Scott Walker, forever tarnished: Republican governors have tanked the GOP brand

Auctoritas

I know you guys have a life but, this is overdue by more than a year. Thank you.

:yes:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading the Salon article reveals a narrowly targeted attack on Republican governors without mentioning the problems in the blue states. The charts do not summarize but only give raw data of jobs created by month. Wikipedia gives Obama 0.25% for his first term and 2.14% for his second term. so I don't know where 8.21% cited by Salon was sourced. http://en.wikipedia....sidential_terms

Salon is a rabidly anti-Republican online magazine and very often erroneous. Any article by Salon must be judged accordingly.

The Obama economic and energy policies most definitely put us in the slowest recovery in this nation's history. The unemployment rate for March 2015 was 5.5% http://www.tradingec...employment-rate and the under employment rate was 15.5% http://www.statista....mployment-rate/. The U6 or those not seeking work was 10.9% http://www.macrotren...employment-rate

Finally, I don't understand why the open borders crowd thinks that unlimited immigration of uneducated and low skilled workers is going to help our unemployment problem.

Reading the Salon article reveals a narrowly targeted attack on Republican governors without mentioning the problems in the blue states. The charts do not summarize but only give raw data of jobs created by month. Wikipedia gives Obama 0.25% for his first term and 2.14% for his second term. so I don't know where 8.21% cited by Salon was sourced. http://en.wikipedia....sidential_terms

Salon is a rabidly anti-Republican online magazine and very often erroneous. Any article by Salon must be judged accordingly.

The Obama economic and energy policies most definitely put us in the slowest recovery in this nation's history. The unemployment rate for March 2015 was 5.5% http://www.tradingec...employment-rate and the under employment rate was 15.5% http://www.statista....mployment-rate/. The U6 or those not seeking work was 10.9% http://www.macrotren...employment-rate

Finally, I don't understand why the open borders crowd thinks that unlimited immigration of uneducated and low skilled workers is going to help our unemployment problem.

But how do you feel about snippy one-liners?

You spend way too much time straining at gnats looking for any perceived instance of possible "unfair" treatment. Unclench.

The moderating in this forum is in flux. I'm far less concerned about coming up with some comprehensive tic sheet to follow than I am steering things toward conversation rather than empty cliches and mindlessly attacking people and "impure" sources. I'm wanting to see discussing the topic like thinking people rather than wasting everyone's time with knee jerk nonsense.

That's a good way of putting it.

I think it's important to focus responses on the post being addressed instead of the poster, which I think addresses your point. The idea is to have a dialog. (But I don't mind the occasional flame war if it's witty.)

Titan - you cherry picked. It's a rambling mash up of everything they said, but it's out of context, confusing & not indicative of the matter being discussed.

The facts as you claim did NOT blow anything to hell.

No he did not. He said he used every post from both posters.

And to Titan's point, there was clearly a difference between the two. It was quite revealing, although less surprising.

Come on Ben.....you are usually a fair minded guy and we disagree civily, most of the time. Are you suggesting that name calling and slinging insults is done by only one or two people?

If nothing else comes out of this thread maybe it will cause everyone to pause and reflect on the words they are about to say about another poster.

I do not think that is the point. I believe the point is raising the level of discussion.

:punk::clap::bow:

But how do you feel about snippy one-liners?

snippy one-liners seem to produce more reaction.

Titan - you cherry picked. It's a rambling mash up of everything they said, but it's out of context, confusing & not indicative of the matter being discussed.

And to Titan's point, there was clearly a difference between the two. It was quite revealing, although less surprising.

Taking them out of context, just as a whole batch, doesn't prove his point. Unless he's gonna do a real audit of every post they made for a week, or a month, and then take the % of 'quips, one liners and photo shopped ' replies as compared to serious ones, the most he's doing is taking up space on a message board w/ a ginormous cut / paste job.

Taking them out of context, just as a whole batch, doesn't prove his point. Unless he's gonna do a real audit of every post they made for a week, or a month, and then take the % of 'quips, one liners and photo shopped ' replies as compared to serious ones, the most he's doing is taking up space on a message board w/ a ginormous cut / paste job.

^^^^Avoiding the truth slapping him in the mouth.

Believe me dude, I read the context. You're getting the full picture from what I posted. It would have been impossible to post the context but it's plain to see what percentage of each person's replies were snarky one line responses vs serious ones. The only way you can't see that is if you willfully refuse to. Given who I'm talking to, that doesn't surprise me a bit.

What you say may be true in the one thread but if you had the time and looked at a bigger sample of threads and content I think you might not have pointed at one poster.

What you say may be true in the one thread but if you had the time and looked at a bigger sample of threads and content I think you might not have pointed at one poster.

I looked at two posters and I looked at dozens and dozens of threads they both posted in. I posted their responses from about the last week and read back weeks further than that. I chose those two because when I pointed out something that was true about the first, someone accused me of overlooking the same behavior from a second. So I looked both at the one I called out and the one he suggested I look at. There was no comparison. And if there was any candidate to compare to Tim, it would have been ICHY with his mockery of the "libtards is dum" crowd. No one else does anything like that and it was still was a laughable comparison.

Doesn't matter. He took them both out of context and it was a large sample.

It's not a qualitative study of individual posts, its a quantitative study of tendencies.

Titan....glad to see you at least pointed out ICHY. His continued childish posts were one reason I have him on ignore and I don't see his posts anymore.

Titan....glad to see you at least pointed out ICHY. His continued childish posts were one reason I have him on ignore and I don't see his posts anymore.

I may have pointed him out, but for the sake of consistency I'd think Tim's posts would upset you even more.

Best post ever! At least a dozen subtle ironies.

I may have pointed him out, but for the sake of consistency I'd think Tim's posts would upset you even more.

Tim doesn't upset me one bit because you know exactly where he stands unlike many in here who set themselves up to be one thing but everything theypost screams otherwise. Unapologetic duplicity is what bugs me.

Tim doesn't upset me one bit because you know exactly where he stands...

Absolutely. He wants to kill all Muslims...

Best post ever! At least a dozen subtle ironies.

Yeah. You accurately satirize a ridiculous post made in all sincerity, and you're the one being childish. :rolleyes:

Tim doesn't upset me one bit because you know exactly where he stands unlike many in here who set themselves up to be one thing but everything theypost screams otherwise. Unapologetic duplicity is what bugs me.

Well I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to someone who was expressing frustration over so-called "childish posts", thus I pointed out that if that's a big deal to you, then ICHY is not the one he should be ignoring first.

AUUSN......re. your assertion in post #67 above can you provide a link(s) to back up your assertion that Tim said that he wants to kill all Muslims?

AUUSN......re. your assertion in post #67 above can you provide a link(s) to back up your assertion that Tim said that he wants to kill all Muslims?

Why don't you cease worrying so much about others and begin to focus on yourself.

" My idea of "Picture of the Year" is a mushroom cloud over Tehran. Only something like that will get the Muslim's attention." - The one, the only, our PT.

I think you have enough of your own hate, anger, hypocrisy issues.

So, ALL Muslims do live in Tehran ?

Wow. Learn something new every day.

AUUSN, you need to back this up or delete it.

AUUSN, you need to back this up or delete it.

I'm sure he has deleted his comment. Ben can attest that he wrote it. He was asked to clarify his comment and he doubled down.

Archived