Jason Smith to Get His Shot?

Weegle777

I think SW starts. If all goes well we will see some wildcat involving JS or others. IF SW doesn't do well.....JJ. JMHO

Wrong. JJ will be announced starter tonight after practice...

Do you know this because you have an actual inside connection, or because you read this rumor that was posted on another board?

Actual inside information. I've been saying and told JJ would be starting since last week. TIFWIW....

Cool. I'd seen a post about this on another forum but didn't know what stock to put in it.

Oh sorry about that. I am only a member of this board and Auburn 247. But yea, that information is what I heard. I assume wherever that post was might be right as well. I am just relaying what I heard from actual inside info...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think SW starts. If all goes well we will see some wildcat involving JS or others. IF SW doesn't do well.....JJ. JMHO

Bold statement there.

Bold statement there.

Yep. We will know VERY SOON if 101 has a legit source or not! If it doesn't happen I say we ban him!!!!

Lol....j/k 101

Just realize you have opened yourself to weeks or months of doubt if this doesn't happen (and I don't mean from myself). I hope for common sense sake you are wrong and for your sake you are right...perplexing

Man half of you just speak a bunch of cliches....and I know I didn't read somebody say SW was pretty fast....

Man half of you just speak a bunch of cliches....and I know I didn't read somebody say SW was pretty fast....

He clarified in relation to cox, todd etc. And me, he's like twice as fast as me.

Bold statement there.

Yep. We will know VERY SOON if 101 has a legit source or not! If it doesn't happen I say we ban him!!!!

Lol....j/k 101

Just realize you have opened yourself to weeks or months of doubt if this doesn't happen (and I don't mean from myself). I hope for common sense sake you are wrong and for your sake you are right...perplexing

Haha, I know. I'll admit if I'm wrong, just thought I would pass along some information from a friend of mine who works in the AD. Things can change, but my friend told me since last week and this morning that he's hearing JJ. I'm surprised it hasn't been announced yet though. Again, I don't mind the backlash, if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it.

Actual inside information. I've been saying and told JJ would be starting since last week. TIFWIW....

So on one hand the staff is going on about all positions being open to competition during practice blah blah and on the other hand told random AD staff member LAST WEEK that JJ would be the starter. If true, maybe there is something to that rumor that the players aren't buying in to this coaching staff.

Bold statement there.

Lol....j/k 101

Haha, I know. I'll admit if I'm wrong, just thought I would pass along some information from a friend of mine who works in the AD. Things can change, but my friend told me since last week and this morning that he's hearing JJ. I'm surprised it hasn't been announced yet though. Again, I don't mind the backlash, if I'm wrong, I'll own up to it.

Not saying you're wrong, but you would be far from the first let down by a source in the AD dept.

Jay Tate says he fully believes it's going to be Sean starting.

I don't know how I feel about that. I still think we can have a higher ceiling of success with JJ if he screws his head on straight.

If you're wrong you'll need to log off for a couple of days

When you guys hear fast you're thinking of Nick Marshall speed. I'm not saying that the kid can fly, but I don't think he would be incapable of running Gus' traditional offense. If he was he wouldn't be here. We don't have to have a guy who can break 70 yard runs. We need a guy who runs well enough to keep the defense honest. I believe SW can do that if he is given the opportunity to run the offense.

Jay Tate says he fully believes it's going to be Sean starting.

So to clarify:

101--JJ starts...book it

WDE--JJ gets a chance in the 2cnd

Tate--SW starts

Internet--Jason Smith to start?

Atleast 2 of these are wrong....

I have been saying this for the past few weeks. Gus should start SW, but if it becomes apparent that he is just not doing the job at the level we need to win games left for the rest of the season. If this happens, I feel the JS may very well be the missing piece of Gus' puzzle.

If you're wrong you'll need to log off for a couple of days

When you guys hear fast you're thinking of Nick Marshall speed. I'm not saying that the kid can fly, but I don't think he would be incapable of running Gus' traditional offense. If he was he wouldn't be here. We don't have to have a guy who can break 70 yard runs. We need a guy who runs well enough to keep the defense honest. I believe SW can do that if he is given the opportunity to run the offense.

No when I hear fast I think of fast and he's not. He also looked decent running against msu, he didn't look good running against San Jose at all. Either way he didn't secure the ball well at all when he did run so you didn't want him running either way until they coach him up a little with that. Problem is you guys see one run for a first then think that's good. You don't want SW running the ball at all in reality

Does anyone have any information as to how fast SW's 40 time? My guess.....yes it is guess....is around a 4.65-4.70. Not fast as Marshall's 40 time. I think NM's time was around a 4.55-4.60. I think that JS's 40 would be in the 4.55 range or a bit faster. JJ's time is likely a 4.7 give of take a sneeze. SW should be allowed to run in order to make this offensive scheme work the way it is designed.

If the QB does not run much, then the entire offensive scheme becomes one that does not do very well at all.

4.65?!?!

5:05 is what is listed, he appears faster however not much.

http://espn.go.com/c...5822/sean-white

and there is this apparently has has great feet but not breakaway ability

"He puts the ball where it's supposed to be," said 247Sports analyst Keith Niebuhr, who covered White in high school. "Often times he knows so well where the receiver will be, he can sling it anticipating where he will be."

White's 10-yard split in the 40-yard dash is quick, Mastrole said, and rivals many of the quarterbacks he has trained, including former Alabama quarterback Blake Sims. He's not as fast in the open field, but he can tuck and run when a first down is needed.

Does anyone have any information as to how fast SW's 40 time? My guess.....yes it is guess....is around a 4.65-4.70. Not fast as Marshall's 40 time. I think NM's time was around a 4.55-4.60. I think that JS's 40 would be in the 4.55 range or a bit faster. JJ's time is likely a 4.7 give of take a sneeze. SW should be allowed to run in order to make this offensive scheme work the way it is designed.

If the QB does not run much, then the entire offensive scheme becomes one that does not do very well at all.

JS is probably faster than Jeremy.

Smith is much faster than this. JJ's time is around a 4.5. Not sure about White, but it is by far the slowest of the three. It baffles me what happened withJJ. He is a lot more mobile than he looked in the first few games. Not sure if it is play calling or something else. Either way, White is a cookie cutter example of a pocket passer and is not very mobile. I think people are making too much out of one good run that he had.

As for Smith, I'll say the same thing that I've said every other time this has come up. He will not start at qb. He lasted less than a week at that position before moving to receiver. If he showed any promise throwing the ball, Gus would have left him at QB for longer. Seems likely that he can't be counted on to throw consistently, and is more than likely much worse than what we've had on the field thus far. If Smith starts at qb, it means that Gus has lost confidence in our quarterbacks and is planning to do virtually no passing.

Smith is much faster than this. JJ's time is around a 4.5. Not sure about White, but it is by far the slowest of the three. It baffles me what happened withJJ. He is a lot more mobile than he looked in the first few games. Not sure if it is play calling or something else. Either way, White is a cookie cutter example of a pocket passer and is not very mobile. I think people are making too much out of one good run that he had.

As for Smith, I'll say the same thing that I've said every other time this has come up. He will not start at qb. He lasted less than a week at that position before moving to receiver. If he showed any promise throwing the ball, Gus would have left him at QB for longer. Seems likely that he can't be counted on to throw consistently, and is more than likely much worse than what we've had on the field thus far. If Smith starts at qb, it means that Gus has lost confidence in our quarterbacks and is planning to do virtually no passing.

Jason was timed at MGCCC and his time was 4.4ish. I suspect some times were higher some were lower. 4.4 is what I would go with.

Then there is this

You're right. He won't start at QB but the reason he was moved so quickly had nothing to do with ability. JJ had been anointed the starter and we needed bodies at WR. So, really, JS never was given a chance to play QB. He realized it too and asked to be moved to WR so he could play.

I think NM's time was around a 4.55-4.60. I think that JS's 40 would be in the 4.55 range or a bit faster. JJ's time is likely a 4.7 give of take a sneeze.

Nick ran a 4.54 at the NFL combine, which uses only lasers.

Jason Smith is most likely right at that time as well from what I've seen/read. They've said he runs a 4.4 but I'm assuming that's hand timed.

Jeremy is around 4.8 ... his 100 time would probably be nice though, he just takes more steps to get up to top speed.

Sean is probably 4.9. I disagree about him not being very mobile. He might not be mobile like a dual threat QB, but he is mobile in the way that Aaron Rodgers is

Archived