Duke Williams dismissed

mustache eagle

I wasn't saying he shouldn't be off the team although I don't know what exactly happened. But the yes he's off as if some didn't want him on the team is sort of messed up imo.

I was his biggest fan after last year and going into this season, but by the middle of the MSU game, it was clear to me from what I saw him do in games that he had quit on this team. For that reason, I am glad he's no longer on the roster. But that's kind of the theme of the season for me. I was glad when Sean White was named the starter over Jeremy Johnson. I'm glad that Jovon Robinson isn't playing after he disrespected his head coach on the sideline during a game. Would I rather Duke have given even 75% effort, Jeremy would not have had a mental breakdown and Jovon Robinson still be out there trucking LBs? Of course, but I can wish in one hand and **** in the other and we'd see which one filled up first.

We are Bizarro Auburn. Everything is wrong and upside down. Good Duke left the building quite some time ago, and now it's time for Bad Duke to go find him. May they meet each other again on an NFL roster again someday.

Well I noticed he had some bad drops early but I think most were on jj sucking thing they didn't notice. Football is somewhat like basketball as far as handling double teams. Being a number 1 wr wasn't a guarantee for him.

But as far as fights I hold off judgment because what if it was something like a dude spit on him. Or have you ever saw the movie the program? If so what if a situation like that happened as far as dude approached him and swung.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't saying he shouldn't be off the team although I don't know what exactly happened. But the yes he's off as if some didn't want him on the team is sort of messed up imo.

I was his biggest fan after last year and going into this season, but by the middle of the MSU game, it was clear to me from what I saw him do in games that he had quit on this team. For that reason, I am glad he's no longer on the roster. But that's kind of the theme of the season for me. I was glad when Sean White was named the starter over Jeremy Johnson. I'm glad that Jovon Robinson isn't playing after he disrespected his head coach on the sideline during a game. Would I rather Duke have given even 75% effort, Jeremy would not have had a mental breakdown and Jovon Robinson still be out there trucking LBs? Of course, but I can wish in one hand and **** in the other and we'd see which one filled up first.

We are Bizarro Auburn. Everything is wrong and upside down. Good Duke left the building quite some time ago, and now it's time for Bad Duke to go find him. May they meet each other again on an NFL roster again someday.

Well I noticed he had some bad drops early but I think most were on jj sucking thing they didn't notice. Football is somewhat like basketball as far as handling double teams. Being a number 1 wr wasn't a guarantee for him.

But as far as fights I hold off judgment because what if it was something like a dude spit on him. Or have you ever saw the movie the program? If so what if a situation like that happened as far as dude approached him and swung.

Some people just don't get it.

I don't judge him for the fighting, either. I didn't before the season and I still don't, especially since I don't know what happened in any of the situations.

So with Duke gone, will the OL start blocking better?

Will the QB read the D better and throw better passes?

Will the RBs get bigger, find holes and run better?

Will the D stop the opposition from running the ball?

Duke wasn't all thats wrong with this team.

Dunno about the above but I do hope the wr taking his spot will run the pass routes as if he is the intended receiver whether he is or not.

You seem to be arguing against a point that no one is making.

You seem to be arguing against a point that no one is making.

Easiest way to win an argument. ;)

So who's up next? Who's the number 1 now? Will we finally see Stevens play?

Would like to see someone who will bust is a*** blocking on those little swing passes and quick passes that Gus likes on first down. Is that Stevens?

So who's up next? Who's the number 1 now? Will we finally see Stevens play?

Hopefully Smith can be that stretch-the-field guy. Louis and Ray seem to be the go-to possession receivers. Truitt's going to get a lot more work, I think. Davis is another solid possession receiver when he's open. I've also wondered about Stevens. With the RBs getting a lot of the targets, I'm not sure there's much work left for anybody else, but who knows.

I just hope some of those guys do step up with Williams gone. Honestly, not many of them have earned targets so far. Don't know how much of that was on Duke (probably not as much as we'd hope), how much of it is on talent (shouldn't be much, these guys are all 4*s) and how much of it is on CDC (yeah, I got nothin' for ya, Coach).

I don't judge him for the fighting, either. I didn't before the season and I still don't, especially since I don't know what happened in any of the situations.

the key is there were "several " situations. Either he has piss poor luck or he creates or contributes to these situations. You don't have four or five fights in 18 months at 21 years old and not have issues. I hate it. I liked him as a player and we needed him. I wish he could have hid it two more months. Eventually someone gets dead. If that happens I prefer he be with the raiders rather than hanging out in auburn.

Stevens would be the only guy I'd be worried about in the redzone and that's if what they said about him was true but I guess everything we heard over the summer is questionable. I'm with AU64, whoever really does the little things right now I'd play. Our qb will be screwed though, it's bad enough watching cam play with the group of receivers he has....

the key is there were "several " situations. Either he has piss poor luck or he creates or contributes to these situations. You don't have four or five fights in 18 months at 21 years old and not have issues. I hate it. I liked him as a player and we needed him. I wish he could have hid it two more months. Eventually someone gets dead. If that happens I prefer he be with the raiders rather than hanging out in auburn.

It's just so much is speculation who really knows? Like has he really had 5 fights? I thought this would be number two?

It's just so much is speculation who really knows? Like has he really had 5 fights? I thought this would be number two?

Thing is, I have to question his judgment if he really was on a zero-tolerance policy with Gus. If being on the team is really important to me, and I'm on a zero tolerance policy as far as fighting goes, then I'm going to walk away from a fight. Either football just isn't that important to him, or he can't control himself.

I completely agree that he probably has some problems upstairs. I'm willing to chalk those up to upbringing, environment, chemical imbalances, etc.. But I don't know the specifics, so I won't spend too much time worrying about it.

What I do know a little more about is what I saw him do in football games. What I saw in 2014 was an extremely rare and special football player. What I saw in 2015 was a guy who had no interest in winning football games. So I'm glad that he's free to spend his time how he wishes, and I'm glad it happened sooner rather than later.

And good post as usual, AUbritt.

Thing is, I have to question his judgment if he really was on a zero-tolerance policy with Gus. If being on the team is really important to me, and I'm on a zero tolerance policy as far as fighting goes, then I'm going to walk away from a fight. Either football just isn't that important to him, or he can't control himself.

I question his just being there. But what if he just got rocked? After he wakes up wasn't he still in a fight? Or what if he got punched and didn't have an option to walk away? I've never been in a fight where one punch was thrown and you just sit there and have a walk away option. I'm not saying this happened I'm just saying if these had happened would he still be kicked off the team

There was the suspension prior to last year's Outback Bowl game, where Williams posted a picture to Instagram of himself with a black eye. Williams had a good spring, but this was followed by the incident during the summer with the fight with Trayvon Reed. And now this.

That would be three known "fights" in less than a year. There could have been some other, unreported incidents.

I question his just being there. But what if he just got rocked? After he wakes up wasn't he still in a fight? Or what if he got punched and didn't have an option to walk away? I've never been in a fight where one punch was thrown and you just sit there and have a walk away option. I'm not saying this happened I'm just saying if these had happened would he still be kicked off the team

Well, if someone just walked up to me and punched me, I'd say I was assaulted, not that I was in a fight. But you are also right that he probably just should've stayed home, or at least out of the bar.

So we know the trayvon reed thing was real? And who was the black eye thing from? And this last thing etheridge said he would have done the same thing and he was a leadership and high character guy. So I guess that's my point so much speculation to just say yes I'm glad he's gone he was hurting the team. Who really knows? Just my opinion of course

Well, if someone just walked up to me and punched me, I'd say I was assaulted, not that I was in a fight. But you are also right that he probably just should've stayed home, or at least out of the bar.

If you're on a zero tolerance policy I don't see any other way around that

If you're on a zero tolerance policy I don't see any other way around that

I don't know the details, obviously. But if he just got mugged/asaulted, I'd think Gus wouldn't consider that getting into a fight. I know I wouldn't.

:dunno:

So we know the trayvon reed thing was real? And who was the black eye thing from? And this last thing etheridge said he would have done the same thing and he was a leadership and high character guy. So I guess that's my point so much speculation to just say yes I'm glad he's gone he was hurting the team. Who really knows? Just my opinion of course

What we do know is that he was suspended from the bowl game for something, he was held out of fall camp for something and he's now been kicked off the team for something. That's 3 serious somethings in less than a year. Do the specifics matter?

And just so you're not alone in a vacuum, I'm not glad that a serial fighter got kicked off the team. Quite honestly, a little more sack might be exactly what this team needs. What I'm happy about is a guy who refused to give effort on the field will no longer be on it.

Well like I said this last thing etheridge said he'd had done the same thing. So the last one he may have gotten screwed. But yeah we need some fire and fight right now. Need least 3 or 4 people that know they are as good or better than anybody they play in the country.

Well like I said this last thing etheridge said he'd had done the same thing. So the last one he may have gotten screwed. But yeah we need some fire and fight right now. Need least 3 or 4 people that know they are as good or better than anybody they play in the country.

Could judge better if we knew the details. Maybe Etheridge is just saying that to make Duke feel better.

What's beyond doubt is that we need some leadership on and for this team.

Yeah, he might've gotten caught in that last one, but folks closer to the situation than us still thought it best for him to go. I realize that Gus's management of this team is highly suspect this week, but he needs a stud WR more than we do right now, lol.

What's sad is that we had 5 or 6 people who knew they are as good as anybody they play in the country but none of them can stay on the field.

Archived