Elijah Daniel arrested; dismissed from team

alexava

It is hard on these young men to deal with so much especially coming from some of their backgrounds. They are asked to shoulder a dramatic amount. Work hard over 12 hours per day for no paycheck. They get a free education some would argue. You can get the same education for "$6 and late fines at the local library". Albeit without the diploma. You only need a diploma if you are planning to work for someone else or if it is a requirement of your chosen profession. If universities are going to ask players to work like this then the universites need to find a way compensate them so they don't need to break the law to take a girl on a date. Take a look at the amount of money these kids will get if they sell the stolen items, it isn't much. Lunch money for many that are on this board.

Two guys vying fo a girl's attention. One is a scholarship athlete and the other works while going to school on an academic scholarship. Which can better afford to spend money while out with his date?

What??? I was, by no means, wealthy when I came to Auburn. It never ONCE occurred to me to steal to get money. Not having money is not a reason to steal..it's a reason to appreciate opportunities and work hard to get ahead. Read Auburn's motto.

Oh, and the person who thinks Pell Grants can pay for college, that's BS too. It is not enough to pay for school, it just helps. It all comes down to what you decide to do, what you decide to be, what your character is.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep hoping for one offseason with no off field incidents. There's always next year, I suppose.

At least we're way behind in the Fulmer Cup. Or ahead? Not sure how that works.

I keep hoping for one offseason with no off field incidents. There's always next year, I suppose.

I think that if one player accounts for all of your points, you aren't eligible to win the cup.

It is there and people love to bring it up so here ya go. :dead:

3 felonies at 3 points per

5 misdemeanors at 1 point per

You can bet some bonus points because it is Auburn (mainly SEC but being Auburn does not help in this silly cup thing).

:bs:

That would give us a total of 15 to 17 points. :shoot:

You can bet your paycheck we will be at #1 in the standings and it will be plastered all over social media and the internet as soon as the turds get a title loan to get their internet back on.

It is hard on these young men to deal with so much especially coming from some of their backgrounds. They are asked to shoulder a dramatic amount. Work hard over 12 hours per day for no paycheck. They get a free education some would argue. You can get the same education for "$6 and late fines at the local library". Albeit without the diploma. You only need a diploma if you are planning to work for someone else or if it is a requirement of your chosen profession. If universities are going to ask players to work like this then the universites need to find a way compensate them so they don't need to break the law to take a girl on a date. Take a look at the amount of money these kids will get if they sell the stolen items, it isn't much. Lunch money for many that are on this board.

Two guys vying fo a girl's attention. One is a scholarship athlete and the other works while going to school on an academic scholarship. Which can better afford to spend money while out with his date?

Are you kidding me?

Playing college football is volunteer for one. They know what the sport demands and most do it cause they love it.

Tuition paid for (5k in state). Books paid for (avg 3-4 hundred dollars). Rooms at Sewell Hall paid for (4400 judging by other dorms). Utilities paid for. All they can eat at the wellness kitchen whenever they want (a limited plan costs 1300 a semester). Best tutors on campus for free (20 bucks plus a hour). Now they will get a extra 5800 dollars a year that they can do whatever they want with due to that "cost of living" thing the Big 5 conferences have going on to pay for outside the scholarship. Which they are in school roughly 9 months so that is 644 bucks a month.

So they get tuition, food, room, books, tutors, and $644 (tax free) to spend per month for Fall and Spring semester. Ya, they are really hurting.

I say we do away with that and start paying them like what they are. Minor league players.

Lets pay them the average of what those guys make, $35k a year or so. Take away all the scholarship benefits. Tax their earnings. Then if they want to go play college they can get pell grants and take loans to make up what their salary doesn't pay for. If all they want to do is go pro, then they can find their own facilities, locate their own coaches, and find a way to get their own exposure to the NFL.

If true...

... you can add another theft and a charge of idjit to the tally. For he stole much from the team, he stolen several coaches time, he stole a more a deserving players experience, and he stole someone else's chance of being an Auburn Tiger. Although the last could be said of any college athlete of his stature, who've thrown away a network of upward mobility for one of downward spiral; for they've all cashed in much of their future well being. It''s a shame these losers can't think beyond one Warhol moment to the next.

Maybe (hopefully) a few winners will rise given their new opportunity. as some third stringer who never pushed hard enough will now see his chance to make the field. And he'll network his way up and not down.

Are you kidding me?

Playing college football is volunteer for one. They know what the sport demands and most do it cause they love it.

Tuition paid for (5k in state). Books paid for (avg 3-4 hundred dollars). Rooms at Sewell Hall paid for (4400 judging by other dorms). Utilities paid for. All they can eat at the wellness kitchen whenever they want (a limited plan costs 1300 a semester). Best tutors on campus for free (20 bucks plus a hour). Now they will get a extra 5800 dollars a year that they can do whatever they want with due to that "cost of living" thing the Big 5 conferences have going on to pay for outside the scholarship. Which they are in school roughly 9 months so that is 644 bucks a month.

So they get tuition, food, room, books, tutors, and $644 (tax free) to spend per month for Fall and Spring semester. Ya, they are really hurting.

I say we do away with that and start paying them like what they are. Minor league players.

Lets pay them the average of what those guys make, $35k a year or so. Take away all the scholarship benefits. Tax their earnings. Then if they want to go play college they can get pell grants and take loans to make up what their salary doesn't pay for. If all they want to do is go pro, then they can find their own facilities, locate their own coaches, and find a way to get their own exposure to the NFL.

minor leagues make 1100 per month and maybe 15 per diem. i cant spell.

Most of these athletes get grants and school loans that total about $18,000 per year.

I heard the news today about Cyrus Jones and thought 'gee, how nice it is to have an offseason where no Auburn players get arrested.' Guess I jinxed it.

Everyone blame this guy.

might as well blame me too. I thought theexact same thing when I read about Cyrus Jones.

Not what I wanted to wake up to this morning. Right before finals too. Really thought we could make it through an offseason in good shape. Be prepared for this to be in the media for a couple days because it's Auburn.

Are you kidding me?

minor leagues make 1100 per month and maybe 15per diem. i cant spell.

There you go Alex, fixed it for you. As a retired Marine I am very familiar with the term "per diem" . WDE!!!!

Somebody asked.."guilty until proven innocent"? Answer for big time college football players is.... YES.

And did I read that someone on here tried to justify the act because he might have needed the money to be a regular student? ....the looter's mentality I guess.

What amazed me was the $24K bail...that's big time...must have been more than candy bars involved.

As they say, Karma is a b*****.....gotta keep that in mind when we get too sanctimonious about another team's players.

One thing for sure...Cyrus will become yesterday's news and one DT position will be open in the fall.

It is there and people love to bring it up so here ya go. :dead:

You can bet some bonus points because it is Auburn (mainly SEC but being Auburn does not help in this silly cup thing).

:bs:

That would give us a total of 15 to 17 points. :shoot:

You can bet your paycheck we will be at #1 in the standings and it will be plastered all over social media and the internet as soon as the turds get a title loan to get their internet back on.

According to /u/Honestly_ (one of the guys who runs the Fulmer Cup), this is the breakdown:

• 3 points per felony x 6 felonies = 18 points
  • 1 point per misdemeanor x 2 misdemeanor = 2 points
  • Crime Spree Bonus = 1 point

Total: 21 points

EDIT: Also found the official Google doc, but it has not yet been updated. Previously, we were in a tie for 22nd, with every other school who didn't have any points. Assuming that the only thing that hasn't yet been put in is Elijah's arrest, we would catapult into 1st place and have a 7 point lead on Temple University. We would also be 11 points ahead of Alabama in conference play.

Cry me a river. These guys are getting FREE COLLEGE AND FREE HOUSING and are living in an absolute luxury dorm. I'd say that's a hefty pay check--and that's why I roll my eyes whenever someone says that these athletes can't get money for their performance. Do you realize the number of students who work 30+ hrs a week and still can't make ends meet?

Byron, PLEASE don't mess up. We need ya man, now more than ever.

Terrible post. Just because you don't have a whole lot of extra cash lying around doesn't mean you steal from others. Absolutely bush league to take what someone else has earned. And the girlfriend argument? I'm not even sure if you're serious. Athletes have NO problem getting girls. Most girls would happily pay to be able to take a football player out. Get a clue.

Daniel and 2 other athletes broke into dorms over spring break. Kick him off the team.

It is there and people love to bring it up so here ya go. :dead:/>

:bs:/>

That would give us a total of 15 to 17 points. :shoot:/>

According to /u/Honestly_ (one of the guys who runs the Fulmer Cup), this is the breakdown:

• 3 points per felony x 6 felonies = 18 points
  • 1 point per misdemeanor x 2 misdemeanor = 2 points
  • Crime Spree Bonus = 1 point

Total: 21 points

EDIT: Also found the official Google doc, but it has not yet been updated. Previously, we were in a tie for 22nd, with every other school who didn't have any points. Assuming that the only thing that hasn't yet been put in is Elijah's arrest, we would catapult into 1st place and have a 7 point lead on Temple University. We would also be 11 points ahead of Alabama in conference play.

:facepalm:

Daniel and 2 other athletes broke into dorms over spring break. Kick him off the team.

Who were the other two athletes?

Walk on linebacker and a track & field athlete

Archived