2015 5* OT Martez Ivey (Florida signee)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what you are talking about.

Did he go to FL? I know Holland went today. I did not know Tez was going to FL today. Tz and CC were rumored to be headed to AU tomorrow.

Not sure what you are talking about.

Did he go to FL? I know Holland went today. I did not know Tez was going to FL today. Tz and CC were rumored to be headed to AU tomorrow.

He visited Florida today with Cox I believe but did not stay for their main recruiting event tonight.

Martez Ivey will be in Auburn for the next 4 days with Chandler Cox. Looking good for the good guys.

If we land a couple more 5 stars and one or two more 4 stars, we are almost a lock (before our first game), of having a top five class.

Of course, it is not all about landing stars, it is about filling needs.

With Ivey, our Offense is about as good as it gets, recruiting wise.

We need to fill out this class with some studs on the Defensive line. A couple of 4 star or better D Tackles and D ends would put us there and give us one of the best classes in AU history!

Don't forget, we have a proven corner transfer from Georgia (T. Matthews) and a proven O-Line guy from Ole Miss (A Golston) that will be playing with this class as well. If we could add them in, we would probably wind up at # 1 or # 2.

Great days ahead for the Auburn Tigers!!

Will the George Brown commitment to Fla affect Mr. Ivey's decision. In other words has UF filled all their OLine spots on their Board? E?

No affect and No.

I'll feel much better about Mr. Ivey when he finally takes that visit to Auburn with Chandler Cox. There were rumors that it was going to happen this weekend. Does anyone have an update?

They'll get here today or tomorrow.

What I mean is that everyone thinks the Westry commitment must mean that we are not trending for Mr. Slayton. Does the same logic hold here?

As WDE said in another thread, AU back off Slayton. Florida is not backing off Ivey for any reason.

Link

Five-star offensive tackle Martez Ivey of Apopka (Fla.) will arrive at Auburn on Saturday night and remain at the school until Tuesday.

He is making the trip with Tigers fullback Chandler Cox, his teammate and best friend.

Ivey, the No. 1 offensive tackle and No. 6 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite, visited Florida on Friday. Right now, it appears to be a dead heat between the Tigers and Gators.

Ivey's only previous visit to Auburn was back in February.

Monday is considered the biggest day of his Auburn visit, as he will spend all day with the staff.

Huge next couple of days with Ivey and Cox on campus. I hope we hear some good news.

Tweets, gentlemen! We need tweets!

Nothing from Tez and nothing post worthy by CC. He's just retweeting all th War Eagles and have a safe trip tweets he's getting.

Everything has been kept quite.........no tweets no emails. imo I believe its going very well but we shall see. When Tez does commit if it's UF or AU it will be final once again only my opinion

Here, wishing Chandler Cox a happy birthday:

http://instagram.com/p/rBXZ45S27A/

tezivey77

3 hours ago

Chandler Happy birthday!! It's hard to believe your 18 now and we are seniors!! I can remember when we all had we had classes together freshman year and talking about college and receiving that offer to play college football. Look at us now knowing we have a great opportunity to play football for another 4 years!! I'm so proud of the way you work and how much pride you show. I know your going to do great in auburn��. It's been great knowing and playing football with you these last 3years bro. I can't wait for our senior season�� I'm cherish every moment of it cause there's nothing like the bound we have built in high school. OH YA I just wanted to wish you happy birthday. Love you!

Not trying to overanalyze, but not sure what to make of that part in bold (or the emoticon). Maybe he's just careful with the wording since he hasn't announced yet. Or maybe he's just keeping it all about Chandler.

But, they're obviously best friends, so hopefully they play together for another 4 years.

Just thought I'd share, since there's not much else coming out.

Everything has been kept quite.........no tweets no emails. imo I believe its going very well but we shall see. When Tez does commit if it's UF or AU it will be final once again only my opinion

It's an opinion shared by the Apopka HC FWIW. He does not let his players continue the recruiting process or tak visits to schools besides the committed school after a player commits.

It's an opinion shared by the Apopka HC FWIW. He does not let his players continue the recruiting process or tak visits to schools besides the committed school after a player commits.

Yes Rick runs a pretty tight program

Archived