahead would help both AU and UF plan the rest of their respective classes. If he is sure.

I'm not sure..

No, you said 'if he is sure'. It makes a difference. Compare:

1. If he is sure, he should commit.
  2. He should commit only if he is sure.

1 says that being sure is a sufficient condition for him to commit. 2 says that being sure is a necessary condition for him to commit.

(Being in Auburn is a sufficient, but not a necessary, condition for being in Alabama. It would be true to say, in other words, 'If you're in Auburn, you're in Alabama'; but it would be false to say 'You're in Alabama only if you're in Auburn'.)

Personally, I think he should commit to and sign with Auburn whether he is sure or not.

War Eagle!

1 says that being sure is a sufficient condition for him to commit. 2 says that being sure is a necessary condition for him to commit.

(Being in Auburn is a sufficient, but not a necessary, condition for being in Alabama. It would be true to say, in other words, 'If you're in Auburn, you're in Alabama'; but it would be false to say 'You're in Alabama only if you're in Auburn'.)

Personally, I think he should commit to and sign with Auburn whether he is sure or not.

War Eagle!

What he said. :blink:

War Eagle!

Well, in that case; To whom will he be committing? Auburn University or The University of Auburn? The latter has had our # lately...

Will the George Brown commitment to Fla affect Mr. Ivey's decision. In other words has UF filled all their OLine spots on their Board? E?

I'll feel much better about Mr. Ivey when he finally takes that visit to Auburn with Chandler Cox. There were rumors that it was going to happen this weekend. Does anyone have an update?

I'll feel much better about Mr. Ivey when he finally takes that visit to Auburn with Chandler Cox. There were rumors that it was going to happen this weekend. Does anyone have an update?

I heard that ivey and cox are visiting tomorrow

IMO it is good for us that UF just took that 3 Star OL's commitment. Even more so because he is an OT. E or WDEWDE (or anybody else that may know), does UF appear to be done at OL with that take? I mean, I'm sure that they would never turn down a player of Ivey's caliber, but it would seem to me that they may be preparing for him to eventually choose not-Florida.

Will the George Brown commitment to Fla affect Mr. Ivey's decision. In other words has UF filled all their OLine spots on their Board? E?

Of course not. There is always a spot for a 5-star OT.

What I mean is that everyone thinks the Westry commitment must mean that we are not trending for Mr. Slayton. Does the same logic hold here?

What I mean is that everyone thinks the Westry commitment must mean that we are not trending for Mr. Slayton. Does the same logic hold here?

Not at all. According to some, Westry moved ahead of Slayton on our board after a very impressive camp. Ain't nobody moving ahead of Ivey on anybody's board. Whatever school Ivey wants on signing day will make a place for him.

Not at all. According to some, Westry moved ahead of Slayton on our board after a very impressive camp. Ain't nobody moving ahead of Ivey on anybody's board. Whatever school Ivey wants on signing day will make a place for him.

Exactly. He is that good. Ivey can go wherever he wants to, I bet that ends up being the good guys

Archived