2015 Spring Practice - Day 1

RunInRed

Check out #94 Devaroe Lawrence. Talk about somebody who has changed their body. Good grief he looks like the Hulk now.

I was wondering who he was. Whats his classification?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out #94 Devaroe Lawrence. Talk about somebody who has changed their body. Good grief he looks like the Hulk now.

He had three years to play three seasons when he came with the 2014 guys... I believe he is a junior?

He had three years to play three seasons when he came with the 2014 guys... I believe he is a junior?

Appreciate it, Clayton.

More video via Justin Hokanson's/247Sports YouTube page ...

Avery Young said he's excited to be back at tackle. Dropped a little weight so he can move better on the edge.

Young admitted it was weird being out there today and not having Reese Dismukes and Chad Slade along the line, was happy to see Kozan there

@AUBlog

Avery Young doesn’t credit last year’s struggling finish to fatigue

@JHokanson

Young on Alex Kozan: "It's been great to see him back out there, especially coming off the (back) surgery he had."

Avery Young on being back at right tackle: "I love it. ... It's great being back on the edge."

@wareagleextra

Jonathan Jones, team “not happy” with last season, feels like the team sold themselves short

@JHokanson

Corner Jonathan Jones meeting with reporters. His thoughts on Will Muschamp's first official practice? "He was definitely intense."

Jones said it was easy to tell Muschamp and DBs coach Travaris Robinson have worked together before. "They're on the same page."

@wareagleextra

Jeremy Johnson (6'5, 240) speaking with the media. His goals? Win the QB job, build chemistry, become the leader.
Johnson: my goal is to win the national championship
Johnson calls the last two years a “humbling” experience playing behind Nick Marshall

@JHokanson

Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson is physically similar to Cardale Jones. Huge.

@DanWolken

Jeremy Johnson says he's gained ~10 pounds and is up to 240

@JamesCrepea

"God has a plan for everyone and my plan was to sit out. Now is my time to win the starting job,"

@TheAUPlainsman

Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson says "the offense is going to be just fine."
Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson says he brought a lot of energy to Auburn's first spring practice "so my teammates could follow me."

@TheAUGoldMine

Jeremy Johnson: Jason Smith is one of Auburn's most athletic players. Smith both threw and caught passes during offseason.

@jzenor

Johnson said he's comfortable as a power runner, but is confident in his ability to run read option

@AUBlog

B_xkxDKWAAAyRtc.jpg
via @GregO_ESPN

Appreciate it, Clayton.

Anything for a friend man.

Hot damn JJ is massive! That boy didn't have a birthday. He had a birth week. J Robinson doesn't look "heavy at all" but like a bruiser Jacobs/R. Johnson type back. "Gooood, Gooood". (in Emperors voice)

Jeremy Johnson (6'5, 240) speaking with the media. His goals? Win the QB job, build chemistry, become the leader.

Johnson: my goal is to win the national championship

Johnson calls the last two years a “humbling” experience playing behind Nick Marshall

@JHokanson

Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson is physically similar to Cardale Jones. Huge.

@DanWolken

Jeremy Johnson says he's gained ~10 pounds and is up to 240

@JamesCrepea

"God has a plan for everyone and my plan was to sit out. Now is my time to win the starting job,"

@TheAUPlainsman

Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson says "the offense is going to be just fine."

Auburn quarterback Jeremy Johnson says he brought a lot of energy to Auburn's first spring practice "so my teammates could follow me."

@TheAUGoldMine

Jeremy Johnson: Jason Smith is one of Auburn's most athletic players. Smith both threw and caught passes during offseason.

@jzenor

Johnson said he's comfortable as a power runner, but is confident in his ability to run read option

@AUBlog

B_xkxDKWAAAyRtc.jpg

via @GregO_ESPN

Either he is fudging on how much weight he put on or he is wearing a cold pack on that right shoulder.

Secondary should be pretty good now that tray Matthews is playing safety. That position was less than average the past couple of years. Glad to finally feel a little confident with that position, and holsey playing corner should be an upgrade as well. But muschamp is the major upgrade of coarse

I like the prospect of Tray Matthews and Rudy Ford as the back of our defense. Matthews has serious potential but is only a sophomore after taking a year off, so he's not particularly experienced and we can probably expect to see some young mistakes out of him along with him knocking some rust off early in the year. Ford has undeniable closing speed and I think will flourish under Muschamp. I also think Mincy not being there to hang the safeties out to dry is going be a huge upgrade, no matter who takes his place whether is Holsey or someone else.

Matthews received plenty of playing time at uga and had a redshirt year to watch, I wouldn't give him the experience excuse

Archived