Realistic expectations for our defense 2015..

tbone4jc

As a long time Auburn fan, I have mixed feelings. I feel like an experimental rat (fan) who has been exposed to repeated high expectations only to receive an electrical shock.

;D

No Skinner box here. Besides, shocking them is less effective than intermittent positive reinforcement.

LOL!!! :lol:

Now that's a perfect analogy of what being an Auburn fan is like! ;)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a long time Auburn fan, I have mixed feelings. I feel like an experimental rat (fan) who has been exposed to repeated high expectations only to receive an electrical shock.

;D

No Skinner box here. Besides, shocking them is less effective than intermittent positive reinforcement.

LOL!!! :lol:

Now that's a perfect analogy of what being an Auburn fan is like! ;)

Natty, winless in SEC, natty game, 8-5, ....

Shoot for the stars! We will be light years better on defense for 2015.

I just want the defense to not be worse than the offense is good like we saw last year.

It won't be, we have will muschamp, not cej, Nuff Said

I'm not sure there is a thread on here that doesn't have A4E and his JJ bashing or you and your CEJ schtick polluting it. Get over it. We all know where you stand, there is no need for either of you to keep reminding us. Please quit.

Hit a sore spot huh? U were one of CEJ's biggest supporters so I understand you are still grieving. I'm over it, I'm just not over the worst AU records on defense ever yet, or the natty that was in our hands that was gift wrapped to fsu because of you know who

Seems to be a bigger sore spot for you. I was also one of Johnson's biggest supporters, but I'm not grieving for his loss. The only thing that saddens me is how much the vast majority of the Auburn fan base is going to have the same opinion you do, failing to recognize the abject lack of fundamental defensive play CEJ inherited.

I still maintain that he did far more for the shape of Auburn's defense than he will ever get amongst the fan base purely by priming them so well for the next guy. Johnson was the old school coach who taught sound fundamentals, and with those in place as the foundation, bringing in Boom should be enough to ignite the fire under a much more prepared group of players.

Ask southern miss. how they feel about cej, it's not a sore spot for me. I'm just not willing to accept mediocre coaching just because he's on AU's staff, like u and others. He used to be a good coach, keyword used to be

Southern Miss had him as a head coach. If you don't understand the significance in differences between HC and DC, you really don't belong in this conversation to begin with. But okay, how about asking Steve Spurrier and South Carolina what they think of him.

Now, you can spew your rhetoric about how much I'm willing to accept mediocrity, underscoring your lack of knowledge about me (or my issues with the defense since Tubs left), but perhaps you missed the part of my reply where I said I'm not grieving the loss. It isn't that I think he's a better coach than Boom, or even that I think he was the right coach for Auburn going forward.

Rather, my point is that his old school mentality was necessary for setting the solid fundamental foundation that had been lost while Chizik was the head coach. Your point is that Johnson has gone senile and no longer belongs around football. Which one seems more reasonable?

These quote posts are hard to figure out!

Archived