2016 3* JUCO QB/ATH John Franklin III (AU commit 11/4/15)

jskilgro

That's true but SW badgering is exaggerated beyond measure. The worst thing anybody has ever said about him on this forum is they don't see him being the starter......SW has been the most protected qb that I've seen on here as far as critiquing him

I'm confused, are you criticizing the lack of "badgering" or saying he gets too much of it?

I'm not criticizing anything, I'm saying what I said, he doesn't really get any hate unless you're saying a person saying he may not be the starter hate.

He doesn't deserve any hate. Neither did or does J Johnson. Had Gus/Rhett done their job, they would have know J Johnson was not the QB everyone (including Gus) was proclaiming him to be. SW was the better QB on the field in 2015. I believe the coaching staff screwed up with him against MSU by being too conservative. SW certainly was not outstanding either.

If you want to argue that SW is not the QB to lead us to championships (given our coaching staff on O) then I will agree with you. It was painfully obvious that neither was J. Johnson. We can only hope that JF3 is Nick lite.

wde

No I don't want to argue that because I don't know. I don't argue about may be's, just what I see. And as far as what he's shown, it's a toss up. He could end up being the leader the next two years and set records

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's true but SW badgering is exaggerated beyond measure. The worst thing anybody has ever said about him on this forum is they don't see him being the starter......SW has been the most protected qb that I've seen on here as far as critiquing him

He's had one season and was hurt most of it. Kind of pointless to badger a freshman who was playing on one leg and guts.....JMO.

He wouldn't be the first guy to play hurt, I'm sure many guys have played with guts but have got critiqued anyway. And you're right nobody should be badgered but none of that you said doesn't change the fact that you couldn't pull up a post where he's been badgered.....You're said worse stuff about Bowers in basketball in one post than people have said in totality about SW. Once again worse thing I've EVER seen posted about him is he's good but not the future. Absolute worst. And I was pretty active during that time.... If that's badgering or hating then some other players for Auburn are loathed

I just watched JFIII's hudl highlights. He's certainly fast, but I don't know if my heart and stomach can take a full season of him running with the football like that. I'm already screaming "TUCK IT! TUCK IT!" and I'm just watching film.

That's exactly the feeling I got watching his film. If he tries to carry it like that in the SEC, he'll be a turnover machine.

I just watched JFIII's hudl highlights. He's certainly fast, but I don't know if my heart and stomach can take a full season of him running with the football like that. I'm already screaming "TUCK IT! TUCK IT!" and I'm just watching film.

That's exactly the feeling I got watching his film. If he tries to carry it like that in the SEC, he'll be a turnover machine.

I am sure coaches see it as well...I would guess they would tell him to tuck that baby away..

He's had one season and was hurt most of it. Kind of pointless to badger a freshman who was playing on one leg and guts.....JMO.

He wouldn't be the first guy to play hurt, I'm sure many guys have played with guts but have got critiqued anyway. And you're right nobody should be badgered but none of that you said doesn't change the fact that you couldn't pull up a post where he's been badgered.....You're said worse stuff about Bowers in basketball in one post than people have said in totality about SW. Once again worse thing I've EVER seen posted about him is he's good but not the future. Absolute worst. And I was pretty active during that time.... If that's badgering or hating then some other players for Auburn are loathed

JMO but there is playing hurt....and playing injured.... http://www.differencebetween.net/language/difference-between-injured-and-hurt/ obviously I'm no doctor but SW appeared injured to me because even with time off and a knee brace, his performance level was noticeably impaired.

Most guys who are "hurt"...you barely notice it when they play.

But I agree that for the most part people have not badgered him over this play....mostly it's been comments about his ability which has been hard to assess since unlike, JJ who was always playing at full strength, SW was hurt / injured most of the year.

Well imo the problem is we really don't know his performance level to say it was impaired or not. Miss st he played as expected, San Jose st they didn't hardly let him throw for whatever reason, Kentucky was a good game, arky was a pretty good game but they are arky and Kentucky. Every game against a good defense he was injured.....that's why I say who knows????

Sean White is going to graduate from Auburn as the QB with whom AU fans had a love/hate relationship. His dedication & promise can't be denied but he's going to get thrown around like a rag doll every time he tries to scramble against SEC defenses so he'll have his share of fumbles & injuries.

We need another QB to step up IMO.

That is far from a given. Everybody keeps acting like he's some tiny scrub. It's been pointed out ad nauseam- and accurately- that Sean is every bit as big and mobile as several guys who were very successful for multiple years at the college level. I really don't understand where your line of thinking- which you share with a lot of people- came from.

What's really funny is that a lot of people who share your opinion think that 170lb Franklin is our savior.

The savior thing is funny because a lot of AU fans talk about JF3 like the UGA fans are talking about Jacob Eason. We both have saviors coming to save our programs. One is a high school kid who has never played in a college game before and one is Juco kid who hasn't played real SEC football either. Gonna be interesting.

I may be way wrong but anyone thinking JF3 accomplished much playing QB in juco is delusional. Nick Marshall was much, much more of a sure thing coming in that JF3 is. It was obvious that NM was going to be better than our QB options in 2013 and would be the starter from day one. I don't think JF3 fits that same description. i do think either JF3 or SW will be the starting QB in 2016, but JF3 is a very poor man's NM at this point in terms of his QB play at juco.

wde

I have to agree with this. JFIII has to show he can throw accurately and not panic if pressured and just throw it hoping it doesnt get intercepted. He also has to show he can make good decisions and stay healthy. He has definitely the running skills and some passing ability, but he has to shwo he can play in the SEC now..and be a leader at QB. No one knows.. we only can guess as most are doing here..

Sean White is going to graduate from Auburn as the QB with whom AU fans had a love/hate relationship. His dedication & promise can't be denied but he's going to get thrown around like a rag doll every time he tries to scramble against SEC defenses so he'll have his share of fumbles & injuries.

That is far from a given. Everybody keeps acting like he's some tiny scrub. It's been pointed out ad nauseam- and accurately- that Sean is every bit as big and mobile as several guys who were very successful for multiple years at the college level. I really don't understand where your line of thinking- which you share with a lot of people- came from.

What's really funny is that a lot of people who share your opinion think that 170lb Franklin is our savior.

The savior thing is funny because a lot of AU fans talk about JF3 like the UGA fans are talking about Jacob Eason. We both have saviors coming to save our programs. One is a high school kid who has never played in a college game before and one is Juco kid who hasn't played real SEC football either. Gonna be interesting.

I may be way wrong but anyone thinking JF3 accomplished much playing QB in juco is delusional. Nick Marshall was much, much more of a sure thing coming in that JF3 is. It was obvious that NM was going to be better than our QB options in 2013 and would be the starter from day one. I don't think JF3 fits that same description. i do think either JF3 or SW will be the starting QB in 2016, but JF3 is a very poor man's NM at this point in terms of his QB play at juco.

wde

I have to agree with this. JFIII has to show he can throw accurately and not panic if pressured and just throw it hoping it doesnt get intercepted. He also has to show he can make good decisions and stay healthy. He has definitely the running skills and some passing ability, but he has to shwo he can play in the SEC now..and be a leader at QB. No one knows.. we only can guess as most are doing here..

Well in truth that's all we can do with any of these guys. We do not know for sure what we're going to get from any of them.

wde

Well in truth that's all we can do with any of these guys. We do not know for sure what we're going to get from any of them.

Correct

wde

Thank you for having common sense. Like any QB on our roster has shown they could compete in the SEC. Oh, the SEC is bigger than Arkansas and Kentucky BTW.

I'm told that Franklin has gained some weight. Up to 185lbs now.

any idea what the target weight is and if they feel he can get there and still maintain his skills?

According to Rivals Nick Marshall was 190 coming out of JUCO for anyone wanting to compare. JFIII should be just fine by the time the season rolls around

According to Rivals Nick Marshall was 190 coming out of JUCO for anyone wanting to compare. JFIII should be just fine by the time the season rolls around

i could care less about JF3's height and weight. All I care about is if he can come close to being the college QB that Nick M was. If he is not then we wasted a scholly on him.

wde

i could care less about JF3's height and weight. All I care about is if he can come close to being the college QB that Nick M was. If he is not then we wasted a scholly on him.

wde

The guy is said to run in the 4.3s. Hard to say we wasted a scholly on him. Even if he can't throw surely they can find a spot for him somewhere. As the old saying goes, you can't teach speed

The more I see and read about this kid, the more I'm reminded of Nick Marshall. I don't know if he can throw worth a salt, but if his arm's good enough, he's got incredible speed.

Gus was bragging about his throwing ability today. I'm going to fight the urge to reference his read on JJ last year. :)/>

In all fairness to Gus, not even M. Night Shyamalan could have pulled a plot twist better than the Jeremy Johnson debacle.

Sure he may have the same speed, but Marshall had ice water in his veins

this. Nick was special for a lot more than his speed and okay arm combination

wde

The guy is said to run in the 4.3s. Hard to say we wasted a scholly on him. Even if he can't throw surely they can find a spot for him somewhere. As the old saying goes, you can't teach speed

All we need to do is put him out wide and have him catch one deep ball in the first game. From that point on, every team is going to have to account for him possibly burning them and that will take at least one, probably 2 defenders out of any play that he's out there, even if we're not actually throwing it to him.

If he's gets the QB job, then all we need to do is get him one decent hole and when they see his speed, every team will want to put a spy on him.

Nick Marshall was a tough kid

Can JF3 handle a beating? We shall see. Can't wait

Agree. I can't understand anyone that is bashing the kid before he has even logged ONE practice. (Smh) I hope he sets the doubters on their......doubts.

Agree. I can't understand anyone that is bashing the kid before he has even logged ONE practice. (Smh) I hope he sets the doubters on their......doubts.

I haven't seen anyone bashing him. Saying he's done nothing as a college QB, either at FSU or JUCO, is certainly not bashing, it's expressing legitimate concerns.

I haven't seen anyone bashing him. Saying he's done nothing as a college QB, either at FSU or JUCO, is certainly not bashing, it's expressing legitimate concerns.

True. Some have stated flat out that he MAY make a good wr. I hope he makes a splash as a Great AU qb.

True. Some have stated flat out that he MAY make a good wr. I hope he makes a splash as a Great AU qb.

We agree! I don't care which one gives us solid QB play next year and I don't care whether he's a DT or dropback type. We can win big with either style if the guy plays at a high level.

The only problem i can see is trying to break in a new QB with a couple of new additions to the OL and some shuffling of others, along with a couple of new receivers. All of this could and probably will impact the execution of the offense, slowing the tempo and causing big problems.

Archived