Scott Walker, forever tarnished: Republican governors have tanked the GOP brand

Auctoritas

Good, fair point. Still, it is not my decision. As much as I disagree with WT and, almost everything he appears to stand for, I do not feel compelled enough to attempt to impose my will. I feel that, in time, more will be achieved by not hindering his expressions of fear, prejudice, anger, hatred, hypocrisy.

I'm not hindering his drivel. I'm not silencing him. I'm not attempting to silence him. Where you got the idea that I am doing so is very odd to me.

Do I prefer he be removed as a mod? No doubt. Not going to happen anyway. Would I like to be able to put him on my ignore list? Damn skippy. Would either of those be hindering his ability to express his drivel? Not. At. All.

Statements similar to, killem all, provoke thought. Sometimes, that is the only way to provoke thought among the closed minded. Sometimes, the extreme lunacy serves to magnify or reveal how absurd we are.

He does us a great service in that regard.

Don't misunderstand though. I think that it should be called out for what it is.

Good.

That is the part I disagree with. He is representative of more than a few on this site and, who wear Auburn colors.

This is where I typically fall out of line with liberals (and conservative too). Effectively changing attitudes is slow and painful. It will take more reason and even, some ridicule. I do not think it happens any other way. You just can not regulate, legislate, mandate, intimidate people into being "better" people. Violence maybe but, patience is a better alternative.

He is a joke and, it is so obvious that, he isn't hurting. He is actually helping. Respect his right to expose himself, and the rest of us along with him, in full view of the public.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the part I disagree with. He is representative of more than a few on this site and, who wear Auburn colors.

Given that Stoic-One has made one of his rare appearances down here to ask Tim to explain himself, I would venture a guess that the managements' opinion reflects my own. I think you lend too much credence to the idea that killing all of the Muslims is a widesread belief down here.

This is where I typically fall out of line with liberals (and conservative too). Effectively changing attitudes is slow and painful. It will take more reason and even, some ridicule. I do not think it happens any other way. You just can not regulate, legislate, mandate, intimidate people into being "better" people. Violence maybe but, patience is a better alternative.

He is a joke and, it is so obvious that, he isn't hurting. He is actually helping. Respect his right to expose himself, and the rest of us along with him, in full view of the public.

And preferring that he no longer be allowed the privelege of moderating the forum is not doing that...how, exactly?

My opinion is that he can spew all of the islamophobic vitriol he wishes. He'll just have to do it among us regular schlubs.

Sto....This was a DEAD issue from MONTHS ago dredged up TODAY (By those hoping to banish me). I HAVE answered as clearly as can be done. Period

Titan, now you can see what I mean........It just doesn't matter. Certainly not to me. :jossun:

Actually, that's not what is happening. You are choosing to not directly deal with what you said before.

Your response was this...

Example : Did we ask the non-Nazi Germans to raise there hands BEFORE we dropped bombs? Did we attempt to identify non-imperialist Japanese ?

When at WAR you KILL all enemies and destroy their "stuff" until they surrender or they are all gone. The US IS @ WAR. (even if some do not want to admit that fact).....War is TERRIBLE but sadly required at times.That's it.....Let the attacks begin............................

This doesn't appear to be what you said before, hence my comment about tap-dancing.

I don't believe it's a doctrine of just war that permits indiscriminate bombing of civilians.

But aside from that, we aren't at war with a country. We're at war with an amorphous association of individuals that span countries and mingle amongst the populations of countries that don't even want them.

So, is your contention that we should just start indiscriminately bombing huge swaths of the Middle East as long as we believe there to be mostly or only Muslims there (some of whom belong to ISIS)?

The really simple question that should put this to bed is this: Do you or do you not advocate bombing/killing all Muslims because of Islamic terrorism associations?

this is the best question i have read on this thread. it may be too much to consider or maybe he never thought about who we were actually at war with. but it would be fairly easy to answer otherwise.

I ALREADY made a posted reply that anyone should be able to understand.

And I pointed out the shortcomings of that response and have given you clearer options to choose from. Why you continue dragging this out when it's rather easy to be unequivocal in your response instead is a mystery to me.

Explain WHY this was dug up AGAIN...

Change the settings so I can ignore his dumb a$$ comments and I'm good with whomever Site Admins deem worthy of being a Mod.

Btw. What does this have to do with Scott Walker?

And I pointed out the shortcomings of that response and have given you clearer options to choose from. Why you continue dragging this out when it's rather easy to be unequivocal in your response instead is a mystery to me.

AUUSN......re. your assertion in post #67 above can you provide a link(s) to back up your assertion that Tim said that he wants to kill all Muslims?

We're done here unless y'all want to argue in circles.

Nope....unless I missed it AUUSN still hasn't backed up his assertion that I don't like Marines. You guys have been on Tim's butt all day and seem to have let this fall thru the crack

Nope....unless I missed it AUUSN still hasn't backed up his assertion that I don't like Marines. You guys have been on Tim's butt all day and seem to have let this fall thru the crack

Do you have a specific example? Gimme a minute, I'll see if I can dig up more.

Finally.

PT, since You have joined the fray, I WILL explain ONCE.(And let all the lib attackers chime in with "That's not what you said"...)........

Example : Did we ask the non-Nazi Germans to raise there hands BEFORE we dropped bombs? Did we attempt to identify non-imperialist Japanese ?

When at WAR you KILL all enemies and destroy their "stuff" until they surrender or they are all gone. The US IS @ WAR. (even if some do not want to admit that fact).....War is TERRIBLE but sadly required at times.That's it.....Let the attacks begin............................

Get your hands off of the goalposts and explain this statement:

They are all part of the same murderous CULT. We can ignore them and perish or recognize the obvious and kill them ALL before they can do as they believe and kill US. It is that simple.

I hate to say I told you so PT.... : - )

How did one so bereft of honesty and integrity end up in a position of power here. Embarrassing.

In the military we say silence is consent. He meant it when he wrote it. He meant it when he wrote it again. The next step should be to remove him as a moderator.

I stringently object. He has every right to his opinions regardless of how radical they may be to some. It is only opinion that his posts are childish, or offensive, or a poor reflection on the site or, Auburn. It is obvious that his opinions do not reflect the official position of this site or Auburn University. However, and more importantly, it is far less obvious that they do not speak for southern, Republicans as a whole and, what the "conservative" movement has done to the party.

With him having "MOD" under his name, how obvious is it to a new member or passerby?

No disrespect intended but, I do not believe that is your concern. Only the judgement of the owner(s) of the site matters.

If you care about his site - much less Auburn - then it should be your concern.

I once read that the best forums are "self-moderating", which I thought was profound. This thread is a good example of what it means. The standards of a forum are ultimately in the hands of the users.

As far a taking a person literally, if honesty is completely off the table, then what's the point?

Do we really want this forum to be a fictional game to simply express one's emotions? What's the purpose of discussing politics if no one brings honesty and conviction in their statements?

I believe that it is obvious he does not speak for the site or, Auburn University. However, that is merely my opinion.

No one is suggesting they "speak for this site" but anyone who posts here reflects on the forum by definition.

I can only hope people don't associate Auburn University with some of the more outrageous and hateful posters, but they are posting on AU family, so that association will naturally be made.

"OK boys and girls that's enough for today. It is time for recess. Let's get in our circle. Olivia's mom brought us milk and cookies."

Finally.

I was really hoping this would be a learning experience for you most of all.

Hope the admins explained to you what I can not.

Finally.

I do not need your assistance at all.

Finally.

Clearly :rolleyes:

Finally.

Clearly :rolleyes:/>

More than clear. Absolute...

Just so I'm clear on this then, exactly what is your position on the killing of Muslims in order to get ISIS? Indiscriminate bombing where we don't really care if innocent Muslims are there if we know ISIS militants are mingled in the population? "War is hell" and and all that?

AUUSN and Proud Tiger were going back and forth about something and PT made a comment that triggered AUUSN mentioning it again. PT challenged him to produce a link or something that showed you making the statement and it snowballed from there.

But it doesn't really matter how or why it came up again.

Timely. :bow:

Love hearing Billy on that Hammond. Horns singin' too.

Made me put down the milk and cookies and pick up an Ezekiel's Wheel Pale Ale. :cheers:

e94sv.jpg

AUUSN.....you are great with cartoons but you dodge my assertion to you. You and Ben have been on a day long kick for Tim to clarify stuff but......like you call Tim.....you are a coward who cant admit you re guilty. And the master retriever Ben doesn't seem to want to help in this case.

Weegle777.....you nailed it. Thank you.

Archived