2005 National Champions

TigerDevil

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While it most certainly should work with 90% of bama fans who boast false mncs, I'm not one of those. 

The 2004 Auburn Tigers did everything they could to have a fair share at the NC claim.  No bama or any other fan can take that away.  BUT, I've seen the same arguments used by bama fans on Tidefans.com talking about some of the bama NC claims years and years ago.  The only difference I see is AU fans saying bama was delusional for the same arguments you guys are making now.  Let me take the role of an AU fan and say.........  Dumb Bammers, only the AP or coaches poll counts.

136111[/snapback]

So, you only count the 6 or 7 AP titles?

While it most certainly should work with 90% of bama fans who boast false mncs, I'm not one of those. 

The 2004 Auburn Tigers did everything they could to have a fair share at the NC claim.  No bama or any other fan can take that away.  BUT, I've seen the same arguments used by bama fans on Tidefans.com talking about some of the bama NC claims years and years ago.  The only difference I see is AU fans saying bama was delusional for the same arguments you guys are making now.  Let me take the role of an AU fan and say.........  Dumb Bammers, only the AP or coaches poll counts.

136111[/snapback]

So, you only count the 6 or 7 AP titles?

136120[/snapback]

Here is one of the posts I've made on this subject. I know there is at least 5 more different threads I've posted this on, but it takes lot's of time to go back and find them. 6 awarded by the AP,UPI/Coaches is all that should be counted. Before this season, I'd say 99% of AU fans agreed with me. Apparently that logic has changed now.

6 are recognized by the AP/Coaches. That's really all that counts to most Non-UA people. That's all I would recognize.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...40entry127240

Well you are definitely the exception. In fact the official Alabama football media guide claims 12, including that rather dubious 1941 championship when you went 9-2 and didn't even win the SEC. What do you make of that?

Oh and on the AP...we're still lobbying for that one. I seriously doubt it happens, but no reason not to try and sway them.

I'm going to let this go, because you guys really did have a great season and I don't want to sound like a bitter bama fan, because that's not what I'm going for. Make your claims, savor this season and I hope everyone made it back from NO safely. I think I'm going to sign off for a while and let you guys enjoy your terrific season and off-season without having to put up with an extra bammer around here. Congrats on the great season and we'll see ya around fall practice.

I will say one thing about this and let it go. I find it incredibly ironic that you guys want to nitpick every one of our NC claims and make fun of us for it all the time. Now, when the shoe is on the other foot, you want to claim this one...BUUUUT you only want us to claim AP titles (see Titan's post above asking T24 if he claims 6 or 7). And in the same thread, you can claim 4? How is that right? Do as we say...not as we do...

Which is it? Either you claim 2,3 or 4...including 93 and 2004. And we can claim all 17 of ours where we were named NC by someone/anyone. Or we claim 6-7 and you claim 1957. Its got to be one or the other.

Yeah it is crappy that AU didnt get to play for it this year. They deserve the right to play for it. But no more than UTAH, USC, or OU. All 4 teams deserve it.

So which one is it? Is it okay for yall to claim this year even if you arent named Coaches or AP champion...and STILL make fun of us for claiming more than the 6-7 AP titles?

How do you not see a double standard here?

I would love to see how you could refute the following bama championships:1926, 1925, 1930, 1934, 1961, 1964, 1965,1978, 1979, 1992

And then claim this year...Those are the 10 I claim.

And Im not saying AU ISNT the best in the country. This has nothing to do with the team. It has to do with how you guys love to make fun of us for doing the same thing you guys are doing now.

How about this bg...... We claim OWNERSHIP of Football in the STATE of al. and the SEC! :au:

Not even someone of your ilk can argue with those FACTS. :D

p.s. Congrats on yet another Non-winning season for the smaller school in west al.

Guys I have said this before. NO Alabama fan wants to see Auburn have any prosperity. Even the 2 or 3 so called Bama friends of the AU Nation. They are just "Elephants" in sheep's clothing. They can come over here and say that Yes Auburn deserves a chance to play for the Title, but if the truth would be known, they are glad that we will finish at #2 probably. Do you expect anymore from them? If the shoe were on the other foot I would be glad that Alabama didn't have a chance. And yes BG, if we don't finish at #1 in the AP Poll then I will NOT claim any other award. Most Auburn fans would not do that. Ya'll always come over and say Congrats Auburn BUT, there is always a but or an excuse.

Congrats on beating Bama but we did play our 3rd string QB. So did UT in the Championship game. Blah, Blah, Blah

If you are truly friends to the AU Nation people then why can't you just simply say Congrats Auburn on a great season. You are deserving of your SEC Championship rather than saying all this other stuff. So why don't you all do like Tidefan and just go away for awhile. Let us enjoy our 13-0 season. Let it sink in. Let us bask in it. This is Auburn's year!!

And I really don't care how many Championships that ya'll wanna claim. Whatever makes you happy.

Guys I have said this before. NO Alabama fan wants to see Auburn have any prosperity. Even the 2 or 3 so called Bama friends of the AU Nation. They are just "Elephants" in sheep's clothing. They can come over here and say that Yes Auburn deserves a chance to play for the Title, but if the truth would be known, they are glad that we will finish at #2 probably. Do you expect anymore from them? If the shoe were on the other foot I would be glad that Alabama didn't have a chance. And yes BG, if we don't finish at #1 in the AP Poll then I will NOT claim any other award. Most Auburn fans would not do that. Ya'll always come over and say Congrats Auburn BUT, there is always a but or an excuse.

Congrats on beating Bama but we did play our 3rd string QB. So did UT in the Championship game. Blah, Blah, Blah

If you are truly friends to the AU Nation people then why can't you just simply say Congrats Auburn on a great season. You are deserving of your SEC Championship rather than saying all this other stuff. So why don't you all do like Tidefan and just go away for awhile. Let us enjoy our 13-0 season. Let it sink in. Let us bask in it. This is Auburn's year!!

And I really don't care how many Championships that ya'll wanna claim. Whatever makes you happy.

136159[/snapback]

I've only made two (now 3) posts since you guys won the sugar. I thought that's what I was doing. I started a congrats thread...and then pointed out a double standard. I also made it clear that it had nothing to do with the AU team this year...my post was clearly related to the fans showing a double standard. I thought that was clear. Im not upset that you guys had a good year. The only reason I wouldnt want AU to do well is because it would hurt us in recruiting. Aside from that...im not over here letting it ruin my day if AU wins 13 games or even a NC. Dont flatter yourself. Dothan, just because YOU want Alabama to fail in everything...it doesnt mean we feel the same way about AU. Some do...thats part of it. But not everyone.

For the record...if you look at my congrats thread from the iron bowl, I said the better team won. And I put no stipulations on it. I dont know what more you want...no i dont come over here and sugarcoat anything...or kiss AU's ass. Im not gonna do it. But that doesnt mean I have an agenda.

Are any of you watching TV? With the way USC is man handling OU added with the 3-point victors by AU over VTech, it's pretty clear cut to me...

And you can note, DothanTiger, that I never said AU should be in the Orange Bowl, I was actually blasted for saying something to the contrary.

Are you saying streyeder that an Auburn Defense would give up anywhere near 54 points? Please. I still think AU could beat USC. We dont run up the score. We get what we need to win. And we have done it sucessfully 13 times this year.

Hey...that Va Tech team took USC to the wire in Sept.......and you got smacked by Minnesota....hehehehahahahahehehehe

Ware Damn Eagle! USC may be the best today....but they're not playing AU.......bottom line.

13-0

bammma 6-6

War Eagle!

Are you saying streyeder that an Auburn Defense would give up anywhere near 54 points?  Please.  I still think AU could beat USC.  We dont run up the score.  We get what we need to win.  And we have done it sucessfully 13 times this year.

136327[/snapback]

I'm saying that our defense only saw 1 decent QB this year. NOTHING close to Matt. Heck, are you going to match Will and Monte up on SC's receivers, I'm sure that would work in our favor. :blink:

Are any of you watching TV? With the way USC is man handling OU added with the 3-point victors by AU over VTech, it's pretty clear cut to me...

And you can note, DothanTiger, that I never said AU should be in the Orange Bowl, I was actually blasted for saying something to the contrary.

136322[/snapback]

No, you thought OK should be in the Orange Bowl. Now do you admit it was right for you to be blasted?

Are you saying streyeder that an Auburn Defense would give up anywhere near 54 points?  Please.  I still think AU could beat USC.  We dont run up the score.  We get what we need to win.  And we have done it sucessfully 13 times this year.

136327[/snapback]

I'm saying that our defense only saw 1 decent QB this year. NOTHING close to Matt. Heck, are you going to match Will and Monte up on SC's receivers, I'm sure that would work in our favor. :blink:

136339[/snapback]

No but I will match up Rosegreen, Rogers, Herring, and Pitts vs their WR. Sure they would get some plays, but I don't think they score maybe 21 points at best. And they would have not shut down our offense unless we are up by 16 points and are playing to win and run the clock out.

The idiot announcer just said that he was wrong in saying the PAC-10 was overrated. Um just because one team wins doesn't mean that the whole conference isn't overrated, just ask Cal.

autigeremt & WAR EAGLE!!!,

As usual, the ones who have no intelligent retort just spew pointless and unrelated banter.

TexasTiger,

Nope. OU was #2 going into the game, but got blasted by a much better USC team.

AU was #3 going into the game, and was about two feet shy of going into OT.

Weagle98,

Would they? Who knows. I doubt it, but I doubt AU could outscore USC. ML was putting those passes in place with precision that was ungodly at times, and the WR's were making some awesome catches on balls that weren't on the money. USC was on fire and unstopable tonight.

136327[/snapback]

136339[/snapback]

USC's offense was actually better last year and we held them to 23 pts after spotting them 14 inside our own 20. Our defense is actually better than last year and we have a much better offense. USC played a terrific game tonight but it doesn't take away the fact that they had 4 games settled by 8 pts or less this year. OU's defense had previously given up over 30 pts on two other occasions this season and their secondary has been questionable. Even their own fans admit that their secondary was shakey and some even admitted that Auburn would have gave USC a better game tonight. I'm not saying that Auburn beats USC but to say that we could not is sad.

If you're judging the outcome of an Auburn-USC matchup based on tonight's Orange Bowl then you need to take off your crimson glasses.

TexasTiger,

Nope. OU was #2 going into the game, but got blasted by a much better USC team.

AU was #3 going into the game, and was about two feet shy of going into OT.

136355[/snapback]

And USC and OU were several questionable plays from losing a few games.

OU was number 2 in August before anyone ever played a single down. The question is whether preseason picks were accurate.

Well, I never blasted you for saying OK should be ahead of AU before the game, but unless you think OK gave them a better game than AU would, then you should at least admit that in retrospect, AU v. USC would have been the better matchup.

Weagle98,

Would they? Who knows. I doubt it, but I doubt AU could outscore USC. ML was putting those passes in place with precision that was ungodly at times, and the WR's were making some awesome catches on balls that weren't on the money. USC was on fire and unstopable tonight.

136355[/snapback]

You doubt AU could outscore USC based on what data. I hate the fact that people point to offense, offense, offense. Name a solid defense that USC played against all year..... VT, thats about it.

don't feel like reading the rest of the thread so i'll just say:

congrats to the undefeated, untied, 13-0, iron bowl champion, sec champion, sugar bowl champion, and best damn team in the nation auburn tigers!

congrats to jason campbell, the best qb in the country heisman or no.

congrats to caddilac and ronnie the best two running backs in the nation.

congrats to carlos rogers and junior rosegreen for manning the best defense in the nation.

congrats to all the players for proving that defense always wins. if anyone wants to argue about us versus usc, show me one defense even remotely close to the FOUR defenses auburn scored and beat that usc played (lsu, uga, bama, and va tech). show me one offense they stopped that compared to auburn's (and please don't give me jason white and oklahoma b/c white's not in campbell's weight class or aaron rodgers and cal b/c they couldn't score on texas tech). congrats to auburn the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ON THE BATTLEFIELD!

136327[/snapback]

136339[/snapback]

USC's offense was actually better last year and we held them to 23 pts after spotting them 14 inside our own 20. Our defense is actually better than last year and we have a much better offense. USC played a terrific game tonight but it doesn't take away the fact that they had 4 games settled by 8 pts or less this year. OU's defense had previously given up over 30 pts on two other occasions this season and their secondary has been questionable. Even their own fans admit that their secondary was shakey and some even admitted that Auburn would have gave USC a better game tonight. I'm not saying that Auburn beats USC but to say that we could not is sad.

If you're judging the outcome of an Auburn-USC matchup based on tonight's Orange Bowl then you need to take off your crimson glasses.

136360[/snapback]

I base it on the last 2 years that we played SC and lost. Maybe if we had of at least won one of those games we would have been in the Orange Bowl tonight. I would have liked to played SC to see how we would fair, but we have had the opportunity before and wasted it.

13-0 WDE.

Archived