Hitting women, equality?

Mims44

She should be held accountable - FOR WHAT ? She didn't do anything wrong other than defend herself.

You're the last person who should be name calling, cole. Grow up.

The questionable character on display is yours.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you can't quote it? Cool. Then stop saying stuff that's not true. Thanks.

So you can't quote it?

Never claimed there was a quote, but I was speaking to you and others trying to place blame on the girl.

She should be held accountable for what, exactly ? BE SPECIFIC.

( And I didn't say anything that wasn't true. Stick to the issue )

You didn't quote me and say weakest defense of a CFB smacking a girl??? Is that what you're saying? Yeah right, but go ahead and try to weasel your way out of that too...it is what you do.

As a matter of fact watching the video again he was trying to AVOID the girl. He was going for the open spot and she scooted over to not let him get beside her. Also right before she held her hand up she is pushing him with her forearm....innocent my a$$

The punk smacked the girl and you're trying to say she should be held accountable. For the third time I'm asking, "what for ? "

The punk smacked the girl and you're trying to say she should be held accountable. For the third time I'm asking, "what for ? "

" The punk smacked the girl" after receiving one knee to the groin area, one punch to the face, and after being racially insulted. Quit pretending like she is blameless.

" The punk smacked the girl" after receiving one knee to the groin area,

Correction: After grabbing her wrist and not letting go even when she used her knee not to take a crotch shot, but to put it against him and push off trying to get out of his grip.

one punch to the face,

After he jostled her around, didn't stop when she clearly expressed her displeasure and grabbed and held her

and after being racially insulted.

Says him. No one has corroborated that version of events.

Quit pretending like she is blameless.

She isn't blameless. But their blame is not equal either. He initiated contact. He grabbed her and controlled her movements even after she attempted to pull out of his grip. And he outweighs her by 50+ lbs of solid muscle. A man in that situation, at worst, shoves her away so she can't hit him again and walks off. A boy throws a right cross on someone that was no serious threat to him because "bitches gotta learn."

" The punk smacked the girl" after receiving one knee to the groin area,

Correction: After grabbing her wrist and not letting go even when she used her knee not to take a crotch shot, but to put it against him and push off trying to get out of his grip.

one punch to the face,

After he jostled her around, didn't stop when she clearly expressed her displeasure and grabbed and held her

and after being racially insulted.

Says him. No one has corroborated that version of events.

Quit pretending like she is blameless.

She isn't blameless. But their blame is not equal either. He initiated contact. He grabbed her and controlled her movements even after she attempted to pull out of his grip. And he outweighs her by 50+ lbs of solid muscle. A man in that situation, at worst, shoves her away so she can't hit him again and walks off. A boy throws a right cross on someone that was no serious threat to him because "bitches gotta learn."

Lol I'm just relaying information from the sports articles. I'm not going to pretend like I was there like you're obviously trying to do, mod.

Why did the punk grab her wrist though? Could it be because she had already made a fist!

" The punk smacked the girl" after receiving one knee to the groin area, one punch to the face, and after being racially insulted. Quit pretending like she is blameless.

Regardless of what the girl is, he is the one who initiated the contact. She raised her fist, but he's the one Who grabbed first. . That's when it started. Stop trying to deflect away from the fact that he hit her, hard.

Regardless of what the girl is, he is the one who initiated the contact. She raised her fist, but he's the one Who grabbed first. . That's when it started. Stop trying to deflect away from the fact that he hit her, hard.

The girl is equally responsible. End of Story

Lol I'm just relaying information from the sports articles. I'm not going to pretend like I was there like you're obviously trying to do, mod.

I'm not pretending anything. I'm just pointing out what can be seen on camera and not taking the words of his defense attorney as fact without some corroboration, like you're obviously trying to do, peasant.

Not equally. End of story.

Why did the punk grab her wrist though? Could it be because she had already made a fist!

She made a fist and held it there. She wasn't flinching. It was a defensive posture. That did not give him the right to put his hands on her, much less grab and control her movements even after she attempts to pull away. Grabbing her is what took it from an argument and escalated it to something more.

I'm not pretending anything. I'm just pointing out what can be seen on camera and not taking the words of his defense attorney as fact without some corroboration, like you're obviously trying to do, peasant.

You need to boresight your perception back to reality.

She made a fist and held it there. She wasn't flinching. It was a defensive posture. That did not give him the right to put his hands on her, much less grab and control her movements even after she attempts to pull away. Grabbing her is what took it from an argument and escalated it to something more.

The argument always escalates when the fists are clinched, not when the guy is trying to de-escalate the situation. And her fists were clinched before she even turned around.

That's flat out absurd.

Period.

So I guess you skipped over the jokes such as yeah she'll hurt you with a nail file....That's EXACTLY what they're saying, that a woman can't hurt a man.

And it's no more of being a supposition than your opinion. But I watched the videos and as far as leading to her getting punched she played a part in that.

Yeah. It's supposition. Neither of us were there, Cole.

Well I said it's no more or less than your opinion...like you said neither of us was there

My point exactly. But you presented it as a statement of fact.

I'm sorry if you felt that I presented that way my point was I feel as strongly with my opinion as you do yours

There's no "felt." You did. There is a big difference between "she instigated it" and "I think she instigated it."

The argument always escalates when the fists are clinched, not when the guy is trying to de-escalate the situation. And her fists were clinched before she even turned around.

Wrong. Grabbing someone does not de-escalate a situation. A larger and stronger man, grabbing and controlling the movements of a smaller girl who is a stranger to him should be Exhibit A for "not de-escalating." Clenching a fist is a defensive posture. It is readiness, but not an attack. You haven't touched the other person, but it is a warning to them that if they persist in whatever they are doing you may hit them. When he places his hands on her and grabs her, all bets are off.

I've been in reality the whole time. You have an open invitation to join me anytime.

Having played a bunch of shows at Yianni's (and the other bars on that strip owned by the same group), I blame their tendency to have absurd specials like $1-2 drinks until last call, $5-10 liquor pitchers, and/or $10 for all you can drink until 1AM. I seriously doubt either of them were sober enough to have taken any of the reasonable steps to possibly de-escalate the situation. More importantly, the 19-year-old QB was not even supposed to be in there.

I've been in reality the whole time. You have an open invitation to join me anytime.

Yeah right.

I invite people to watch the video again. He tried to plow his way through the crowd pushing her towards the bar. And yes, she actually did pushback, but that was because she had nowhere else to go. The bar was not going to move. He should have asked the girl to his left to turn sideways so that he could pass by. But he chose instead to go broad chest and plow through the two girls by grabbing the bar with both hands, as if he was doing a pull-up.

Having played a bunch of shows at Yianni's (and the other bars on that strip owned by the same group), I blame their tendency to have absurd specials like $1-2 drinks until last call, $5-10 liquor pitchers, and/or $10 for all you can drink until 1AM. I seriously doubt either of them were sober enough to have taken any of the reasonable steps to possibly de-escalate the situation. More importantly, the 19-year-old QB was not even supposed to be in there.

19 year olds go to bars all the time. Buying drinks at the bar is the problem.

19 year olds go to bars all the time. Buying drinks at the bar is the problem.

Yianni's is a 21-and-up bar, as are all of the bars on that strip. The sidewalk for the strip is slightly elevated (along with a rail) above the sidewalk for Tennessee St. itself. Age is verified outside by one of several people before anyone is let in to any of the several bars there. It is set up that way to keep the bartenders from needing to check ID's while they're being slammed. I say again, the 19-year-old QB was not even supposed to be in there.

Archived