Gus is a not a QB coach

Lowrider

Amazed at the idiocy passed off as venting.

Nobody should vent anyway. One of the most robust findings in all of psychology is that venting actually enhances frustration rather than diminishes it. Much of it is tied to increases in physiological arousal. If someone is upset and wants to stop being upset, they should find something to do that's distracting or calming.

I saw something about that recently. Have tried posting links here to distract some of the serial venters, but without success. I also try humor, occasionally. Some folks seem bent on the vent.

https://blog.uwgb.ed...r-brad-bushman/

Yeah, Aristotle missed the boat on that one. I feel the same way about scapegoating, which is why I mentioned blaming the Muslims in an earlier post. Seems like way too many folks are seeking easy answers, as if that will make things better ....

I missed the earlier post....but you mean Muslims are calling our offensive plays? If that's true,perhaps that explains what is going on..... :dunno: I bet they don't know anything about American football.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody should vent anyway. One of the most robust findings in all of psychology is that venting actually enhances frustration rather than diminishes it. Much of it is tied to increases in physiological arousal. If someone is upset and wants to stop being upset, they should find something to do that's distracting or calming.

I saw something about that recently. Have tried posting links here to distract some of the serial venters, but without success. I also try humor, occasionally. Some folks seem bent on the vent.

https://blog.uwgb.ed...r-brad-bushman/

Yeah, Aristotle missed the boat on that one. I feel the same way about scapegoating, which is why I mentioned blaming the Muslims in an earlier post. Seems like way too many folks are seeking easy answers, as if that will make things better ....

I missed the earlier post....but you mean Muslims are calling our offensive plays? If that's true,perhaps that explains what is going on..... :dunno:/> I bet they don't know anything about American football.

Now it makes sense! Our offense is on a suicide mission!

Wow really? It seems to work for me, but if there's a healthier alternative, I'm all for it. Thanks for the tidbit!

So why haven't we recruited a "dual-threat QB?"

We recruit them, just haven't sighed them.

looking back, i think Gus talked up Jeremy up too much and it hurt in more ways than unreasonable expectations. It may have also scared off other would be signees who didn't want to sit behind this nfl lock for two years.

Even if they fired Gus, you would be calling for his replacement's job in two years because he would have to get his own guys in there, get players for his system, and weed out the players that don't want to buy in. We would be right where we are right now.

Doesn't Gus kind of have most of that right now? What needs to be done as to not see a season like this next year? And no, I'm not calling for Gus's head.

Maybe this team will gain stability and surprise us next year. If not, I'm sure the jet will be getting warmed up. I really don't have an answer other than hiring an ahole that treats this program as a business. Saban's method is harsh, but it works.

Harsh? Looks fun as hell to me. But I'm only a spectator....id have a blast watching AU field competitive teams that are consistently in the championship mix.

Call me crazy, but I'm with you. Only 18 losses in 9 seasons and EIGHT CONSECUTIVE 10+ win seasons??? Sign me up!

It's hard to be a good QB coach when you don't have a healthy QB. We have three on the team. Sean White has a bad knee, Tyler Queen is recovering from arm surgery and JJ has some weird mental issue. There's not a coach in America that could have good QB play in that situation.

You don't like it, I don't like it and Gus doesn't like it but that's what has happened. Unless you think Gus took a hammer and ruined White's knee and Queen's arm and paid to have a voo-doo hex put on JJ, it's no more Gus's fault than it is the fault of any poster here.

It's hard to be a good QB coach when you don't have a healthy QB. We have three on the team. Sean White has a bad knee, Tyler Queen is recovering from arm surgery and JJ has some weird mental issue. There's not a coach in America that could have good QB play in that situation.

You don't like it, I don't like it and Gus doesn't like it but that's what has happened. Unless you think Gus took a hammer and ruined White's knee and Queen's arm and paid to have a voo-doo hex put on JJ, it's no more Gus's fault than it is the fault of any poster here.

Agreed.

Even if they fired Gus, you would be calling for his replacement's job in two years because he would have to get his own guys in there, get players for his system, and weed out the players that don't want to buy in. We would be right where we are right now.

Doesn't Gus kind of have most of that right now? What needs to be done as to not see a season like this next year? And no, I'm not calling for Gus's head.

Maybe this team will gain stability and surprise us next year. If not, I'm sure the jet will be getting warmed up. I really don't have an answer other than hiring an ahole that treats this program as a business. Saban's method is harsh, but it works.

Harsh? Looks fun as hell to me. But I'm only a spectator....id have a blast watching AU field competitive teams that are consistently in the championship mix.

Call me crazy, but I'm with you. Only 18 losses in 9 seasons and EIGHT CONSECUTIVE 10+ win seasons??? Sign me up!

Yep. Glad there are at least three of us that see it this way.

SW had no business playing today. That's on Gus. Abandoning the run for multiple drives when averaging 8 yds per carry, that's on gus/rhett. JR with 2 touches in the 2nd half after averaging 8 yds in the first half, that's on g/r.

People on this thread discrediting SW aren't using common sense. He looked 60-70% at best. We'll have to see him healthy against a top d before we know how good he is.

We need a big change on O. Soon.

Here's how I imagine half time.

Defense: Muschamp making adjustments and going over responsibilities and assignments.

Offense: Gus (vaunted QB coach), RL...- just keep doing what we're doing. We've practiced well. Our guys play hard. We'll be fine because UGA won't adjust.

UGA didn't have to adjust. We adjusted to them to help their defensive ends get back into the game.

They did adjust. They figured out we couldn't pass and shut the run down.

UGA didn't have to adjust. We adjusted to them to help their defensive ends get back into the game.

Exactly. It's baffling to me how good we looked on that first drive and the coaches don't think "that worked really well, maybe we should try that again". As I've said before, let's just keep running the script until they can stop it.

Here's how I imagine half time.

Defense: Muschamp making adjustments and going over responsibilities and assignments.

Offense: Gus (vaunted QB coach), RL...- just keep doing what we're doing. We've practiced well. Our guys play hard. We'll be fine because UGA won't adjust.

you forgot to add Gus telling Rhett "make sure you play everyone no matter what, because that is what we planned to do 3 days ago, so we can't change it now! "

They did adjust. They figured out we couldn't pass and shut the run down.

They shut the run down because we stopped stretching their defense. The screens negate the edge rush, stretching the defense. We were doing that, then gashing them with the run. When we stopped that and started the drop back pocket pass bs, they started getting to us on the edges and crashing down.

This is way off topic BUT....

Can we please burn that weird Statue of Liberty play action pass play? We've been running that for how long now. It usually leads to a throw in triple coverage or a sack,

you should know by now that bashing the players is not acceptable here. Take that crap somewhere else.

you should know by now that bashing the players is not acceptable here. Take that crap somewhere else.

fire everyone.

Agreed.

I second this.

Wow really? It seems to work for me, but if there's a healthier alternative, I'm all for it. Thanks for the tidbit!

I vented yesterday and woke up this morning feeling MUCH better! The thing about a lot of "studies" is that the ones doing the study are supposed to prove something, not just be objective. A lot of "studies" are done with a bias going in which lead to intentional results. It's hard to determine which studies do this and which don't, so it's best to take them all with a grain of salt and rely more on your own experiences. This, for me, is the second time this year I have vented on Saturday and felt much better on Sunday. At the very least, this "study" doesn't apply to everyone B)

Who really knows what's going on with the offense but it is scary to see coaches thinking that a gimpy SW was a step-up at QB during a crucial time in the game.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this but SW is being badly miss-used .....playing him while he is gimpy is just setting him up for a bigger injury because he is not quick enough to avoid the rush and get out of trouble.

Sure his knee might not be at risk for worse damage but to have him back there as a sitting duck when everyone in the stadium knows his limits. Some big DE or LB is going to crush him and ruin his shoulder or elbow with a big hit.....that's unconscionable IMO.

This season is going nowhere....might as well protect the kid's health and go back to Wallace or run the old single wing with Kerryon or Jason.

I know I am going to get all kinds of crap for this......but he should give Jason Smith two weeks worth of reps so he can play QB for the IB. We need a read option against them.

Either that or pull out every gadget play we have.

Good knee or not in the second half SW wouldn't have done too much more than hopefully ran out of bounds to not get hit hopefully. Georgia has a good defense, it's never looked liked that this year. It was some of the worse play call mismatches I've seen

Archived