The Cross and the Confederate Flag

TitanTiger

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knew that was coming...Do they hold a different weight than the MANY white people, some on this very board, that say it is wrong? Why do you bash them?

Don't hate because my football evaluations have always left yours in the dust lol.

lmao, I was gonna go into more detail... but I can not remember what the hell it was we argued over back then. I know it wasn't the secondary.

I'm not sure if this requires a new thread, so I'm just going to put it here. I understand different public figures are going to have their opinions on the issue but in my opinion there is no sense in cluttering the forum with different threads of the same issue.

Here is Bruce Pearl's take on the confederate flag.

Auburn coach Bruce Pearl understands the debate over the Confederate flag is a nuanced one. Especially in the South. On both sides of the issue, passions run high.

Pearl tried to strike a balance between the two when asked about the flag Monday.

“The Confederate flag means a lot in a very positive way to a lot of folks in the South. It identifies the South in many, many ways that are historical,” he said during his time on the SEC men’s basketball teleconference. “And it some circles, it’s really positive. But in other circles it is not a positive symbol in our country."

With that in mind, Pearl said he had no issue with the flag being removed from public places.

"It flying in public areas that represents all the people — not just a certain element — can be a real challenge," he said. "When something is offensive to somebody, I think it’s important that we recognize that and in public places be sensitive of that and take the flag down."

Pearl stressed, however, that he didn't have "as big a problem" with the flag as others.

"I recognize the positive aspects of that symbol ... I do think it’s good that in our country we have this debate," he said. "We can discuss it."

While Pearl appreciates the discourse over the Confederate flag, he felt it was far more important to find a way to unite the country. That's why he feels so strongly about respecting the American flag.

"I’d like to take the opportunity ... to honor our flag and to fly our flag and take better care and honor our flag more. So much is being made of the Confederate flag right now and I get that," Pearl said. "But (with) July 4 coming up, let’s raise our flag. Let’s honor our flag (and) what it stands for. I understand the freedoms that our country enjoys. It just bothers when people desecrate our flag and don’t honor it. It bothers me tremendously."

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Bruce-Pearl-weighs-in-on-Confederate-flag-debate-37984260

Way to go Coach Pearl! He gets it!!!

I'm surprised he didnt say "if you believe in southern heritage, you're just a bigot wanting to offend others." That seems to be overwhelming opinion save for proud and raptor.

Wait, no I'm not...

The National Parks Service has lowered the Confederate Flag from Ft. Sumter. Anyone see the trend unfolding? THIS is why it is hard for so many true open minded people to accept liberal progressives. I'd say unbelievable but that would be lying to myself.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150628/PC16/150629493

The National Parks Service has lowered the Confederate Flag from Ft. Sumter. Anyone see the trend unfolding? THIS is why it is hard for so many true open minded people to accept liberal progressives. I'd say unbelievable but that would be lying to myself.

http://www.postandco.../PC16/150629493

That I don't agree with.

That I don't agree with.

It's just the beginning. Even though I stated that I believed the flag should be removed from the statehouse grounds I also felt in my "gut" that this would start to happen. The progressive left wants no part of historical USA...good or bad.

That I don't agree with.

It's just the beginning. Even though I stated that I believed the flag should be removed from the statehouse grounds I also felt in my "gut" that this would start to happen. The progressive left wants no part of historical USA...good or bad.

it is not the progressive left that is denying or trying to revise history.

If it does continue, it kinda makes me wish I owned a confederate flag. Their value will go up if everyone refuses to sell them:)

If it does continue, it kinda makes me wish I owned a confederate flag. Their value will go up if everyone refuses to sell them:)

you can start producing them.

Contrary to WarTims statements, I do not know how to knit or sew... in the least.

Contrary to WarTims statements, I do not know how to knit or sew... in the least.

Google or YouTube it. I might invest.

That I don't agree with.

it is not the progressive left that is denying or trying to revise history.

Ok, then let me "rephrase" by stating the progressive left and the moronic neocons. :)

Well, at least there are a few Southerners remaining who are prepared to demonstrate in favor of "Southern Heritage":

http://www.huffingto...ics&ir=Politics

Posted: 06/30/2015 12:09 pm EDT Updated: 4 hours ago

n-KKK-large570.jpg

Even "Dixie Outfitters" got a plug in:

o-CONFEDERATE-MEMORABILIA-570.jpg?7

Pro-Confederate memorabilia for sale in Travelers Rest, South Carolina. (Sebastian Murdock/HuffPost).

Well, at least there are a few Southerners remaining who are prepared to demonstrate in favor of "Southern Heritage":

http://www.huffingto...ics&ir=Politics

Posted: 06/30/2015 12:09 pm EDT Updated: 4 hours ago

n-KKK-large570.jpg

Even "Dixie Outfitters" got a plug in:

o-CONFEDERATE-MEMORABILIA-570.jpg?7

Pro-Confederate memorabilia for sale in Travelers Rest, South Carolina. (Sebastian Murdock/HuffPost).

just heritage. i will copy some of my FB feed after i finish my chores.

Driving around town, noticing redneck hillbillies driving around with confederate flags in the back of their truck, I wonder how long it takes before an incident happens where a hate crime occurs against the hillbilly. I hope these people don't miss a turn and end up in the "west side."

Driving around town, noticing redneck hillbillies driving around with confederate flags in the back of their truck, I wonder how long it takes before an incident happens where a hate crime occurs against the hillbilly. I hope these people don't miss a turn and end up in the "west side."

Unlikely...they're better armed...

Unlikely...they're better armed...

He probably bought that at Gander Mountain lol. It is amazing the stuff I see for sale there that exceeds 2 grand.

Archived