2016 3* JUCO QB/ATH John Franklin III (AU commit 11/4/15)

jskilgro

Very interesting comments by Lashlee when he was speaking to Hockman.

http://auburn.247spo...-place-43668100

Meh. Salesman's gotta sell. I'm sore he has said that to every QB we have recruited since he's been here.

Im sure he didn't sell that to Frankin lol.

I'm sure CRL changes his spiel to his present audience. It seemed to work for Franklin.

I know. Previous statement was a joke.

I got that, my comment was for all the JF3 fans that have already anointed Franklin our next starting QB based on CRL comments during his recruitment. Nothing will be decided until the fall. It will be fun to watch all the hoop la this spring.

If the QB race drags into the fall, JF3 has a shot. That would tell me no one has stepped up above everyone else, and in that situation the athlete has the best shot. I don't believe he will win it in the spring, so I feel his best shot is to force it to fall.

No way Gus names a starter before fall practice.

You're right that he won't name a starter. But one or two may be told they will not be the starter. I think he has said on more than one occasion that Barrett will be given a shot.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh. Salesman's gotta sell. I'm sore he has said that to every QB we have recruited since he's been here.

I'm sure CRL changes his spiel to his present audience. It seemed to work for Franklin.

I got that, my comment was for all the JF3 fans that have already anointed Franklin our next starting QB based on CRL comments during his recruitment. Nothing will be decided until the fall. It will be fun to watch all the hoop la this spring.

If the QB race drags into the fall, JF3 has a shot. That would tell me no one has stepped up above everyone else, and in that situation the athlete has the best shot. I don't believe he will win it in the spring, so I feel his best shot is to force it to fall.

You're right that he won't name a starter. But one or two may be told they will not be the starter. I think he has said on more than one occasion that Barrett will be given a shot.

I'm hoping he makes the decision pretty late to give the new guys the full opportunity to show what they can do. Might get it down to 2 or 3 early in the fall practice however because at some point the coaches have to be able to give the best prospects the most time under center.

Maybe not. Everyone knew JJ was the starter last spring even though Sean and Queen hadn't had a chance to show anything yet. JF3 could be eliminated before fall. He'll have to be good enough to push it to fall to have any chance at all. I don't think there is enough film on him to be able to accurately predict whether he is good enough or not. A couple highlight film throws don't tell much of a story.

As far as naming a QB, it very could be decided by end of spring, with the caveat that the incoming freshman will get his chance to change it. It appears Queen won't be ready, you would have to assume Gus already knows who should start game 1 between JJ and Sean...that leaves JF3 as the wild card. He'll have to prove good enough to push it to fall to have a chance. And again, if he pushes it to fall, then the other QBs (really just 1) haven't stepped up and taken the job, leaving the door open for him (assuming he's not moved to Wr by then).

The battle is likely between him and 1 other QB. If you watched how Gus used QBs later in the season, it's obvious how he feels about them. He already knows who he's going with. Therefore, JF3s options are this...(1)Not show he's good enough to play QB in spring and move to WR and (2) Prove he has the potential and push it to fall and (3) Prove to be a badarse and take the lead going into fall.

There likely won't be an "official" starter named in spring, but if JF3 moves positions, it's a foregone conclusion with the caveat of the freshman getting his shot in fall. If he doesn't change positions, then it's likely ON in fall.

Archived