2005 National Champions

TigerDevil

... If AU would have beaten VT by 50, they might not have crawled up to #1, but they sure as hell would have gotte more than three votes. Not to mention, many smaller polls would have taken notice and voted them #1. Then AU would have had a decent arguement for the MNC, but as it stands they do not.

136789[/snapback]

Dude. Who cares about idiot sportswriter votes, smaller polls & arguing about the MNC.

137098[/snapback]

Then I guess you have finally admitted to Alabama's 12 National Championships. :big::cheer::big::cheer:

137105[/snapback]

I'll give you any national championship that you played a full schedule and went undefeated. Once you have one loss, I think you lose all argument and therefore polls are required to determine who is the 'best' one loss team.

How can you say we do not have an argument? I believe we are only like the 15th team EVER to go 13-0. How can a team like that not have an argument? Are you really that blind?

137169[/snapback]

Just like when every team but harvard hass a loss, a one-loss team wil be the NC. Just like when more than one team is undefeated, one team will usually get the MNC from the AP and BCS. Last year it didn't happen, this year it did. 13-0 is great, SECC is great, Sugar Bowl is great, but nowhere was the MNC won. It's tough, but deal with it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived