Scott Walker, forever tarnished: Republican governors have tanked the GOP brand

Auctoritas

Titan.......haven't you met Tim in person? Do you really think he meant kill all Muslims literally? And if you don't know him at all you surely recognize from his other posts here over a long time that he is a Christian and surely wouldn't mean that literally. Just seems to me he made the statement in anger......maybe because of all the atrocities radical Muslims are committing against Christians.

And AUUSN and Ben.......can you honestly say you believe Tim meant that LITERALLY?

I don't believe I have met him in person. And if I were betting my house on it, I'd lean toward him NOT meaning it literally. I don't think 99% of people would literally want to see that happen.

But he said it. Then when challenged on it for clarification last fall, he doubled down. So he's either joking, reckless, was misinterpreted, or something much worse. I'd think by now instead of tap dancing around the issue, he'd just say flat out what he believes on the matter and end this discussion. So far he's chosen not to. I'm not going to protect people from their own words if they won't lift a finger to explain themselves.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titan.......haven't you met Tim in person? Do you really think he meant kill all Muslims literally? And if you don't know him at all you surely recognize from his other posts here over a long time that he is a Christian and surely wouldn't mean that literally. Just seems to me he made the statement in anger......maybe because of all the atrocities radical Muslims are committing against Christians.

And AUUSN and Ben.......can you honestly say you believe Tim meant that LITERALLY?

I don't believe I have met him in person. And if I were betting my house on it, I'd lean toward him NOT meaning it literally. I don't think 99% of people would literally want to see that happen.

But he said it. Then when challenged on it for clarification last fall, he doubled down. So he's either joking, reckless, was misinterpreted, or something much worse. I'd think by now instead of tap dancing around the issue, he'd just say flat out what he believes on the matter and end this discussion. So far he's chosen not to. I'm not going to protect people from their own words if they won't lift a finger to explain themselves.

Did you not see my post above???

Did you not see my post above???

I'm sure he did, and I'm sure he is just as aware as the rest of us that you are tap dancing around having to explain yourself. Get on with it.

PT, since You have joined the fray, I WILL explain ONCE.(And let all the lib attackers chime in with "That's not what you said"...)........

Example : Did we ask the non-Nazi Germans to raise there hands BEFORE we dropped bombs? Did we attempt to identify non-imperialist Japanese ?

When at WAR you KILL all enemies and destroy their "stuff" until they surrender or they are all gone. The US IS @ WAR. (even if some do not want to admit that fact).....War is TERRIBLE but sadly required at times.That's it.....Let the attacks begin............................

Get your hands off of the goalposts and explain this statement:

They are all part of the same murderous CULT. We can ignore them and perish or recognize the obvious and kill them ALL before they can do as they believe and kill US. It is that simple.

I hate to say I told you so PT.... : - )

PT, since You have joined the fray, I WILL explain ONCE.(And let all the lib attackers chime in with "That's not what you said"...)........

Example : Did we ask the non-Nazi Germans to raise there hands BEFORE we dropped bombs? Did we attempt to identify non-imperialist Japanese ?

When at WAR you KILL all enemies and destroy their "stuff" until they surrender or they are all gone. The US IS @ WAR. (even if some do not want to admit that fact).....War is TERRIBLE but sadly required at times.That's it.....Let the attacks begin............................

They are all part of the same murderous CULT. We can ignore them and perish or recognize the obvious and kill them ALL before they can do as they believe and kill US. It is that simple.

How did one so bereft of honesty and integrity end up in a position of power here. Embarrassing.

How did one so bereft of honesty and integrity end up in a position of power here. Embarrassing.

In the military we say silence is consent. He meant it when he wrote it. He meant it when he wrote it again. The next step should be to remove him as a moderator.

Sad-pathetic. Liberal argument is ALWAYS attempt to silence............Yet typical.

Titan, now you can see what I mean........It just doesn't matter. Certainly not to me. (Heck, one moron wants to ban me retroactively)..... :jossun:

That there is what I says ever time I here about any thing about barry done.

In the military we say silence is consent. He meant it when he wrote it. He meant it when he wrote it again. The next step should be to remove him as a moderator.

We both know that won't be happening.

Titan, now you can see what I mean........It just doesn't matter. Certainly not to me. :jossun:

Actually, that's not what is happening. You are choosing to not directly deal with what you said before.

Your response was this...

This doesn't appear to be what you said before, hence my comment about tap-dancing.

I don't believe it's a doctrine of just war that permits indiscriminate bombing of civilians.

But aside from that, we aren't at war with a country. We're at war with an amorphous association of individuals that span countries and mingle amongst the populations of countries that don't even want them.

So, is your contention that we should just start indiscriminately bombing huge swaths of the Middle East as long as we believe there to be mostly or only Muslims there (some of whom belong to ISIS)?

The really simple question that should put this to bed is this: Do you or do you not advocate bombing/killing all Muslims because of Islamic terrorism associations?

Sad-pathetic. Liberal argument is ALWAYS attempt to silence............Yet typical.

You meant every word you wrote and I'm going to hang those words around your neck every chance I get.

No. you will not. ....Dismissed. :jossun:

I stringently object. He has every right to his opinions regardless of how radical they may be to some. It is only opinion that his posts are childish, or offensive, or a poor reflection on the site or, Auburn. It is obvious that his opinions do not reflect the official position of this site or Auburn University. However, and more importantly, it is far less obvious that they do not speak for southern, Republicans as a whole and, what the "conservative" movement has done to the party.

I stringently object. He has every right to his opinions regardless of how radical they may be to some. It is only opinion that his posts are childish, or offensive, or a poor reflection on the site or, Auburn. It is obvious that his opinions do not reflect the official position of this site or Auburn University. However, and more importantly, it is far less obvious that they do not speak for southern, Republicans as a whole and, what the "conservative" movement has done to the party.

With him having "MOD" under his name, how obvious is it to a new member or passerby?

I'll never understand the offense at the word "dude." :dunno:

It's artificial. It's like calling someone a homey. There's nothing offensive about it.

He's just trying to justify using a racist term to Cole.

WHY are you bringing all this up AGAIN? Is the sewing circle that slow?

You are absolutely correct.

Nobody is attempting to silence him.

Titan.....are you going to ask AUUSN to back up his assertion that Tim is not an Auburn person. In this forum of all places I think that is an offensive accusation.

It was a logical deduction. He cited the part of the Auburn Creed that Timmy disrespects. He's correct.

Being a regular Joe poster is one thing. Being a moderator is another. If he doesn't want to clarify his comments, he should be removed as a moderator. No one is advocating him being banned. Once removed as a moderator, we can put him on ignore.

WHY are you bringing all this up AGAIN? Is the sewing circle that slow?

Why don't you just respond directly? This has dragged on because you won't simply say one of these three things:

1. I stand by everything I said and the exact words I used to say it.

2. I did not mean what I said literally, _________________ is what I meant by those words and I apologize for the poor wording.

3. I fully repudiate what I said before. It was said in the heat of the moment and I realize now it was way too big of a blanket statement. __________________ is what I believe on the subject instead.

With him having "MOD" under his name, how obvious is it to a new member or passerby?

No disrespect intended but, I do not believe that is your concern. Only the judgement of the owner(s) of the site matters.

I ALREADY made a posted reply that anyone should be able to understand.

Archived