Realistic expectations for our defense 2015..

tbone4jc

It's not that I'm sore about it, I thought he did a poor job here as well and I think we upgraded significantly. Its the fact that some blind squirles beat their chest and walk around like the invented the nut. You were correct in saying we were hiring CWM. You, however, are an absolute idiot if you think CEJ is a bad coach. You don't work as long as he has at this level being a bad coach and the fact that you can never recognize that is mind blowingly near sighted. The other issue I have is you refuse to let it die. Every chance you get you have to chime in with your little barbs at the man. You act in such a childish manner when it comes to CEJ. He was an AU coach and I appreciate that, he is gone now and I appreciate that even more. It was time to move on when CWM was hired, but your incessant whining about it at very turn has grown beyond tiresome. Believe me, I'm not the only one on these boards that feels that way. Just let it go.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that I'm sore about it, I thought he did a poor job here as well and I think we upgraded significantly. Its the fact that some blind squirles beat their chest and walk around like the invented the nut. You were correct in saying we were hiring CWM. You, however, are an absolute idiot if you think CEJ is a bad coach. You don't work as long as he has at this level being a bad coach and the fact that you can never recognize that is mind blowingly near sighted. The other issue I have is you refuse to let it die. Every chance you get you have to chime in with your little barbs at the man. You act in such a childish manner when it comes to CEJ. He was an AU coach and I appreciate that, he is gone now and I appreciate that even more. It was time to move on when CWM was hired, but your incessant whining about it at very turn has grown beyond tiresome. Believe me, I'm not the only one on these boards that feels that way. Just let it go.

Lol, not one time during the season did u say cej did a poor job, so u can keep that comment. U acted in a childish manner whenever someone, especially me, pointed out OBVIOUS coaching flaws about cej. U were acting as if u two were related or something. Trust me, I let it go and was rejoicing the moment will muschamp was hired. As I've said before, cej used to be a good coach, it's just as the years went by he couldn't keep up, why do u think I called him pawpaw Johnson? Done

You're wrong again. Many times I said was was displeased with the performance of the D. That said most of the flaws of the defense last year were not schematically based, they were personel. Thats the problem, you don't know enough to know the difference. That's not here nor there, though. The issue now is your incessant whining about CEJ that pollutes all of these threads. If you have let it go, as you say, then why are there so many CEJ jabs populating your post history?

You're wrong again. Many times I said was was displeased with the performance of the D. That said most of the flaws of the defense last year were not schematically based, they were personel. Thats the problem, you don't know enough to know the difference. That's not here nor there, though. The issue now is your incessant whining about CEJ that pollutes all of these threads. If you have let it go, as you say, then why are there so many CEJ jabs populating your post history?

You are such a whiner...

ETA: ... :rimshot:

Never saw one post where u blamed cej for anything. You defended cej until word got out that he would no longer be at AU. What's funny is that I don't see u defending Scott loeffler when his name is brought up from time to time, that somehow gets overlooked because he's the most hated coordinator in AU's history. Whether u like it or not, nobody will ever forget his defense at AU, to be honest, u can't because he's etched in the record books as the dcoordinator for the WORST DEFENSE in AU history. How do u feel about that?

Hey bird, guess I wasn't the only one not impressed with last years coach, read this:..............IronMan70

14 May 2015

We should be better just because of who the DC is now. He will also be down on the field coaching during the game which is important imo. We are in good shape on starters for all 11 spots but they can't play every snap of course. Depth is, decent on the DL, not "too" bad on the LBs and thin in experience in the secondary.

In the secondary, we have signed a lot of 4* talent in the '14 and '15 classes so hopefully TRob can find a couple gems there to step up early. Overall, I think TRob is going to make a BIG difference in the fundamentals, the pursuit angles, the tackling and the aggressiveness of his players.

With respect to the entire defense and as I said last year, just a 20% improvement in this defense to go with the AU offense, will make this a tough team to beat. It didn't happen last year but I think it does this year. A top 40 national defense and a top 7 SEC defense is a realistic goal. Anything above that would be great and icing on the cake.

Bwahahahaha did you really go find a post to affirm your whining? That's priceless.

Let me say it again slower so you understand.

My...issue...isn't...your...opinion ...on ...CEJ,...its...your...incessant...posting...of...said...opinion...every...chance...you...have. Its...tiresome...and...more...than...time...for...you...to...move...past...it.

Never saw one post where u blamed cej for anything. You defended cej until word got out that he would no longer be at AU. What's funny is that I don't see u defending Scott loeffler when his name is brought up from time to time, that somehow gets overlooked because he's the most hated coordinator in AU's history. Whether u like it or not, nobody will ever forget his defense at AU, to be honest, u can't because he's etched in the record books as the dcoordinator for the WORST DEFENSE in AU history. How do u feel about that?

Obviously not as personally as you? :dunno: There are many on here that can attest to my views on CEJ and more appropriately the defense as a unit. I don't need to bash him publicly unlike others.

Obviously not as personally as you? :dunno:/> There are many on here that can attest to my views on CEJ and more appropriately the defense as a unit. I don't need to bash him publicly unlike others.

Spin it how u want, you defended him at every turn and you know it

Bwahahahaha did you really go find a post to affirm your whining? That's priceless.

My...issue...isn't...your...opinion ...on ...CEJ,...its...your...incessant...posting...of...said...opinion...every...chance...you...have. Its...tiresome...and...more...than...time...for...you...to...move...past...it.

It's tiresome for u because of your loyalty to cej. As I've said before, why don't u act this way when loeffler's name is brought up? I think We both know why

It's tiresome for u because of your loyalty to cej. As I've said before, why don't u act this way when loeffler's name is brought up? I think We both know why

Seriously, This is honestly what you think ? You do realize that people equate you to A4E, right? They honestly think that his JJ bashing post and your CEJ post are on the same level...and they're right.

You think its that I have loyalty to CEJ, but you're still missing the point. As far as my loyalty goes, it belongs to Auburn, not a team, or coach. If that means defend a man that represents AU against near sighted fans, then so be it. You, however, were right in that CEJ failed at AU... even though you can't express in any coherent argument as to why. Again you were right CEJ did fail at AU...its just telling that you were so happy he did. That said, He's gone. Get over it

As far as loeffler's goes, I don't pretend to know offenses that well, therefore I don't criticize. You should try it.

I think you are missing his point. He has no problem with CEJ being gone. What he, and others, have a problem with is how you pepper so many posts with the same tag-line, (CEJ Sucks!). He doesn't care about CSL, because there isn't an idiot who posts about him so much in every thread that you almost think it's in the poster's signature. I hope that helps you out.

Back to this thread topic guy's? I think we will be the middle of the pack against the pass, top 5 against the run, applying pressure, take away's and sacks. War Eagle everyone!

Seriously, This is honestly what you think ? You do realize that people equate you to A4E, right? They honestly think that his JJ bashing post and your CEJ post are on the same level...and they're right.

You think its that I have loyalty to CEJ, but you're still missing the point. As far as my loyalty goes, it belongs to Auburn, not a team, or coach. If that means defend a man that represents AU against near sighted fans, then so be it. You, however, were right in that CEJ failed at AU... even though you can't express in any coherent argument as to why. Again you were right CEJ did fail at AU...its just telling that you were so happy he did. That said, He's gone. Get over it

As far as loeffler's goes, I don't pretend to know offenses that well, therefore I don't criticize. You should try it.

Haha, when u try it, I will. U may be a coach but that don't mean u can actually do the job. I've seen a lot of that in my lifetime. Your analogy of me don't mean squat. I could care less what u and others think, I've been getting along quite well without guys like YOU in general. U know, the self-righteous type. I will however do u a favor, I won't mention the worst coach in southern miss history name anymore, that way u won't have to come out of your BIRDs nest and defend him. WDE

I think you are missing his point. He has no problem with CEJ being gone. What he, and others, have a problem with is how you pepper so many posts with the same tag-line, (CEJ Sucks!). He doesn't care about CSL, because there isn't an idiot who posts about him so much in every thread that you almost think it's in the poster's signature. I hope that helps you out.

Correction,let's just say his coaching sucked, I don't know the man personally, so don't put words in my mouth. What about Rodney garner? Right now his name is being mentioned so much that it's incredible. I don't see bird defending him the way he has defended what's his name. Why is that? I know why. And there are people who still bring up loeffler's name:

meh130

04 Jun 2015

Mikey, on 04 June 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

fredst, on 03 June 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

WarDamnEagleWDE, on 03 June 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Mikey, on 03 June 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

meh130, on 03 June 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

AUEngineer2016, on 01 June 2015 - 04:19 PM, said:

Scot Loeffler

I'll see your Loeffler and raise you a Tony Franklin.

I'll see you those two and raise you a Brian Van Gorder, "The savior of the defense". Loeffler, in particular, had little to work with. Van Gorder had the most talented, experienced and deepest unit on the team and did nothing but take them backwards.

I would not put Brian Van Gorder on this list or Tony Franklin. Chiz had Wayne Bolt sit in on the D meetings and Bolt had as much say on how the D would scheme than Brian.

Franklin had the freight line guy Nall dictating the way the O would look.

Agree with this. Loeffler, granted, had severe limitations at qb but looking at the offensive stats and watching the offense performance in the two years since he left I don't believe the "little to work with ". BVG did not do a good job but there's nothing to suggest that he made them a lot worse- the D was bad before he go there and has been bad since.

Do you think a QB named Nick Marshall might have had a little something to do with the past two year's stats? Loeffler didn't have Nick Marshall, and he certainly didn't have a head coach that wanted an explosive offense.

Loeffler's Record:

2012 - Auburn

YPG: Rank 118th, YPG 305

PPG: Rank 114th, PPG 18.7

2013 - Virginia Tech

YPG: Rank 103rd, YPG 356

PPG: Rank 101st, PPG 22.5

2014 - Virginia Tech

YPG: Rank 99th, YPG 365

PPG: Rank 94th, PPG 24.1

The good news, Loeffler's offense is improving. The bad news is, at this rate, it will take him 15-20 years for him to field a Top-10 offense.

I didn't say no one ever mentions CSL's name. I said if someone brought him up constantly almost on a daily basis in their posts. I'm sure if any one of those people that are in that post that you copy/pasted brought up CSL repeatedly, most normal people would grow tired of it.

My "CEJ Sucks!" Statement was intended as a broad comment on his coaching, as I seriously doubt there are people on a message board that know any of the coaches personally. I wasn't putting words in your mouth. (Just as if someone on a Ford forum were to say "Dodge Sucks!" would be understood as a comment on their cars, not the company as a whole.).

I don't think it's fair to compare the CRG bashing that goes on to what he meant that you do with CEJ. CRG is still a coach with AU, and it's a valid discussion. CEJ is gone, therefore, it's beating a dead horse to constantly complain about him. He didn't perform up to standards, he was replaced.

In any event, I'm done trying to explain it. I thought perhaps you just weren't seeing his point about constantly bringing it up. It appears you just want to continue the debate.

Have fun with that.

I thought the topic of this thread was the 2015 defense, which would suggest the new defense Muschamp et al will have Auburn playing next year.

Instead, it seems to be a bunch of squabbling about the past. Put this crap behind you. It's water under the bridge that already reached the Gulf. Let's look to the future!

I didn't say no one ever mentions CSL's name. I said if someone brought him up constantly almost on a daily basis in their posts. I'm sure if any one of those people that are in that post that you copy/pasted brought up CSL repeatedly, most normal people would grow tired of it.

My "CEJ Sucks!" Statement was intended as a broad comment on his coaching, as I seriously doubt there are people on a message board that know any of the coaches personally. I wasn't putting words in your mouth. (Just as if someone on a Ford forum were to say "Dodge Sucks!" would be understood as a comment on their cars, not the company as a whole.).

I don't think it's fair to compare the CRG bashing that goes on to what he meant that you do with CEJ. CRG is still a coach with AU, and it's a valid discussion. CEJ is gone, therefore, it's beating a dead horse to constantly complain about him. He didn't perform up to standards, he was replaced.

In any event, I'm done trying to explain it. I thought perhaps you just weren't seeing his point about constantly bringing it up. It appears you just want to continue the debate.

Have fun with that.

no I don't! It's just some get a little salty when his name is brought up. I don't dodge anyone nor do I keep things inside. If it's on my mind I'm going to say it. If it hurts feelings I apologize in advance. I will not be intimidated by NO ONE, although a lot of people keep trying.

I thought the topic of this thread was the 2015 defense, which would suggest the new defense Muschamp et al will have Auburn playing next year.

Instead, it seems to be a bunch of squabbling about the past. Put this crap behind you. It's water under the bridge that already reached the Gulf. Let's look to the future!

Indeed

As far as my loyalty goes, it belongs to Auburn, not a team, or coach.

And the choir sings "Hallelujah!"

Seriously, I'm not sure why it is that some folks want to argue over coaches past. Coaches past are coaches past. History. Not the present. CEJ, Loeffler. Bowden. Tuberville. (Full disclosure: I'm guilty of chiming in on Catfish from time to time in some forums.) Even Dye. But man, this thread is about the future. Arguing over the past and who said what or defended (or didn't say or defend) whom...not to be sexist....but reading some of this reminds me of trying to argue with an ex wife over something current only to have manure from years gone by dragged in from nowhere. (I know I'm not the only man that has experienced this, right?)

Live in the present. Life's too short.

Lets get back to the expectation for the defense. If not it will be time to LOCK IT........................

i agree. Thread is way off course

Archived