I'm confused, but sw and jj are the same

cole256

I thought White played very well for his first start as a redshirt Freshman. He showed leadership, toughness, command of the offense, wasn't rattled, ran well and engineered 4 nice drives into the redzone. He did a nice job. But, I don't see any need to have a thread to compare SW to JJ. All it does is cause negative comments to be posted about one or the other.

I think the thread got sidetracked. Cole's initial question was why are folks giving SW a pass when they were piling on JJ for the same things SW did. I think it's due to the different expectation levels. But people got all interested in comparing SW and JJ, so that's where the thread went.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I saw the offense looked better. Granted it was the eye test but that's what I saw. It's one game so we will know more after next week and UK.

I get the sense you are trying to imply another reason here. Are you?

I felt like Gus decided to run the ball alot more is the biggest reason of success but the times he did get cute and put white in the positions jj was in like 3rd&7's and when we shot ourselves in the foot with offsides and things of that nature it was the EXACT SAME RESULT

I thought White played very well for his first start as a redshirt Freshman. He showed leadership, toughness, command of the offense, wasn't rattled, ran well and engineered 4 nice drives into the redzone. He did a nice job. But, I don't see any need to have a thread to compare SW to JJ. All it does is cause negative comments to be posted about one or the other.

I think the thread got sidetracked. Cole's initial question was why are folks giving SW a pass when they were piling on JJ for the same things SW did. I think it's due to the different expectation levels. But people got all interested in comparing SW and JJ, so that's where the thread went.

Because of emotional responses. And the last three weeks there's been alot of comparing and negative comments...this is sort of my point

Which is exactly what I said is caused by a thread like this.

Because of emotional responses. And the last three weeks there's been alot of comparing and negative comments...this is sort of my point

Yeah, I know .... I think a lot of people are misreading your intentions.

From what I saw the offense looked better. Granted it was the eye test but that's what I saw. It's one game so we will know more after next week and UK.

I felt like Gus decided to run the ball alot more is the biggest reason of success but the times he did get cute and put white in the positions jj was in like 3rd&7's and when we shot ourselves in the foot with offsides and things of that nature it was the EXACT SAME RESULT

I need to go back and look at the first three games. It seemed like we ran a lot then but with less success. I want to see what we do over the next two games for fairness.

SW and JJ played the exact type game made the same mistakes. The only difference is that SW is more apt to run but usually that's viewed as a negative for a qb.

I say go with white since he's younger thus more upside and we may as well get the youth movement going at this position as well...But the way many was complaining about EVERY detail of one qb and to not say anything about the same stuff from another qb is funny to me.

I agree, you are confused.and probably are about much in life based on your post. You do get to express your opinion but it is so blatantly ignorant that it does not deserve a counter argument. Your confusion stems from you not having the ability to read body language, pick up on non-verbals or understand the very basics of the game and so we cannot help you. .

I'm a nuclear engineer, you talking about and trying to relate this to life reflects your intellect far more than mine

Nothing I said is related to "love"? Being nuclear engineer will not solve your dilemma and help you with understanding the subtleties of reading people and seeing intangible qualities that can't be solved with an equation.

The fact you still put love in this quote after the typo tells me much about you. Debating isn't your thing, you shouldn't. And you don't know ANYTHING about me to even come to the conclusions you make. If you knew my background then maybe you could have made that little attack work.

But I want get personal on this board. It's pointless, everybody is superman on a CPU, besides me I'm spider man

I need to go back and look at the first three games. It seemed like we ran a lot then but with less success. I want to see what we do over the next two games for fairness.

I think he learned from the LSU and maybe even grumblings about barber didn't get carries the LSU game. Next week is San Jose st so I don't know about that being a barometer but hell before the season started I'd had said that about Jax st and Kentucky too lol

I'm not 100% supportive of the execution of the thread; but I'm confident cole meant well when he started it. Not sure whether folks have noticed, but cole has been one of the most supportive (yet still critical) posters of the team. As I read him, cole just wants is to take a more critical look at ourselves (being critical of players, coaches, or the team). Nothing wrong with that motive, in my book.

I'm not 100% supportive of the execution of the thread; but I'm confident cole meant well when he started it. Not sure whether folks have noticed, but cole has been one of the most supportive (yet still critical) posters of the team. As I read him, cole just wants is to take a more critical look at ourselves (being critical of players, coaches, or the team). Nothing wrong with that motive, in my book.

I replied to a couple of comments that I shouldn't have and I have a couple of posters who let's say are ready to be combative of past disagreements. I was hoping some level head posters would reply as well though and then we'd talk about it.

The you're stupid posts from guys who I haven't seen post unless it was when things were bad I said I'd ignore but I didn't and that's my bad

It's impossible to read cole in any other way than what he posts every 2 seconds. He argues ad nauseum with anyone who suggest that SW performed better than JJ. He does not want discussion of who is better, he wants succession from everyone here that SW was not better than JJ and any statement to the contrary will be attacked and the poster belittled. I applaud your effort to defend someone, but Cole is not being misunderstood. He is on every thread on this topic barking the same exact things and attacking anyone that doesn't agree. No misunderstanding here.

The deep pass was taken away due to the deep safeties. I don't think Sean was scared as much as he didn't have that option due to the safeties playing so deep.

So defensive coordinators have figured out how to beat Gus's genius system?

I think this is Rhett's system that Gus needs too take back over.

It's impossible to read cole in any other way than what he posts every 2 seconds. He argues ad nauseum with anyone who suggest that SW performed better than JJ. He does not want discussion of who is better, he wants succession from everyone here that SW was not better than JJ and any statement to the contrary will be attacked and the poster belittled. I applaud your effort to defend someone, but Cole is not being misunderstood. He is on every thread on this topic barking the same exact things and attacking anyone that doesn't agree. No misunderstanding here.

Completely not true, but yes if I state they play the same and you state sw was better then I'm going to say why I felt they were the same and then I'd assume you'd state why you feel sw was better...we're doing the same exact thing.

I find it funny you of all people say this. People called you a troll and said stuff about you being negative and you said you were just giving an opinion and what you see. I guess I'm not saying what you want to hear and now you're doing the same....that's ironic

Just kidding cole. Don't take me too seriously :)/>

Lol no problem. That was one of the lighter names lol.

Well, lots of things rhyme with cole; so maybe not ....

:dunno::big:

This is a knee jerk thread. If Cole would have waited until after a period of time to allow enough evidence to compare, it might have been received in a better way. This sounds more like sour grapes than an honest critique.

Completely not true, but yes if I state they play the same and you state sw was better then I'm going to say why I felt they were the same and then I'd assume you'd state why you feel sw was better...we're doing the same exact thing.

I find it funny you of all people say this. People called you a troll and said stuff about you being negative and you said you were just giving an opinion and what you see. I guess I'm not saying what you want to hear and now you're doing the same....that's ironic

And the attacks continue. Have never seen anyone call me a troll. I was negative about a lot of things, and most have improved. And , I didn't attack you, I said you aren't misunderstood and provided the pattern of why I believed so. Thanks for proving my point. Carry on

This is a knee jerk thread. If Cole would have waited until after a period of time to allow enough evidence to compare, it might have been received in a better way. This sounds more like sour grapes than an honest critique.

I must admit, your posts are the one that make me feel a type of way. We are familiar with each other and you're attacking my credibility and character...messed up. You know I say what I feel. And if you go back and read the Louisville game and show me there was no criticism then you're right....But if you yourself criticized the first game you're being a hypocrite

That's all well and good but my comment was about "a thread like this", not the originator of the thread or motives.

And the attacks continue. Have never seen anyone call me a troll. I was negative about a lot of things, and most have improved. And , I didn't attack you, I said you aren't misunderstood and provided the pattern of why I believed so. Thanks for proving my point. Carry on

Attacks?? I attacked you? When did I say you attacked me? No credibility,Man really stop talking to me.

Just kidding cole. Don't take me too seriously :)/>

Lol no problem. That was one of the lighter names lol.

Well, lots of things rhyme with cole; so maybe not ....

:dunno:/> :big:/>

I am swole.....yeah that's what he meant LOL

I must admit, your posts are the one that make me feel a type of way. We are familiar with each other and you're attacking my credibility and character...messed up. You know I say what I feel. And if you go back and read the Louisville game and show me there was no criticism then you're right....But if you yourself criticized the first game you're being a hypocrite

I'm not attacking you or your credibility. I am attacking your argument, which isn't valid. YET. If after three more games Auburn is in the same spot, I will absolutely agree with you. To compare two things, you have to have an adequate amount of evidence.

I'm not attacking you or your credibility. I am attacking your argument, which isn't valid. YET. If after three more games Auburn is in the same spot, I will absolutely agree with you. To compare two things, you have to have an adequate amount of evidence.

That's your opinion and I respect it but you said something about sour grapes as opposed to what I'm saying, but whatever cool you're right this is no time to be sensitive. And I'm more talking about the type of mistakes but you all focused on who's better

Archived