I'm confused, but sw and jj are the same

cole256

Sean appears to have the "it" factor that QB's must possess. I believe he will be THE leader of the offense before this season is done. I wouldn't count Auburn out of any games remaining. These young people who started last night will only get better with time. Am I saying we will win them all? Of course not, but mark my words...we will win a few that we are not supposed to.

I believe in Auburn and love it!

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SW was throwing a lot of screens because the coaches probably drilled that into him in practice for his first start. He will throw downfield more as he gains experience.

Our O pit up more yards than theirs, so the gameplan worked . . . everywhere but the red zone

White had one bad mistake. He wasn't throwing every third pass to a defender. That may be why he ran more, if nothing was there he took off. He also endured the heaviest pressure of the year by far.

No, he was either taking sacks or he was throwing safe 3 yard passes on 2nd/3rd down and a country mile. You don't see many QB's needing to use a full wind up to throw the ball 5 yards. But alas, that's White for you. The offensive line was far from stellar but, they're getting tons of undeserved flack for not giving White time to throw. 80% of the time, he had plenty of time to throw. The major problems being he couldn't find an open receiver or he was taking too long to release the ball.

I don't see cole as saying 'haha I told you so'.

I also think comparing the two is a legit question that the coaches better ask -- who is more likely to help us win? Is SW really better than JJ?

But cole is asking a different question: why did we pile on JJ and give SW a pass for the same sort of performance?

Exactly. Two specific questions. You notice how EVERYBODY talked about the jj should've thrown two more picks....Who's mentioned white's? One poster called one of them a thing of beauty

Another example, Johnson's fumble (not the slip throw that's on him) he was hit before he could extend the ball too the hb everybody says it's on him, white fumbled nobody mentions.

I'm saying if we're going to demand let's be objective and impartial. Now we talk about the line? I mentioned the line a couple of weeks ago and I was told it wasn't an issue it was jj

SW was throwing a lot of screens because the coaches probably drilled that into him in practice for his first start. He will throw downfield more as he gains experience.

Our O pit up more yards than theirs, so the gameplan worked . . . everywhere but the red zone

In other words, everywhere but where it matters.

In other words, everywhere but where it matters.

How are updykes this obvious allowed to continue here? Thought this was an AU site. This one smells to high heaven and it never improves.

He can't support that argument because he doesn't have enough evidence yet.

I can't support my argument? Thought you knew me better than that

I also think comparing the two is a legit question that the coaches better ask -- who is more likely to help us win? Is SW really better than JJ?

But cole is asking a different question: why did we pile on JJ and give SW a pass for the same sort of performance?

Exactly. Two specific questions. You notice how EVERYBODY talked about the jj should've thrown two more picks....Who's mentioned white's? One poster called one of them a thing of beauty

Another example, Johnson's fumble (not the slip throw that's on him) he was hit before he could extend the ball too the hb everybody says it's on him, white fumbled nobody mentions

I don't know how some of the answers could be ANY MORE CLEAR. JJ is a junior who had previous playing experience while Sean is a redshirt freshman with ZERO playing experience. What is it you don't get about that? If Sean doesn't show improvement in time then you can start with this crap but honestly if you couldn't watch JJ's performances and see something was seriously wrong with that young man's ability to be an SEC QB then I can't help you.

I think you are on to something Cole. I think the constants are:

Both play behind an offensive line that does not pick up a blitz (particularly if it is disguised) very well.

Both are hampered by play calling that refuses to acknowledge the strengths of the offense and the weaknesses of the defense.

The second factor is inexplicable considering that is one of the things CGM is known for.

Another example, Johnson's fumble (not the slip throw that's on him) he was hit before he could extend the ball too the hb everybody says it's on him, white fumbled nobody mentions.

I'm saying if we're going to demand let's be objective and impartial. Now we talk about the line? I mentioned the line a couple of weeks ago and I was told it wasn't an issue it was jj

Well, I mentioned that SW should have had at least one more pick. But I honestly do think the difference in criticism level is down to the difference in expectation level. We expected WAY too much from JJ, and he got the bulk of the criticism.

With SW in there now, and with our lowered expectations of him, a lot of folks will be more open to seeing other deficiencies in the team.

Right now, the main issue people seem to have is with the playcalling on O.

You aren't comparing two juniors, you are comparing a true junior with four starts to a redshirt freshman with one start. There isn't enough evidence yet for a comparison. Give it time. This thread is premature at best.

Oh and btw if Sean is close to Jeremy Sean should start. He didn't play bad. I like his confidence. He even answered questions like Jeremy though. I'm saying we should look at coaching or I guess I should say development if they're making the same mistakes and having the same strengths

Who blamed jj for that fumble other than some goofballs? When jj performance has been critiqued who recalls his problem with fumbling?

Both fumbles by both qbs were due to getting trucked which can happen to any qb.

Too often you try to support your arguments with what some doofuses on the boards say. No one credible on the board is slamming jj for his fumble other than maybe in the heat of the game thread.

Why worry about what a few idiots say? If you respond to it you are arguing with idiots. JJ's issues were reading defenses, the resulting ints, and the resulting lack of confidence and associated nerves.

I don't care how innocently this question was poised; it's a damn "I told you so" question grasping at straws. Give me a break. Now the floater pass on the first drive should have been a pick? Watch any of Sean's highlight reels and you'll see him make that pass several times. What are the differences in Sean and JJ? If you have to ask that question, you're as dense as a chunk of Alexandrite on a Siberian mountainside. Pocket mobility, progression reads, not afraid to stand in and take a freakin hit (which Sean did three times and completed two of them). These are the actual football differences if you don't want to buy in to the "intangibles." If you're going to have an agenda, just state it clearly instead of disguising it as a question "supported" by your theory as fact.

You aren't comparing two juniors, you are comparing a true junior with four starts to a redshirt freshman with one start. There isn't enough evidence yet for a comparison. Give it time. This thread is premature at best.

I mean the big jump is that second year. But I am taking it into account because I'm saying if they're close Sean should start because jj should be better. But as far as people saying Sean is more cerebral, more accurate, more elusive, and all that didn't look the same. Don't tell me he's more cerebral, better decision maker then when he throws a ball into triple coverage twice say oh well....

But you're so offended you feel like I'm trying to say white isn't good or something. But you're a sw fan I understand. I was a jj fan but I had to understand sw may be better for the team. But I'm going to judge them the same

Oh and btw if Sean is close to Jeremy Sean should start. He didn't play bad. I like his confidence. He even answered questions like Jeremy though. I'm saying we should look at coaching or I guess I should say development if they're making the same mistakes and having the same strengths

I noticed that they sounded the same in the postgame interview, too. It didn't fill me with confidence. There is definitely something wrong with the way they are being coached (and here, I'm including the playcalling). I'm not convinced that Gus has become a bad playcaller, so it seems to come down to Rhett. If Rhett is the issue, then I think it's a legit question whether Gus will be able to make a hard call and remedy that situation soon.

Sean looked better than JJ in terms of running and pulling the ball down when folks were covered. He needs to learn when to throw the ball away, though (keeping the ball instead of getting rid of it really hurt our final drive). I also did like how he ran the ball on the option plays. Not sure whether they were called or reads, but he looked good.

To answer Cole's question...

I haven't ripped JJ on here but I certainly agree he should have been benched. In my mind, I kinda gave SW a break because I expected more from JJ and I feel like I can make better excuses for SW mistakes instead of JJ. I think if things were different-maybe better O line play, better play calling, receivers getting open, no pre-season Heisman hype, my belief is that JJ would be in a different situation now. As for now, I personally think SW is looking better and has more potential. It'll be interesting to compare the 2 after a few more games with SW as the starter

I don't care how innocently this question was poised; it's a damn "I told you so" question grasping at straws. Give me a break. Now the floater pass on the first drive should have been a pick? Watch any of Sean's highlight reels and you'll see him make that pass several times. What are the differences in Sean and JJ? If you have to ask that question, you're as dense as a chunk of Alexandrite on a Siberian mountainside. Pocket mobility, progression reads, not afraid to stand in and take a freakin hit (which Sean did three times and completed two of them). These are the actual football differences if you don't want to buy in to the "intangibles." If you're going to have an agenda, just state it clearly instead of disguising it as a question "supported" by your theory as fact.

Emotional.

The deep pass was taken away due to the deep safeties. I don't think Sean was scared as much as he didn't have that option due to the safeties playing so deep.

So defensive coordinators have figured out how to beat Gus's genius system?

This

I think you are on to something Cole. I think the constants are:

Both play behind an offensive line that does not pick up a blitz (particularly if it is disguised) very well.

Both are hampered by play calling that refuses to acknowledge the strengths of the offense and the weaknesses of the defense.

The second factor is inexplicable considering that is one of the things CGM is known for.

I think SW played better but there are points to ponder.

How can we run block so well and pass block so horrifically? I think its the offensive passing scheme and lack of a "blitz solution".

Who blamed jj for that fumble other than some goofballs? When jj performance has been critiqued who recalls his problem with fumbling?

Both fumbles by both qbs were due to getting trucked which can happen to any qb.

Too often you try to support your arguments with what some doofuses on the boards say. No one credible on the board is slamming jj for his fumble other than maybe in the heat of the game thread.

Why worry about what a few idiots say? If you respond to it you are arguing with idiots. JJ's issues were reading defenses, the resulting ints, and the resulting lack of confidence and associated nerves.

This is going to sound like I'm being smart but I'm not. But I don't know how to judge who's credible and who's not. Like when you're not angry we have good debates, but when you get angry you may say I'm not credible. I feel I am though, I know football, at least I think but what if your opinion vary with me? You see what I'm saying because I don't think I expressed that well

Emotional.

Love how everytime someone shreds your theory, you dismiss it. Lol.

The deep pass was taken away due to the deep safeties. I don't think Sean was scared as much as he didn't have that option due to the safeties playing so deep.

So defensive coordinators have figured out how to beat Gus's genius system?

no. we ran it on them all game. if we dont continuously have unforced errors on first down and red zone goofs, we run and score on them then they have to bring those safeties back down. then the qb and coach must make the play calls and reads to stretch the field. we did run it on them but didnt finish enough to make them compensate for it. they took away our big play potential and we goofed up what they gave us.

Archived