Pre-game talk to the team for Lsu

doc4aday

Here goes nothing.

You are about to walk into one of the harshest stadiums in all of college football. Show no mercy in that non will be showed to you. We need to play our game and do our dead level best to take the crowd out of the game. We need to jump on them early and often and not let up until we are walking on the field to shake hands with the Lsu players and coaches offering our condolences to them after a 41-17 mauling delivered at the hands of a team that I am 110% proud of.

We are Auburn Tigers, and don't you ever forget this. Play hard every second of the game; Stay focused and be fearless. May the Lord make you strong and keep you safe. Now lets storm the field and put the fear of God in each Lsu player, coach, and fan.

Here goes nothing.

You are about to walk into one of the harshest stadiums in all of college football. Show no mercy in that non will be shown to you. We need to play our game and do our dead level best to take the crowd out of the game. We need to jump on them early and often and not let up until we are walking on the field to shake hands with the Lsu players and coaches offering our condolences to them after a 41-17 mauling delivered at the hands of a team that I am 110% proud of.

We are Auburn Tigers, and don't you ever forget this. Play hard every second of the game, stay focused and be fearless. May the Lord make you strong and keep you safe. Now lets storm the field and put the fear of God in each Lsu player, coach, and fan.

doc, did you forget to take your meds?.....all of this lollipop, rose petals and sunshine cannot hide the fact that this football team is a bad one.....I doubt that we make a bowl game this year and I am not saying this because I'm upset about yesterday.....what you see is what you get, and we have not seen the worst of it yet

I'd personally recruit Marshall or Newton for the talk. Both very close and both have pulled out stellar games against LSU (although neither in Baton Rouge)

Give me Will Herring or Eltoro Freeman. Like Eltoro said "Peyton Barber ran like his reputation was on the line". If we had more players with that grit and fire it would be scary how good we could be/can be become. Will's speeches give me chills

doc, did you forget to take your meds?.....all of this lollipop, rose petals and sunshine cannot hide the fact that this football team is a bad one.....I doubt that we make a bowl game this year and I am not saying this because I'm upset about yesterday.....what you see is what you get, and we have not seen the worst of it yet

Pretty big overreaction IMO. Don't see throwing in the towel at 2-0 smh.

As young men, you are supposed to represent the best that Auburn is. You are strong, you are fearless, and you are true. Tonight, we are going into a dog fight. But that shouldn't scare you, it should excite you! The cheers of your enemies should lift your spirits, because it means you're still here. That you are here and capable of making history. Tonight you can walk into Tiger stadium, against competition that has written you and this game off as a sure win.

They think Leonard Fournette is going to come in here and run all over us. They think their receivers are going to bully us. But they could be no farther from the truth.

This team isn't a team of quitters. You all showed that last week. You are a team of fighters, and winners. It may not be pretty, but victories rarely are. I want you men tonight not to instill fear, I want you to be fear. During the battle of Gettysburg, when the South was on the back foot, they didn't turn and run. As a famous quote from a young soldier to General Lee said, "We'll fight them until hell freezes over, and then we'll fight them on the ice!"

So I don't care if your friends think we'll lose. I don't care if your girlfriend thinks we'll lose. I don't care if you're own mother thinks we'll lose. You look right now at the other 85 men beside you, and tell me if YOU think we'll lose. Because I sure as hell don't. I don't think we''ll win, I know we'll win. If you men go out there and perform at the level I've seen you be capable of, we have no choice but to win. When Easy company was completely surrounded at Bastogne, a young man asked an American medic about the advancing forces closing in on their position. His response? "They've got us surrounded, the poor bastards."

That's who we are tonight. We are surrounded in death valley. But we are not afraid. Because when you're surrounded you can fight in any direction. We will bite, scratch, and claw our way through them. We will not only make them sweat, we will make them bleed. We will make them silent. We will beat them into submission and then we'll beat them some more for the hell of it.

Jeremy Johnson is our quarterback, and he's going to play not only to silence those who doubt him here in this stadium, but he's going to silence everyone. Peyton is going to run with that spirit that shows he's not afraid. Duke is going to catch everything around him. And if one of them needs a break, then THEY'RE going to be the poor bastards who get to meet the rest of you studs. Jovon, and Kerryon. Ray and Smith. Cowart and Adams.

None of you are anything less than absolute monsters, and we're going to go out there and give them a reason to lose sleep tonight!

I'd personally recruit Marshall or Newton for the talk. Both very close and both have pulled out stellar games against LSU (although neither in Baton Rouge)

Give me Will Herring or Eltoro Freeman. Like Eltoro said "Peyton Barber ran like his reputation was on the line". If we had more players with that grit and fire it would be scary how good we could be/can be become. Will's speeches give me chills

I chose QBs, because we can only win this game if we suddenly gain a QB. Whatever QB goes out there needs a confidence boost more than anyone here.

Now people are arguing about a fake stupid pregame speech....

You have got to do everything possible as a fan to let these young men know that most of us still have confidence in this team. Anything I can do as a fan to give confidence to these young men and our coaching staff. I will do. I see nothing wrong whatsoever with this. This is a lot better than slamming this team to the ground.

We all know this, and any good Auburn fan should be channeling their energy in a positive way. There is nothing stupid whatsoever about taking some of the negativity out of the mix and replacing it with something positive. We all want our Auburn Tigers to win every time we take the field of competition no matter what sport is being played.

Up until last November, I served as a member of the 82nd Airborne Division which by many accounts is the greatest division of Soldiers in the US Army. Everybody that has served in the 82nd is familiar with a particular poster who's ubiquity is rivaled only by the burgundy beret. The poster features a black and white photo of a dog-faced soldier circa 1940something. Cigarette hanging from his lip, three days unshaven, and his kevlar helmet sitting slightly askew upon his All-American head. The text on the poster tells a story about this soldier. Don't quote me on the exact verbiage, but the gist is: This soldier happened upon a US tank and crew somewhere near the front lines of the fight in Europe. The tank commander popped his head out of the hatch and the soldier addressed him. He said, "are you boys looking for some place to be safe?" and the tanker said yes. "Then pull that rig behind me because I'm the 82nd Airborne Division, and this is as far as those sons-of-bitches are gonna get," said the All-American paratrooper.

The moral of this story is this...the soldier had so much confidence in his team....with stakes so much higher than anything on the line in a football game...he was prepared to fight to the death with his team, and knew that they would do the same for him, and above all else, knew that his team would win. He might not survive the coming battle, but he knew for damn sure that he was on a team of men that had each other's back, that would prevail, and that was something bigger than him. Notice the soldier did not say, "I'm Joe Jankovic, and I'm the baddest MF in the Argonne forest." He identified himself as THE 82nd Airborne Division.

Maybe I'd tell that story? Maybe I would ask them if they searched their souls...how many of you have demonstrated the grit and toughness of that soldier on every play? How many of you understand what being an Auburn Tiger means? Who is willing to come off that field broken and bloody with nothing left in the tank to get a win tonight? If you are willing...if you are ready...turn to your teammates on your right and left and say I got your F*#$@#@ back brother! Tell your teammate that you love him and will give him 100% on every down and together we will walk out of the Valley of Death with our fists triumphantly held high and the entire Auburn Family celebrating their heroes!

What would be fun would be for some of our pep talks to actually make it to the locker room prior to any game this season. I would love to know just how effective pre-game talks are with regard to winning the game at hand. I few weeks ago, the coach for Brevard College delivered our morning service message. His name is Paul Hamilton. He showed a clip of former West Virginia HC that if my memory serves me correct was Bill Stewart.

Rich Rodriguez was the HC of WV and had just accepted the Michigan job. Stewart was asked to be interim HC for West Virginia. Most of the staff at WV had followed Rich Rod to Michigan. Coach Stewart stayed behind and was named interim coach for the bowl game. WV had lost their last game of which kept them out of the NC game for that year. Coach Hamilton showed the pregame talk at the beginning of his message that was the actual pregame talk that Coach Stewart delivered before the bowl game for WV.

This speech was awesome and pumped up WV and they went on to beat Oklahoma by several points. Coach Stewart had a decent run at WV, but was let go after having one too many 8 win seasons. WV should not have won that game based on OUs season up to the bowl game. The point I am trying to make is that our team needs all of the positive energy our fans can deliver. I hope CGM will have a super game plan, and will deliver a pregame speech that will have this team playing lights out at LSU.

Takeo Spikes

" Men, this is your time, your moment has come. This is your opportunity to go out there and show your opponent what kind of man you are. You will fight, hit, claw and play for the man next to you until you have nothing left. You will win this game, because if you don't, I will personally come back here and kick every one of your azzes. Now get out there and show them what you are made of. War blanking Eagle "

I had a dream last night that I think many of you will find interesting. It went like this: The team jet landed in New Orleans instead of Baton Rouge. When the team started making their way into the terminal in New Orleans, there was at least 250 LSU fans throwing glass bottles filled with cheap beer at the players. The policemen turned their back to the team as if nothing was going on.

One of the bottles hit Jeremy Johnson in the head and shattered glass everywhere. JJ fell to his knees and collapsed. About this time, another group of at least 500 or so LSU fans began storming the terminal with baseball bats and balls. One of our players grabbed a baseball bat from an LSU fan, and started swinging wildly at any LSU fan that got within 10 feet of him and any of his teammates. I think the player was Chris Frost.

About this time, JJ got back up and started throwing footballs at the person who broke the bottle over his head. JJ was throwing footballs with deadly accuracy at any LSU fan trying to harm any of his teammates. About this time, CGM and the rest of the coaching staff made their way off of a separate jet and soon realized what was going on. All of the coaches started giving JJ one football after another until all of the LSU fans were on the ground crying like a baby.

When the team made it to Baton Rouge for the game, they were covered in beer. When the team took the field, LSU fans started running out the stadium screaming. JJ lit up the LSU defense like a barge of fireworks for the 4th of July. JJ went 28 out of 33 passes thrown for 7 TDs without any interceptions. We won by the score of 52 to 17. I kid you not, this was my dream from last night and I hope this is a premonition for good things happening come this Saturday.

I have been told that my dreams are somewhat like those of Joseph in the old testament. I guess we all have odd dreams from time to time. What is scary is that I have had some actually come true. There are things in the this universe that are so beyond anything would could imagine. Maybe I need to start my own psychic hotline. I do see my dream as a good omen for the LsU game.

I am glad that it is not a night game in BR. LsU tends to play worse in day games compared to night games in BR. I have been to many of the Auburn and LsU games in BR, and find that we do much better there in day games. Not sure of the exact record, but I would guess some of you out there do have this stat.

I am a military man and also a former MD. (I had to quit medicine in 1992 due to a severe reaction to latex gloves and anything made of latex in the same room.) I do not need to be told about the weaknesses our team. I know what is going on, and have a good idea or 2 about what is wrong with the team. There is plenty talent on this team on both sides of the ball. I trust our coaching staff to do whatever is necessary to continue winning games this season. It sounds like a funeral parlor on Saturday night with all of the negativity directed at this team. We are 2-0 so far this season, and will be 3-0 after we leave Baton Rouge.

I am not a sunshine pumper, but a fan that knows that the young men on this team will play hard for 60 minutes for each remaining game. These young men need our support and encouragement for each game. I have no lollipops, no rose petals, or any other foolishness with regard to our team.

Archived