Gus is a not a QB coach

Lowrider

Will someone. Please. Please. Please. Give me quantitative proof that Sean White doesn't have deep threat arm strength. Or have all of our long balls (since he became the starter) just materialize from thin air and he's just faking it?

Good Lord, does he have to throw a 90 yard arch for you people to be satisfied?

He can make those throws, when healthy. No proof needed. Folks are just emotional at the moment and are making all kinds of irrational statements.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will someone. Please. Please. Please. Give me quantitative proof that Sean White doesn't have deep threat arm strength. Or have all of our long balls (since he became the starter) just materialize from thin air and he's just faking it?

There have been several throws that I've seen that we major underthrows. It could be something mechanical that can be corrected, but I've seen some major underthrows on 40-50 yarders. There was one throw in particular against MSU where Louis made a great adjustment to a ball that could have very easily been intercepted. It's not an emotional statement. I've just seen a few things that make me wonder if he can generate big pass plays.

I do know that not everyone agrees on this though, which could point to something mechanical resulting in inconsistency in the deep ball. If so it could be correctable.

This offense requires a true dual-threat QB, and I haven't seen anything from either White or Johnson that says they are. Neither can run well. Johnson is OK, but White hasn't shown anything. JMHO

HUGE MYTH.

Why would Gus be compelled to create (or re-create) the wildcat? What deficiency or tendency would compel an OC to put a running back, who is virtually no threat to throw the ball, at the QB spot?

There have been several throws that I've seen that we major underthrows. It could be something mechanical that can be corrected, but I've seen some major underthrows on 40-50 yarders. There was one throw in particular against MSU where Louis made a great adjustment to a ball that could have very easily been intercepted. It's not an emotional statement. I've just seen a few things that make me wonder if he can generate big pass plays.

I do know that not everyone agrees on this though, which could point to something mechanical resulting in inconsistency in the deep ball. If so it could be correctable.

So your main basis is a 45 yard completion? Got It lol

So your main basis is a 45 yard completion? Got It lol

No. Several completions around that length. Anyway. Agree to disagree. My main point was that can be effective with a pocket passer if they actually generate explosive passing plays.

Amazed at the idiocy passed off as venting.

Nobody should vent anyway. One of the most robust findings in all of psychology is that venting actually enhances frustration rather than diminishes it. Much of it is tied to increases in physiological arousal. If someone is upset and wants to stop being upset, they should find something to do that's distracting or calming.

Nobody should vent anyway. One of the most robust findings in all of psychology is that venting actually enhances frustration rather than diminishes it. Much of it is tied to increases in physiological arousal. If someone is upset and wants to stop being upset, they should find something to do that's distracting or calming.

This is why couples, if arguing, should go to sleep angry. Sounds counter productive, but a night to literally sleep on it and cool off helps more than hurts come morning.

I saw something about that recently. Have tried posting links here to distract some of the serial venters, but without success. I also try humor, occasionally. Some folks seem bent on the vent.

This is why couples, if arguing, should go to sleep angry. Sounds counter productive, but a night to literally sleep on it and cool off helps more than hurts come morning.

I'm more into the idea of distracting arousal, at least before sleep.

I'm more into the idea of distracting arousal, at least before sleep.

444x475px-LL-54afbf53_1617295_i_see_what_you_did_there_holysmurf_super_RE_Sharenator_Community_UNITE-s444x475-150637-580.jpeg

I saw something about that recently. Have tried posting links here to distract some of the serial venters, but without success. I also try humor, occasionally. Some folks seem bent on the vent.

https://blog.uwgb.edu/alltherage/four-questions-on-the-catharsis-myth-with-dr-brad-bushman/

https://blog.uwgb.ed...r-brad-bushman/

Yeah, Aristotle missed the boat on that one. I feel the same way about scapegoating, which is why I mentioned blaming the Muslims in an earlier post. Seems like way too many folks are seeking easy answers, as if that will make things better ....

Yeah, Aristotle missed the boat on that one. I feel the same way about scapegoating, which is why I mentioned blaming the Muslims in an earlier post. Seems like way too many folks are seeking easy answers, as if that will make things better ....

It's mentally easier to place blame in one place than it is to accept the fact that everyone is messing up a little bit.

It's mentally easier to place blame in one place than it is to accept the fact that everyone is messing up a little bit.

Oh, I get the urge to do it. I just think it's a huge mistake.

Back to the OP. Psychology class can wait. In the meantime, go read some BF Skinner literature on operant conditioning.

Even if they fired Gus, you would be calling for his replacement's job in two years because he would have to get his own guys in there, get players for his system, and weed out the players that don't want to buy in. We would be right where we are right now.

Even if they fired Gus, you would be calling for his replacement's job in two years because he would have to get his own guys in there, get players for his system, and weed out the players that don't want to buy in. We would be right where we are right now.

Doesn't Gus kind of have most of that right now? What needs to be done as to not see a season like this next year? And no, I'm not calling for Gus's head.

Doesn't Gus kind of have most of that right now? What needs to be done as to not see a season like this next year? And no, I'm not calling for Gus's head.

Maybe this team will gain stability and surprise us next year. If not, I'm sure the jet will be getting warmed up. I really don't have an answer other than hiring an ahole that treats this program as a business. Saban's method is harsh, but it works.

Maybe this team will gain stability and surprise us next year. If not, I'm sure the jet will be getting warmed up. I really don't have an answer other than hiring an ahole that treats this program as a business. Saban's method is harsh, but it works.

Harsh? Looks fun as hell to me. But I'm only a spectator....id have a blast watching AU field competitive teams that are consistently in the championship mix.

Archived