Adams, Lawson, Coleman / NFL Next Year?

AuburnNTexas

JMO,

I doubt Lawson gets drafted at this point. He basically has no resume. He has only played in a handful of games and he has terrific potential. The thing going against him we all know is that he can't seem to stay healthy (not hurt) for an extended time. If I was an NFL evaluator (and I know I am not), knowing my job is on the line with the people I recommend, I personally could not reccommend drafting Lawson at this point knowing that if he does not play, this will not look good for our team and me personally. I need to see more.

Again, this is just my opinion.

So you wouldn't take a 1st round talent in say the 5th-7th rounds? Really? Because you think you're going to get a stud player with one of those picks LOL?

You are very wrong on this subject. Hilariously wrong.

He's had two injuries which have kept him out extensively. Its not a bunch of random nagging injuries that pop up weekly. When he has played, he's made obviously noticeable impacts on the game. It isn't a long resume, but its pretty clear what type of ability he can bring.

It's just so many other guys playing on the field putting up production, if I was a GM, his health would be my main concern. Particularly can he stay healthy. All the ability means nothing if you can't stay on the field.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just so many other guys playing on the field putting up production, if I was a GM, his health would be my main concern. Particularly can he stay healthy. All the ability means nothing if you can't stay on the field.

Even if he never stays healthy, taking the risk of a late round pick is literally nothing. Chances are your late round pick wont even make the team,and you're sitting here trying to tell me its not worth taking Lawson because he may get hurt? Seriously?

He's had 2 injuries. Not 20.

If ANY of you are saying you wouldn't draft Lawson there is a very high probability you just don't understand the NFL draft

If ANY of you are saying you wouldn't draft Lawson there is a very high probability you just don't understand the NFL draft

He is a gamble most teams would roll the dice on. I could see later rounds. And if I were him, I'd probably go for it.

what don't I understand?

Isn't Lawson a true soph and therefore not eligible for NFL before his 3rd year after high school ?

what don't I understand?

How many years Carl has been at Auburn

months... it seems

I had actually read http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/carl_lawson_854686.html all wrong.

Shows he played in 2013 and missed 2014 :dunno:

under class it list's sophomore... so duh' I too it at face value.

without reading his resume.... we all know he's pretty good

Is the OP some type of troll? Us sending anybody to the league early is absolutely laughable!! Lol.

I saw the LOL and know you were laughing but as hard as it seems to be to believe Auburn has more 1st year football players on NFL Rosters then any other college team. That is including practice squads and IR. If only on actual squads we are tied for 1st. What that means is the great recruiting was great and the players have talent but our coaches were not always able to get them to play to their talent level.

I originally had CL has fairly low % for going to NFL this year but if he is really healthy and plays rest of year and doesn't get hurt then I think his stock goes up to 2-3rd round assuming he plays up to our expectations and then he probably is gone. Assuming he does play well that will help MA also and his stock will also go up and he is probably gone also.

Is the OP some type of troll? Us sending anybody to the league early is absolutely laughable!! Lol.

I saw the LOL and know you were laughing but as hard as it seems to be to believe Auburn has more 1st year football players on NFL Rosters then any other college team. That is including practice squads and IR. If only on actual squads we are tied for 1st. What that means is the great recruiting was great and the players have talent but our coaches were not always able to get them to play to their talent level.

I originally had CL has fairly low % for going to NFL this year but if he is really healthy and plays rest of year and doesn't get hurt then I think his stock goes up to 2-3rd round assuming he plays up to our expectations and then he probably is gone. Assuming he does play well that will help MA also and his stock will also go up and he is probably gone also.

Well it's pretty much in his mind only his favorite players are able to go to the league. What's actually funny those guys that's his favorite players probably aren't the players with NFL potential

If all these players leave, what makes anyone think we'll be better next year? I doubt it happens, buuutt...

Realistic best case scenario is 18 ret. starters next year, realistic worst case is 12.

Nope.You have a corner on the troll market here. Might also want to actually research nfl rosters too there uater.

I would expect with no more plays this year, Lawson would be around 3rd or 4th round pick. If he gets back in for a couple games and looks even close to what he did against Louisville, he may end up in the early 2cnd round. A guy with his injury luck would be insane to not get that money while he can versus risking another college injury with zero money. He can always come back and get his degree. He only has 1 or 2 shots ever at the NFL. I say he's gone regardless.

EDIT:

Cue the guy from last year that yelled at everyone on here about trying to convince our players to leave early and how we are despicable people for doing so...blah blah blah...I'm sure he'll start this again soon. I think its been 2 years in a row he's done this,...what would it be without a third?

Oh yeah, screaming at the top of his lungs guy about how bad someone is for encouraging players to go early. Miss that guy. :)

Archived