I'm confused, but sw and jj are the same

cole256

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see cole as saying 'haha I told you so'.

I also think comparing the two is a legit question that the coaches better ask -- who is more likely to help us win? Is SW really better than JJ?

But cole is asking a different question: why did we pile on JJ and give SW a pass for the same sort of performance?

Exactly. Two specific questions. You notice how EVERYBODY talked about the jj should've thrown two more picks....Who's mentioned white's? One poster called one of them a thing of beauty

Another example, Johnson's fumble (not the slip throw that's on him) he was hit before he could extend the ball too the hb everybody says it's on him, white fumbled nobody mentions.

I'm saying if we're going to demand let's be objective and impartial. Now we talk about the line? I mentioned the line a couple of weeks ago and I was told it wasn't an issue it was jj

You aren't comparing two juniors, you are comparing a true junior with four starts to a redshirt freshman with one start. There isn't enough evidence yet for a comparison. Give it time. This thread is premature at best.

I mean the big jump is that second year. But I am taking it into account because I'm saying if they're close Sean should start because jj should be better. But as far as people saying Sean is more cerebral, more accurate, more elusive, and all that didn't look the same. Don't tell me he's more cerebral, better decision maker then when he throws a ball into triple coverage twice say oh well....

But you're so offended you feel like I'm trying to say white isn't good or something. But you're a sw fan I understand. I was a jj fan but I had to understand sw may be better for the team. But I'm going to judge them the same

No. Wrong again. I am a huge Jeremy fan. I just put a logical argument out there and you don't agree. You started a premature thread with zero evidence other than one start.

SW and JJ played the exact type game made the same mistakes. The only difference is that SW is more apt to run but usually that's viewed as a negative for a qb.

I say go with white since he's younger thus more upside and we may as well get the youth movement going at this position as well...But the way many was complaining about EVERY detail of one qb and to not say anything about the same stuff from another qb is funny to me.

I don't know about them playing equally. I though White out performed JJ thus far. Two mistakes. One pick, and one taken sack he should have thrown away. Understandable from freshman. Played well enough for us to win. JJ wasn't doing that. White is also a leader, by the looks of it. Think we could have a 2007 type season; start off very poor and turn it around as we slide into halfway point of season. I think we'll be playing our best fball come iron bowl time.

Actually they aren't even remotely the same. Sean White, when asked to throw it, went through his progressions very well. There were several times everything down field was covered and he went to his last option and we got positive yards out of it. There were also times when absolutely everything was covered and he tucked it and took off running. We never saw any of that with Johnson. I thought Sean looked very comfortable back there and did a nice job. Redzone offense was an issue last year with Marshall at QB and it hasn't been fixed. I think that's a play calling issue. But to think White and Johnson are the same just isn't accurate.

About sums it up.

Well, like I said, I'm not convinced they are the same. But Stat also makes a similar claim in his report card thread. Essentially, statistically, SW did no better passing than JJ has done so far.

But I saw what y'all saw -- that SW looked more decisive and more in control. So, I'm asking cole for more support for the claim that JJ and SW are the same.

Which stats is that? White didn't get a TD last night, but other than that his starts are all better than JJ's, and last night was his first start ever, coming against an SEC West opponent. You can't really blame White that his passes were mostly shorter. He doesn't call the plays. I think play calling has hurt both QBs, but I don't recall White zeroing in on the triple covered guy any last night.

Actually they aren't even remotely the same. Sean White, when asked to throw it, went through his progressions very well. There were several times everything down field was covered and he went to his last option and we got positive yards out of it. There were also times when absolutely everything was covered and he tucked it and took off running. We never saw any of that with Johnson. I thought Sean looked very comfortable back there and did a nice job. Redzone offense was an issue last year with Marshall at QB and it hasn't been fixed. I think that's a play calling issue. But to think White and Johnson are the same just isn't accurate.

About sums it up.

Well, like I said, I'm not convinced they are the same. But Stat also makes a similar claim in his report card thread. Essentially, statistically, SW did no better passing than JJ has done so far.

But I saw what y'all saw -- that SW looked more decisive and more in control. So, I'm asking cole for more support for the claim that JJ and SW are the same.

Which stats is that? White didn't get a TD last night, but other than that his starts are all better than JJ's, and last night was his first start ever, coming against an SEC West opponent. You can't really blame White that his passes were mostly shorter. He doesn't call the plays. I think play calling has hurt both QBs, but I don't recall White zeroing in on the triple covered guy any last night.

No, his stats aren't all better than JJ's. Here is where Stat discusses it. You'll notice, if you read through the thread, that Stat even claims at the end that JJ's short passing game stats are better than SW's. And it's indisputable that the offense scored more TDs under JJ. This is not to say that JJ should be back starting. Neither cole nor Stat (nor I) are making such a claim.

About sums it up.

No, his stats aren't all better than JJ's. Here is where Stat discusses it. You'll notice, if you read through the thread, that Stat even claims at the end that JJ's short passing game stats are better than SW's. And it's indisputable that the offense scored more TDs under JJ. This is not to say that JJ should be back starting. Neither cole nor Stat (nor I) are making such a claim.

Read Stat's update. There's this nugget:

"Auburn had 7 impact plays in the passing game thru 3 games and 5 against MSU. Hopefully this latest improvement will continue."

I don't care how innocently this question was poised; it's a damn "I told you so" question grasping at straws. Give me a break. Now the floater pass on the first drive should have been a pick? Watch any of Sean's highlight reels and you'll see him make that pass several times. What are the differences in Sean and JJ? If you have to ask that question, you're as dense as a chunk of Alexandrite on a Siberian mountainside. Pocket mobility, progression reads, not afraid to stand in and take a freakin hit (which Sean did three times and completed two of them). These are the actual football differences if you don't want to buy in to the "intangibles." If you're going to have an agenda, just state it clearly instead of disguising it as a question "supported" by your theory as fact.

Emotional.

Love how everytime someone shreds your theory, you dismiss it. Lol.

Shred where? I was dismissing the name calling btw. Strike two for you

I like your style AUBritt :) you have a level head and make sure everything you say can't be taken another way and you don't offend posters. Thank you for being a good example

The progression stuff you said is not accurate

Yes it is. MSU was playing two safeties deep most of the game. It doesn't mean we didn't send WR down the field. White read that coverage and knew it wasn't open. He then checked the intermediate routes. If he wasn't going through progressions he would have just instantly thrown the ball out to Thomas or Kerryon Johnson on those plays and he didn't.

About sums it up.

"Auburn had 7 impact plays in the passing game thru 3 games and 5 against MSU. Hopefully this latest improvement will continue."

Right, I saw that. So some of SW's stats are better than JJ's. SW also had fewer turnovers. Again, I'm not suggesting JJ should start in place of SW. I think SW gives us the best chance to win. It's just flat out false, though, to claim that all SW's stats are better than JJ's.

I like your style AUBritt :) you have a level head and make sure everything you say can't be taken another way and you don't offend posters. Thank you for being a good example

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I offend lots of folks; and I'm dead certain things I say can be taken another way!

:cheers:

SW and JJ played the exact type game made the same mistakes. The only difference is that SW is more apt to run but usually that's viewed as a negative for a qb.

I say go with white since he's younger thus more upside and we may as well get the youth movement going at this position as well...But the way many was complaining about EVERY detail of one qb and to not say anything about the same stuff from another qb is funny to me.

I agree, you are confused.and probably are about much in life based on your post. You do get to express your opinion but it is so blatantly ignorant that it does not deserve a counter argument. Your confusion stems from you not having the ability to read body language, pick up on non-verbals or understand the very basics of the game and so we cannot help you. .

About sums it up.

Right, I saw that. So some of SW's stats are better than JJ's. SW also had fewer turnovers. Again, I'm not suggesting JJ should start in place of SW. I think SW gives us the best chance to win. It's just flat out false, though, to claim that all SW's stats are better than JJ's.

Running game execution looks crisper and quicker, too.

I don't know about them playing equally. I though White out performed JJ thus far. Two mistakes. One pick, and one taken sack he should have thrown away. Understandable from freshman. Played well enough for us to win. JJ wasn't doing that. White is also a leader, by the looks of it. Think we could have a 2007 type season; start off very poor and turn it around as we slide into halfway point of season. I think we'll be playing our best fball come iron bowl time.

See I don't understand that leader part and I'm hoping someone could explain it to me what made him look like a leader this game? And I'm being forthright so if you choose to answer I'm not being smart or combative I'd like to just converse and bounce ideas cordially

About sums it up.

I think Stats point was that in the plays we called last night, it wouldn't have made a difference. I don't necessarily agree with that, but he has the evidence to support that theory. His point was critical of play calling, not White, and he wasn't trying to say they are the same.

Well, I've asked Stat to clarify just this point. Here's what he said:

Toss out the last offensive possession and 88% of the pass attempts were within 10-yards of the line of scrimmage. This conservative approach made the quarterback change pointless for the most part. Jeremy Johnson was already completing 84% of his passes without an interception within 10-yards of the line of scrimmage. Not to take away from a gutty performance by Sean White, but Johnson could have produced the same results.

I agree that his main point seems to be to decry the conservative play-calling. But one might also interpret him as suggesting that JJ could have done just as well as SW.

I think cole is suggesting that SW did no better than JJ would have done, or at least that he made the same sorts of mistakes. Now, cole's question, as I see it, is why is SW getting a pass when JJ was getting slammed. I'm suggesting two things:

1) SW did in fact play better than JJ, and

2) Expectations were dramatically different, and people are more disappointed in JJ because of higher expectations.

on many of JJs picks he had guys open in the flats. He didn't have to force them.

I agree, you are confused.and probably are about much in life based on your post. You do get to express your opinion but it is so blatantly ignorant that it does not deserve a counter argument. Your confusion stems from you not having the ability to read body language, pick up on non-verbals or understand the very basics of the game and so we cannot help you. .

I'm a nuclear engineer, you talking about and trying to relate this to life reflects your intellect far more than mine

About sums it up.

I think Stats point was that in the plays we called last night, it wouldn't have made a difference. I don't necessarily agree with that, but he has the evidence to support that theory. His point was critical of play calling, not White, and he wasn't trying to say they are the same.

Well, I've asked Stat to clarify just this point. Here's what he said:

Toss out the last offensive possession and 88% of the pass attempts were within 10-yards of the line of scrimmage. This conservative approach made the quarterback change pointless for the most part. Jeremy Johnson was already completing 84% of his passes without an interception within 10-yards of the line of scrimmage. Not to take away from a gutty performance by Sean White, but Johnson could have produced the same results.

I agree that his main point seems to be to decry the conservative play-calling. But one might also interpret him as suggesting that JJ could have done just as well as SW.

I think cole is suggesting that SW did no better than JJ would have done, or at least that he made the same sorts of mistakes. Now, cole's question, as I see it, is why is SW getting a pass when JJ was getting slammed. I'm suggesting two things:

1) SW did in fact play better than JJ, and

2) Expectations were dramatically different, and people are more disappointed in JJ because of higher expectations.

on many of JJs picks he had guys open in the flats. He didn't have to force them.

I watched games over again and what made me feel may be time to sit was the throw that was almost picked where if he had waited duke at the least would have been one on one with the safety. That's when I said yeah he's gun shy. I didn't see open guys in most of the picks though I was upset he didn't throw it away

About sums it up.

Running game execution looks crisper and quicker, too.

Agreed. I also liked how SW ran the ball. He was much more of a threat to run than JJ.

My thoughts - SW is our QB if he can keep it up. The guy moved the ball. Much more than we could say a week ago. Red zone is an issue for reasons I dont know. I think play calling is the easy answer, but looked like execution may have been as much a part. His first pick was just a rookie mistake and, if you noticed, he moved on from it!

Our O-line and CB #18 (Davis) need to get it together. I almost feel bad for Davis - he is getting picked on something horrible! I saw the improvement I wish we could have seen from week 1 to week 2 instead of 4 games in.

The progression stuff you said is not accurate

Yes it is. MSU was playing two safeties deep most of the game. It doesn't mean we didn't send WR down the field. White read that coverage and knew it wasn't open. He then checked the intermediate routes. If he wasn't going through progressions he would have just instantly thrown the ball out to Thomas or Kerryon Johnson on those plays and he didn't.

From what I saw he did what jj did read the coverage pre snap stared at his first read and then threw it.

SW played a much better game than anything JJ has done this year. Not even close.

If they catch those other two picks same exact game.

Scratch that first bad throw was on same drive of the first int so that sort of cancels out since you couldn't have two int's on the same drive

I thought White played very well for his first start as a redshirt Freshman. He showed leadership, toughness, command of the offense, wasn't rattled, ran well and engineered 4 nice drives into the redzone. He did a nice job. But, I don't see any need to have a thread to compare SW to JJ. All it does is cause negative comments to be posted about one or the other.

From what I saw the offense looked better. Granted it was the eye test but that's what I saw. It's one game so we will know more after next week and UK.

I get the sense you are trying to imply another reason here. Are you?

I'm a nuclear engineer, you talking about and trying to relate this to life reflects your intellect far more than mine

Nothing I said is related to "love"? Being nuclear engineer will not solve your dilemma and help you with understanding the subtleties of reading people and seeing intangible qualities that can't be solved with an equation.

I don't see cole as saying 'haha I told you so'.

I also think comparing the two is a legit question that the coaches better ask -- who is more likely to help us win? Is SW really better than JJ?

But cole is asking a different question: why did we pile on JJ and give SW a pass for the same sort of performance?

Exactly. Two specific questions. You notice how EVERYBODY talked about the jj should've thrown two more picks....Who's mentioned white's? One poster called one of them a thing of beauty

Another example, Johnson's fumble (not the slip throw that's on him) he was hit before he could extend the ball too the hb everybody says it's on him, white fumbled nobody mentions

I don't know how some of the answers could be ANY MORE CLEAR. JJ is a junior who had previous playing experience while Sean is a redshirt freshman with ZERO playing experience. What is it you don't get about that? If Sean doesn't show improvement in time then you can start with this crap but honestly if you couldn't watch JJ's performances and see something was seriously wrong with that young man's ability to be an SEC QB then I can't help you.

What's funny is I'm trying to show you how to look at it deeper than that....But for some reason you're angry about it...

Archived