GOP has been hijacked by the "delusional wing of the party"

homersapien

The definition of extremist or delusional to liberals is anyone that believes in the founding of the country as it was intended by the founders. If you believe in traditional values such as marriage between one biological man and one biological woman, then you are an extremist. If you believe in 2nd amendment, you are an extremist. If you believe in restraint of government and putting it back within the constraints of the constitution, you are an extremist. If you believe in American exceptionalism and the basic goodness of America, you are an extremist. If you don't buy the global warming, you are an extremist. If you believe in securing Americas borders and stopping illegal immigration, you are an extremist. I could go on but you get the point.

If you don't think the US defaulting on its debt has negative consequences, you are an extremist. If you compare Americans exercising their First Amendment rights to murderous terrorists, you are an extremist.

Here we go.

I think defaulting on the US Debt AND driving US Debt evermore higher should both be highest priorities.

Why cant we address both issues?

Good question. Start with fewer wars, negotiation on drug prices and reasonable revenue enhancements.

Revenue enhancements? What is a revenue enhancement? The last time I checked; government doesn't produce revenue....revenue is the income derived from actual production of a good or service someone wants to pay for.

Your limited understanding of basic terms can be addressed if you apply yourself.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The definition of extremist or delusional to liberals is anyone that believes in the founding of the country as it was intended by the founders. If you believe in traditional values such as marriage between one biological man and one biological woman, then you are an extremist. If you believe in 2nd amendment, you are an extremist. If you believe in restraint of government and putting it back within the constraints of the constitution, you are an extremist. If you believe in American exceptionalism and the basic goodness of America, you are an extremist. If you don't buy the global warming, you are an extremist. If you believe in securing Americas borders and stopping illegal immigration, you are an extremist. I could go on but you get the point.

If you don't think the US defaulting on its debt has negative consequences, you are an extremist. If you compare Americans exercising their First Amendment rights to murderous terrorists, you are an extremist.

Here we go.

I think defaulting on the US Debt AND driving US Debt evermore higher should both be highest priorities.

Good question. Start with fewer wars, negotiation on drug prices and reasonable revenue enhancements.

Revenue enhancements? What is a revenue enhancement? The last time I checked; government doesn't produce revenue....revenue is the income derived from actual production of a good or service someone wants to pay for.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the left where nothing belongs to you. government owns it all "You didn't build that" "It takes a village" "Your children don't belong to you" and all of that jazz.

Here we go.

Your limited understanding of basic terms can be addressed if you apply yourself.

How about we actually reduce the size of the government, you know actually cut spending. Reduce the number of programs and the size of the federal bureaucracy. We're taking in over 3 trillion dollars a year in revenue. We have enough money coming into the government. The politicians just can't quit finding new ways to spend it all then add more to it.

Only homer could waste a thousand hours telling everyone that we should not be stereotyping ALL Muslims as terrorists but watch him turn around and in a nano-second be talking about how "Republicans" are humiliating Boehner.

TRUTH: A few in one of these crazy inept parties we have in America may be having a debate with their leadership. I KNOW I KNOW, Democrats do not like anyone not taking the PC Talking points as gospel. They want every single person in the world goose stepping right along with their craziness or else they will have to start calling them racists, Islamophobes, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. Rinse and Repeat, SSDD. As reliable as the sun coming up in the morning.

ACA? Accept it 100% or be smeared as whatever the PC talking points say that day.

KXLP? Accept their craziness 100% or be smeared as whatever the PC talking points say that day.

AGW? Accept it 100% or be smeared as whatever the PC talking points say that day.

WHATEVER THEY SAY? Accept it 100% or be smeared as whatever the PC talking points say that day.

And now you know the meme of the "accepting, open minded Left" from now until eternity.

Dont need to worry yo lil head checking anything out, just accept what your self appointed superiors blindly say and then you wont be shredded and smeared as hate mongerer, warmongerer, racist, homophobe, woman hating, Islamophobe, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Feel better after getting all that out?

Bottom line, the Tea Party wing of the GOP humiliated Boehner. That's simple fact. He is a majority "leader" who can't deliver his own party vote.

So divert and obfuscate all you want, it doesn't change the basis of this topic.

Well, it wasnt stated that some small part of the Republican Party is undermining Boehner, it was stated as "Republicans."

BTW, Harry Reid couldnt even deliver a budget for something like 4 straight years.

No, it was stated as the "delusional wing of the party". No one has implied that this isn't caused by the "tea party" contingent.

The US defaulting on its debt is a big ole fattened up straw man. It never would have happened regardless.

If simply refusing to be a party to egregious lawlessness and the willful disregard for the Constitution is considered extremist count me in. I hope they shut the whole damned thing down! This President has over reached his authority that will have terrible after effects on the republic. A President cannot simply refuse to not only not enforce the law but in so doing grant substantive rights to aliens thats going to cost states $100s of millions of dollars in education, healthcare and welfare without those states consent. Calling this president delusional would be generous at this point.

Not true. How did you get that idea?

For years, decades even, the left had everything their way. They controlled Congress and the republicans were of the Bob Michael type who once commented that when he looked in the mirror he saw a loser Bob Dole and others were the same. They didn't challenge the democrats. They went along with it and all was well. The old blue blood republicans were pro business but didn't want to touch social issues. Abortion opponents were and are scary bad people. They loved the party circuit in D.C. where everyone was all buddy buddy and all of that. The tea party and conservatives came along and upset the apple cart. They made a connection with the average American citizen that saw their country moving in a direction they didn't like. This could not and would not be tolerated. The long knives came out and people are branded as extremist for holding a traditional view of the country. They are branded as old fuddy duddy and out of touch with modern America. They want to take you back to the days of Jim Crowe and even slavery if you are a black man. If you are a woman they want you barefoot pregnant and in the kitchen. If you don't believe in abortion on demand and at any stage of pregnancy you hate women. They don't like people like Scott Walker who dare challenge their union stranglehold on the education system. They don't like people like Ted Cruz and Trey Gowdy who will challenge them and not back down. GOPers are supposed to be meek and mild and go along with whatever the liberals in both parties want and when they don't they are called extremists. Our founding fathers were considered extremists too. There wasn't universal support for independence from England. They stood up in the face of certain ridicule, loss of everything they owned and even death to bring this nation into existence. I will not sit idly by and watch it go down without a fight. I proudly wear the label of extremist.

You could have saved yourself a lot of writing by just cutting to the bottom line. ;D

A "wing" of the Republican Party is delusional?........I guess that means they are catching up with the Dem. Party which has been mostly delusional for a long time.

For years, decades even, the left had everything their way. They controlled Congress and the republicans were of the Bob Michael type who once commented that when he looked in the mirror he saw a loser Bob Dole and others were the same. They didn't challenge the democrats. They went along with it and all was well. The old blue blood republicans were pro business but didn't want to touch social issues. Abortion opponents were and are scary bad people. They loved the party circuit in D.C. where everyone was all buddy buddy and all of that. The tea party and conservatives came along and upset the apple cart. They made a connection with the average American citizen that saw their country moving in a direction they didn't like. This could not and would not be tolerated. The long knives came out and people are branded as extremist for holding a traditional view of the country. They are branded as old fuddy duddy and out of touch with modern America. They want to take you back to the days of Jim Crowe and even slavery if you are a black man. If you are a woman they want you barefoot pregnant and in the kitchen. If you don't believe in abortion on demand and at any stage of pregnancy you hate women. They don't like people like Scott Walker who dare challenge their union stranglehold on the education system. They don't like people like Ted Cruz and Trey Gowdy who will challenge them and not back down. GOPers are supposed to be meek and mild and go along with whatever the liberals in both parties want and when they don't they are called extremists. Our founding fathers were considered extremists too. There wasn't universal support for independence from England. They stood up in the face of certain ridicule, loss of everything they owned and even death to bring this nation into existence. I will not sit idly by and watch it go down without a fight. I proudly wear the label of extremist.

You could have saved yourself a lot of writing by just cutting to the bottom line. ;D/>

You could save all here a lot of time by not posting...:-)

A "wing" of the Republican Party is delusional?........I guess that means they are catching up with the Dem. Party which has been mostly delusional for a long time.

Amen. And getting more delusional every day...

:dunno:

Does "faction" work for you? How about just "part"?

And that particular terminology was a quote. From a Republican.

Tea Partiers do not equal Republicans, all Republicans do not equal Tea Partiers.

Tea Partiers do not equal Republicans, all Republicans do not equal Tea Partiers.

No more than all Democrats are sharptonians...

I sure hope so. In fact, I thought that was made clear by the article.

But going by local politics in my area you wouldn't think so.

We had a great Republican representative (Bob Inglis) who was conservative but was not deemed to be radical enough and got defeated in the primary.

I attended one of his town hall meetings to discuss the healthcare system and it was embarrassing. He tried to engage in a rational discussion and was castigated by the talk radio crowd for trying. This was before the ACA.

Can the Tea Party and the Republican Party exist under the same tent over the long term?

Hard to say. Seems to be different facets to the Tea Party.

For example, Peter King doesn't like Rand Paul or Justin Amash. I would say that Ron Paul's version of the Tea Party is different than how Michele Bachmann portrayed it to be.

Herman Cain is considered part of the Tea Party, but in 2012 primary debates, he said he supported Tarp Bailouts.

Heck, Scott Brown is/was considered Tea Party.

So I don't know. It's a big mess. No set principles when it comes to the Tea Party.

Can the Tea Party and the Republican Party exist under the same tent over the long term?

For example, Peter King doesn't like Rand Paul or Justin Amash. I would say that Ron Paul's version of the Tea Party is different than how Michele Bachmann portrayed it to be.

Herman Cain is considered part of the Tea Party, but in 2012 primary debates, he said he supported Tarp Bailouts.

So I don't know. It's a big mess. No set principles when it comes to the Tea Party.

Yep. Mostly generalized anger. At what seems to vary considerably.

Yep. Mostly generalized anger. At what seems to vary considerably.

Sounds like America.

In the early days, you would be correct. The Tea-o-cons of today, however, have been co-opted. It started in the runup to the 2010 midterms, when in a subtle manner, Republican and Tea Party electoral victories began to be referred to as one and the same. It came full circle when the majority of TP groups endorsed Mittens in 2012.

The principled Tea Party that was born of Ron Paul's 2008 Presidential campaign in Dec. 2007 is dead and gone.

I dont think so, but i hope they stay away from the Indie Crowd too.

We had a great Republican representative (Bob Inglis) who was conservative but was not deemed to be radical enough and got defeated in the primary.

I attended one of his town hall meetings to discuss the healthcare system and it was embarrassing. He tried to engage in a rational discussion and was castigated by the talk radio crowd for trying. This was before the ACA.

Your local politics dont equal politics all over the country. Sorry to have to keep correcting you on all this.

You know, if you could get to the point intellectually where you understand ONE of something doesnt equal ALL it would really unclog discussion here on the board, but you insist everyday in forcing stereotypes of every subset onto larger wholes. Its okay tho, the rest of us understand that it is just a crutch for you to get thru your day. :lol:

In the early days, you would be correct. The Tea-o-cons of today, however, have been co-opted. It started in the runup to the 2010 midterms, when in a subtle manner, Republican and Tea Party electoral victories began to be referred to as one and the same. It came full circle when the majority of TP groups endorsed Mittens in 2012.

The principled Tea Party that was born of Ron Paul's 2008 Presidential campaign in Dec. 2007 is dead and gone.

Wow, I need you to explain all that to so many in the US then. Because there is article after article now days explaining how the TPers and the Reps just cant get along on anything.

Your local politics dont equal politics all over the country. Sorry to have to keep correcting you on all this.

You know, if you could get to the point intellectually where you understand ONE of something doesnt equal ALL it would really unclog discussion here on the board, but you insist everyday in forcing stereotypes of every subset onto larger wholes. Its okay tho, the rest of us understand that it is just a crutch for you to get thru your day. :lol:

I understand that. It's obvious. That's why I said, "but going by local..... I was relating my experience in my area. I made no claim as to that being typical.

You are really stretching for things to criticize me. Heck, I even was agreeing with you on this post.

And the last paragraph was really petty of you. I must have hurt your feelings at some point.

Archived