Stephen A Smith calls Tom Brady racist for not attending White House trip

cooltigger21

Patriots QB Tom Brady did not attend the White House trip to celebrate the Super Bowl victory. His parents were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary that day. For Smith this was unacceptable behavior. Conveniently Smith didn't mention that two black players, Vince Wilfolk and Brandon Browner also were not in attendance. Smiths rants get old quick. http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/24/espns-stephen-a-smith-tom-brady-is-racist-for-not-going-to-meet-obama-doesnt-comment-on-black-players-who-also-didnt-go/

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's funny because Smith catches alot of criticism for being a sell out. He usually comes on t.v.and takes the same position as you, from the police stuff to the political stuff and he didn't say what you wanted to hear on this particular situation so it's his rants get old quick...Well what about when he mostly agrees with you, were the rants getting old then to?

Cole - the issue here is Brady putting his parents 50th annv over a trip to the WH.

Now where is the " racism" ?

Additional reports indicated that Brady may have been on the west coast to celebrate his parent's 50th wedding anniversary, but Brady's parents were married on April 19, 1969, making this the 46th anniversary

I don't think it's racism, I think it's politically motivated though.

Also let's be real, let's not try to act like we don't see a difference between browner, wilfolk, and Tom freaking Brady

But once again if Brady was racist somebody on his teams would notice. I don't think so, but I think he should have been there and it was stupid for him not to go if for nothing else because of the leadership a qb must have.

I don't see the problem. Looks like the guy didn't want to meet the president. So what? He's just another guy, we don't all get along. Plus, if my wife was as hot as his, I'd probably miss a few obligations myself.

As for Stephen A's comments and the reaction- yeah, its amazing how quickly one can go from viral conservative hero of the world to a race baiter in the vein of Jesse and Al with one differing- albeit uninformed- opinion. I've seen more examples than this one.

I don't see the problem. Looks like the guy didn't want to meet the president. So what? He's just another guy, we don't all get along. Plus, if my wife was as hot as his, I'd probably miss a few obligations myself.

As for Stephen A's comments and the reaction- yeah, its amazing how quickly one can go from viral conservative hero of the world to a race baiter in the vein of Jesse and Al with one differing- albeit uninformed- opinion. I've seen more examples than this one.

Problem here is, there's nothing to suggest , what so ever, that Brady is a 'racist', merely for missing the visit. Not liking this President isn't grounds for being called a racist. But that's the basis for which SA Smith is laying his claim. In contrast to other issues, Smith can and does make valid arguments. But not here.

Problem here is, there's nothing to suggest , what so ever, that Brady is a 'racist', merely for missing the visit. Not liking this President isn't grounds for being called a racist. But that's the basis for which SA Smith is laying his claim. In contrast to other issues, Smith can and does make valid arguments. But not here.

Not liking Obama makes you a racist. We answered that his first election :)

I hate the patriots, don't like tom brady.... I hope he is a racist, I hope tons of proof is brought up, I hope they take his SB trophy, and they then disband the team in punishment.

WASHINGTON — This was not Tim Thomas 2.0.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and team president Jonathan Kraft were not in attendance yesterday for the Super Bowl champions’ trip to the White House.

Don’t read into their absences.

Brady had a family obligation, and Kraft was recovering from surgery. It was stressed there weren’t any political agendas at play, which was the case in 2011 when Thomas, the Bruins goalie, sparked his own controversy when he refused to attend the visit.

The Patriots invited all outgoing free agents to the ceremony, and cornerback Darrelle Revis, running backsStevan Ridley and Shane Vereen and linebacker Jonathan Casillas were on hand. Defensive linemanVince Wilfork skipped the trip, and cornerback Brandon Browner intended to go but had a last-minute interruption.

Offensive lineman Dan Connolly and long snapper Danny Aiken, who are still free agents, were also in attendance.

“Those guys, when you become a part of a team, you build a brotherhood and a bond and a friendship,” defensive end Chandler Jones said. “Seeing those guys again, seeing Darrelle Revis, seeing Stevan Ridley, seeing Shane Vereen, that was great to see those guys again. We took a few pictures, and it was a great moment to remember.”

At the conclusion of the ceremony, owner Robert Kraft presented the president with a white Patriots jersey with an “Obama 44” on the back, a helmet signed by the entire team and a game ball.

http://www.bostonher...s_absence_not_a

So, why are we talking about this ?

Well ct made a thread about it....I think like he usually does a black guy spoke about race so ct probably made him AL Sharpton....then when you actually look at the story of anniversary it's not true and then it changes to family obligations....But it's his prerogative if he doesn't want to engage with this particular president I guess. I know how locker rooms can be though, might not be the best move he could have made. Also we know a qb is held in a higher standard...

But yeah people will talk, if cam win a championship with a different president and decided not to show up best believe he'd get killed in media. Probably by some here who say they don't see a problem in this case as well...

I just get tired of political differences or any other difference being labeled racist. I know why it's done. It's done to get people to back down and shut up because they don't want to be labeled racist. People say don't discriminate on race and we should not. These same butthurt fools will use race to shut off opposition.

Unless there's audio of Brady actually saying " 50th wedding anniv. " or there abouts, I'll question the accuracy of any such details. Sometimes "details" simply get made up out of thin air to fill space. 2 other players missed the visit, but i guess because they're black, nothing can be said about them.

Unless there's audio of Brady actually saying " 50th wedding anniv. " or there abouts, I'll question the accuracy of any such details. Sometimes "details" simply get made up out of thin air to fill space. 2 other players missed the visit, but i guess because they're black, nothing can be said about them.

That little fact was conveniently not mentioned by Stephen A.

And ct started the thread because SA Smith made a mountain out of absolutely nothing.

Right, he was wrong I agree. Hell you say something wrong every single day on here but do you question your integrity? This guy pretty much share every political belief you do but you said you're tired of his rants....sounds like you really haven't listened to him actually.

And there can actually be times where people think something is racist but they were wrong....same as something is done that is racist and some automatically claim it wasn't...so should I say I know why that is done because they want people of color to be slaves....

As far as politics go, there are two or three of you that let political differences get personal and place labels

Actually it's probably more so to do with being the franchise player of the team and face of the nfl but you see how people can question things and leave out others?

And your source conveniently added a made up 50th anniversary. When debating things that's what people usually do, add in and leave out

And your source conveniently added a made up 50th anniversary. When debating things that's what people usually do, add in and leave out

It was reported that was the case. That's why I put it in there Take your poor me victim act somewhere else.

I saw that jerk call Tom a racist for not attending White House trip. I guess SA's would want Brady to also kiss Obama's Ring.

Seriously, does ANYONE care what Stephen A thinks or says? SA is just an opionated windbag with a big platform from which too opine.I dont know why Brady didn't attend but more importantly, I dont care. Its his call.

Wonder what S A M would have said if the QB was black and a no show while the president was white. Maybe SA is really pissed because Tom didn't let him know he wouldn't be able to make the D.C. trip.

It was reported that was the case. That's why I put it in there Take your poor me victim act somewhere else.

Lol. Where do you see a poor me at? Do you even have original ideas or just spit out stereotypes?

Archived