Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Anything can happen, but it appears USC offered Rich Rod the job before Muschamp and he (via his AD) publicly declined USC....and there is some talk that this rubbed Muschamp the wrong way. I guess we will see how bad Muschamp wants to be a HC, because he is LITERALLY the last choice at USC and they have made that pretty evident.

Apparently it's not hard to rub Muschamp the wrong way. He left AU before over a minor dispute.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything can happen, but it appears USC offered Rich Rod the job before Muschamp and he (via his AD) publicly declined USC....and there is some talk that this rubbed Muschamp the wrong way. I guess we will see how bad Muschamp wants to be a HC, because he is LITERALLY the last choice at USC and they have made that pretty evident.

The folks over at the South Carolina 247 site are saying that Rich Rod is full of it and was never officially offered the spot. That would mean Champ was perhaps, as high as the third choice, behind Kirby Smart and the current HC of Houston.

But that's pretty irrelevant, if you ask me. I believe Pat Dye was our third choice.

They clearly don't have the $$$ to draw in who they want. If Muschamp leaps it is desperate.

Rod definitely burned a bridge with the way he handled that.

There's no benefit to keeping Muschamp. If we do we'll lose T-Rob and then go through this again next year. At this point, I hope he is their next head coach. Let's promote T-Rob and be done with it

There's no benefit to keeping Muschamp. If we do we'll lose T-Rob and then go through this again next year. At this point, I hope he is their next head coach. Let's promote T-Rob and be done with it

DC-in-waiting?

DC-in-waiting?

Yep.

Just heard from a friend the possibility of bringing Chiz back as DC. I have officially heard everything.

There is no way in HADES I see this happening.....although I do think Chizik really does love AU even after being fired.

I believe EVERY one of you is over-reacting. Well, almost every one of you. We don't actually know what's going so I would be hesitant to start pushing Champ out the door. It is proven that we can't trust the media. That doesn't mean it won't all pan out to be true, but no character assassinations, please. IF he leaves, we can bad-mouth him then. I'm gonna wait until AUBURN announces something.

I don't think anyone should bad mouth Muschamp. Anyone with half a brain knew we would not keep him long and his goal was to be an HC again....so why crucify him when he gets the chance at a quality SEC school? Its not like these jobs come open that often.

If UGA hadn't jumped at Kirby, he would have probably gone to USC and we wouldn't be talking about this....but it did, and no one should blame Muschamp for wanting that chance again. I personally think he will do well at USC...not as much pressure as UF and if he hires a good OC he could have that place rolling.

A4E, you posted reports that had been proven fake and had already been refuted. So yes, you were wrong at the time of those postings.

As far as people taking shots, they weren't shots at you, they were shots at you posting your regurgitated hatred for JJ, Gus and others all over this board in as many threads as possible. Toughen up. If your going to do dumb things like that then you'll get called out on it. Here's your apology. I'm sorry you were offended by people pointing out your asinine postings that clutter the board.

testy testy

I'm not saying it is not going to happen but are we really believing what Thayer Evans and Pete Thamel are reporting? They are the ones who broke the story. All other reports are referencing their report.

Well, that's a source other than Thamel...still nothing "official" but much closer

But espn referenced the sports illustrated report.

Yes, as well as saying a source told the AP he could be announced by Monday...as well as Chris Lowe citing sources close to the search. I suppose all the sources could be Thamel but looking more likely that there is now multiple sources.

Rivals is also reporting it.

Again referencing Thamel and Evans' report. It is probably happening but I have a hard time believing anything those two break.

Well, that's a source other than Thamel...still nothing "official" but much closer

But espn referenced the sports illustrated report.

Yes, as well as saying a source told the AP he could be announced by Monday...as well as Chris Lowe citing sources close to the search. I suppose all the sources could be Thamel but looking more likely that there is now multiple sources.

I agree, it is likely to be a done deal. I want to hear it from USCe or Auburn or somebody other than those two.

a "source" told Joe Schad? While I expect it to happen, its going to have to come from a WAY better source than that troll Joe Schad. In all the years he's been at ESPN, he's never been right. He certainly wasn't right about anything he covered in 2010.

Archived