Bama loses...

woods1110

Pennington was good early, but he really blew it late. Overhtrew prothro on 3rd and six in the end zone then threw an incompletion on 4th that wouldn't have been a first down if it had been caught. Oh well.

If we had lined up early and power ran the ball at bama for a couple of quarters then opened it up some we may have beat them by 20 or 30.

Unless a mastermind coach comes in, someone like Petrino, or Shula get's lucky with a find like Borges, 'Bama is destined for mediocrity with their current staff...

We outsmarted ourselves a little against bama. I remember borges saying in the paper that JC came to him at the half and said we needed to simplify things. He did and boom we won the 2nd half 21-7.

I would like to see Shula go out and get a good OC and leave the playcalling up to that guy. I doubt it will happen.

T88, I really felt that if AU would have stuck with Brown in the Bama game, they would have pounded the ball the same way Minn did. Minn ran north to south on almost every run. It seemed like Carnell tried to do to much in the bama game.

Minnesota's offense became so predictable, but bama still had a hard time stopping the run.

I remember seeing the tight in go in motion on several occassions and which ever way the tight end was moving that was the direction of the hb toss.

Minnesota's offense became so predictable, but bama still had a hard time stopping the run.

I remember seeing the tight in go in motion on several occassions and which ever way the tight end was moving that was the direction of the hb toss.

134938[/snapback]

We didn't have a hard time stopping the run. We just DIDN'T stop the run. Every now and then we would stop them for a 4 yard gain, but they pretty much did what they wanted to on the ground. I didn't understand why they tried to put it in the air when they got in the redzone. I don't speak for all bama fans, but I'm sick and tired of these games where it comes down to the last play for bama. Either figure out how to win the game, or quit keeping the score close when it shouldn't be.

BAMA LOOSES.....so what else is new?.....really,does anyone care?.....a mediocre program,with mediocre players,coached by mediocre coaches and cheered on by the worlds' biggest collection of imbeciles?.....actually, it just tickles the hell out of me......what i found hilarious was the way the gophers celebrated....they actually acted like they had just done something out of the ordinary by beating the b-boobs and the famous coach hula.....

Tidefan, been there and know what your going through. Minn IS very good on the O line. Maybe better run O than we have in this conference. Doesn't mean we are that bad, they are just that good. With any kind of Offense, Bama should win. I was surprised at how easy they ran and ran when UA knew what was coming.

What is really surprising is how close the scores have been in all the 6 loses. In some games, AU and Minn, I did not think the game itself was that close. In the AU second half and the whole game with Minn, Bama was giving up yardage in chunks but somehow managed to keep it close.

Two years without a winning season, must be tough. I believe only two winning seasons in the last five. I'm not impressed with this coaching staff or any since Stallings. Look for Brodie to quit FB because of injury prone or either must :au: develop a good backup for next year.

I pulled for Bama today, the first time in my life. Sorry they lost.

It was a generic "Go, SEC" pull. But I did it.

This is the first time in 50 years for back-to-back non-winning seasons for them, since 53-54. The Whitworth/Drew era.

I really don't know what to make of Bama. Kines seemed to have gotten his side of things on track, but now I'm not sure.

It will be very interesting to see what kind of offensive line Bama fields next year. They really had some hosses the last few years. Britt, Mathis, and Martz will be hard to replace. They seemed to be much better with the run than pass protection, but that improved as the season went on.

Like a lot of Bama fans, I consider this to be Shula's "first" year. Next year he will have two of his classes and more players under scholarship. He is not on any Hot Seat, but the temp will go up if he doesn't produce 7 wins.

Wow...I was expecting to see a better showing from uat than this. I knew the offense wasn't that good but I thought they figured something out when they played way over their heads against us. And the defense! I thought that for sure the D would step up. The game would have been a lot worse if not for the dropped passes by the gophers.

I'm now starting to have my doubts about Shula...I just didn't see anything notable from this game that shows that Shula will get it together once he has all of his players back next year and truly be competitve with the rest of confeference...we will see though.

Did anyone else notice as the clock hit zero to end the game, the gopher band played "Rocky Top" ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

A very fitting END to another non-winning uat "season". :big:

Did you hear Curry's comment that if not for some key injuries that Bama might be a BCS bowl eligible team? I hit the floor laughing. I agree that they had some big injuries on offense and would have probably won another game or two with Brodie but BCS caliber...

I don't know of any injuries on defense but they flat out got run over today. Minn. could have told them the play and Bama would not have been able to stop it.

I actually pulled for Bama through out the entire game hoping that they would show well. Bama did have a couple of bad calls on turnovers called against them. Props should go to Minn. for being better than I thought. At least its not a long ride home from Nashville to Tuscaloosa!

In watching a lot of bama's games this year on TV, it's amazing that they still haven't figured out what's wrong. It's not the injuries. Sure they don't have lots of depth but they had enough talent on the field today to beat Minnesota. If that last 3rd down pass had been caught by Protho in the end zone, bama would have won.

The problem ladies and gentlemen is simple.......poor ass play calling.[/b

Today bama could just about throw 10-15 yards over the middle anytime they wanted to. But again in the end they waste some plays with dumb play calls. Just sit down and watch one of their close losses and see what they do in clutch situations. They will throw a 20 yd. pass to the sideline to gain 3 yards and tat's not Pennington's throw. Shula will not have huge success at bama unless he gets a good OC, and maybe even a new DC (look what happened to the country's #2 defense (???) today. Shula needs to do what Tubs did a few years ago when he fired Mazzone and what's his name :D

JMHO

I was pulling for BAMA today just because I want the SEC to look good. I was in the Nashville area sporting my Auburn colors today because I just graduated and am moving up there. I got a lot of looks from the new neighbors when they realized my orange was not faded out. :D

I am just wondering how many of you think BAMA would have won if Prothro was about a foot taller?

He is 5'3 or something isnt he? Had that been a regular size receiver I think it would have been a TD. I do give the little guy credit for being a good punt and kick returner.

Never can count on BAMA when you need to.

I just got back in state a few minutes ago and it was actually funny driving out of Nashville and seeing all the sad BAMA fans going down the I-24. :lol:

WAR EAGLE!!! :au:

For the first and last time in my life I pulled for Bama today, too. Stupid me.

I figured those boys had a tough season, so they "deserved" a nice win. And they could make the SEC look good. Well, now I remember that Bama's not ever going to make anyone look good except for whatever team they happen to be playing.

Shula. Hah! He can curse with the best of them, but his mastery of the game ends there. If I was a Bama fan, I'd rather have Mike Price getting lapdances on the sidelines than be stuck wth that moron.

BAMA SUX!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!

1) Thought :ua: had this game as a lock. MN was 1-5 in the last six games.

2) Thought :ua: D would shut them down. I think :ua: just took them too lightly.

3) Actually wanted :ua: to win this one. The announcers said that the SEC was 1-5, now 1-6, in MCB games. Only :au: won there so far. :ua: win helps our SOS too.

4) The D was not the problem and has not been all year. :ua: has O problems plain and simple. Shula MUST get an OC this year. Rader needs to be reassigned. I have been told that will happen and basically told every :ua: fan on the site. The problem with :ua: is not terminal, but can Shula fix them without starting an avalanche of booster "input?"

5) O only scored one TD :o D gave them the other one.

6) In was not impressed with :ua: game plan at all.

7) Crowd was a complete surprise tho. I never thought :ua: would bring that many there. They were not particularly loud, Bama folks bever are, but it looked like a sell out. Weather helped I know, but kudos for the turnout. I know a lot of my :ua: friend did not even plan to watch the game.

And that is what you get for going to another site.... ;)

Most of the threads on the Bama boards were..."Thank God it is finally over..."

Archived