2016 3* JUCO QB/ATH John Franklin III (AU commit 11/4/15)

jskilgro

NM could throw the ball over 100 yards.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. There has never been documented proof of the best QBs in history throwing more than 85 yards much less 100.

We're talking about a cornerback, though :Sing:

75 in high school, in a game, without completely planting his feet. 100 is 33% more than that but doesn't seem completely insane.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. There has never been documented proof of the best QBs in history throwing more than 85 yards much less 100.

I suck at spotting a hyperbole evidently. I agree with you E.

I suck at spotting a hyperbole evidently. I agree with you E.

You have AUF mail Jeff.

Nick Marshall was a tough kid

Can JF3 handle a beating? We shall see. Can't wait

Agree. I can't understand anyone that is bashing the kid before he has even logged ONE practice. (Smh) I hope he sets the doubters on their......doubts.

Not bashing the kid. Even the AU coaching staff is very concerned if JF3 can take a SEC beating and last next year. I'm told JF3 is better runner than Nick but does not have the arm that Nick had.

What do you think the odds are of a two QB system?

As of right now good. SW has shown Gus that he can play but more important is SW has shown Gus he has matured as a person.

??

Nick Marshall was a tough kid

Can JF3 handle a beating? We shall see. Can't wait

Agree. I can't understand anyone that is bashing the kid before he has even logged ONE practice. (Smh) I hope he sets the doubters on their......doubts.

Not bashing the kid. Even the AU coaching staff is very concerned if JF3 can take a SEC beating and last next year. I'm told JF3 is better runner than Nick but does not have the arm that Nick had.

What do you think the odds are of a two QB system?

As of right now good. SW has shown Gus that he can play but more important is SW has shown Gus he has matured as a person.

??

SW always seemed pretty mature to me. He hasn't done anything outlandish or anything.

I remember that brought it up once and it didn't turn out good...I didn't read the first sentence of wde quote so that's what confused me but I see now.

SW is a good kid. Intelligent and so on. He's not built for the SEC. Running the O we need will Disable him before mid season. He need to be somewhere like Ark St where he can show off his game.

Oh....gotta give him a chance first I think. It's not like he played the good guys and failed....he just haven't went up against them yet

SW is a good kid. Intelligent and so on. He's not built for the SEC. Running the O we need will Disable him before mid season. He need to be somewhere like Ark St where he can show off his game.

Wrong!!!!!! White may or may not win the job in 2016 but the way he's built won't have anything to do with it.

SW has shown Gus he has matured as a person.

Very interesting.

2 QB system. Ugh. (Until it works, then Gus will be a genius again, of course.)

What I mean is I can see SW winning the battle but JF3 playing in certain situations.

I can definitely see that

What. That's what I said.

;)

Back to Franklin. I think the coaches are serious about the QB position being wide open. I think Franklin is going to get more than a fair share to start. I think CGM really wants a QB that is an excellent zone read talent, but also can throw well. Problem is, this is not easy to find at our level. I think he wishes that Gatewood was already at AU now. It will be interesting to see if Barrett gets a shot at all this year or if he gets a redshirt.

I think CGM really wants a QB that is an excellent zone read talent, but also can throw well. Problem is, this is not easy to find at our level.

THANK YOU.

Of course a guy who can run well and throw well (and protect the ball, and make good decisions, etc.) is the ideal quarterback, for any offense. But it's your second sentence that the "we need a DT guy" set doesn't seem to understand. They want a guy who can run, everything else be damned. Who cares if he can actually do any of the many, many other things a quarterback must do to be successful, right?

Sorry, /rant. I would love it if Franklin came in and gave us quality in every facet of the position, but I'm not going to assume that his running ability alone makes him a shoe-in for QB1.

I think CGM really wants a QB that is an excellent zone read talent, but also can throw well. Problem is, this is not easy to find at our level.

THANK YOU.

Of course a guy who can run well and throw well (and protect the ball, and make good decisions, etc.) is the ideal quarterback, for any offense. But it's your second sentence that the "we need a DT guy" set doesn't seem to understand. They want a guy who can run, everything else be damned. Who cares if he can actually do any of the many, many other things a quarterback must do to be successful, right?

Sorry, /rant. I would love it if Franklin came in and gave us quality in every facet of the position, but I'm not going to assume that his running ability alone makes him a shoe-in for QB1.

JMO but the issue will be whether he can be enough of a passing threat to keep defenses honest and keep DBs away from the LOS.

I'm assuming that he can run well enough to be a legitimate read-option guy but that won't help if he can't make 'em pay when the defense crowds the LOS and somebody spies on him. ...gotta be able to hit the quick slants and quick outs a high percentage of the time. There will be a huge step-up from JUCO to SEC in the quality of pass defenses he sees.

That was the issue with NickM and I recall that the big goal between seasons was to improve his passing and get him into the 65% range for his completions.

Curious....why is this discussion under Recruiting....the guy is already on campus isn't he? If so, seems this should be re-named and relocated. :dunno:

Curious....why is this discussion under Recruiting....the guy is already on campus isn't he? If so, seems this should be re-named and relocated. :dunno:

DM RunInRed to see if that's something he wants to do. Signee threads don't usually get moved over to the football forum though. And I am not changing the title. I don't want to confuse Wartiger.

Curious....why is this discussion under Recruiting....the guy is already on campus isn't he? If so, seems this should be re-named and relocated. :dunno:/>

DM RunInRed to see if that's something he wants to do. Signee threads don't usually get moved over to the football forum though. And I am not changing the title. I don't want to confuse Wartiger.

Haha.

Understand....would not want that to happen.

Archived