***Auburn vs. Alabama - Game Thread***

RunInRed

Gus called the 3rd and 2 perfectly. Not his fault the throw was poor. Hindsight playcall critics are the worst

This...fans have been begging Gus to take some shots all year and then complain when he does. SMH. The DB was burnt, if JJ lays it up another 5 feet, it's a TD.

But not on third and two when you are running the ball well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We love you Jeremy Johnson smh

Was told that he should take a knee of there was nothing there. He was under pressure with no one open. He made the right decision.

Were you in the huddle? Was that a knee

I really don't see how anyone could be upset with this one. I have not been a Gus fan here lately but he has coached this well to this point. Coach Muschamp needs a raise. I thought for sure we would be somewhere like 24-3 at this point. These guys are playing to win a few mistakes and that dropped interception and they would have been in the lead.

I didn't understand the end of the half....can somebody explain?

Well...

1) We decline a penalty that would've made it 3rd & 3 in exchange for a fourth and one.

2) We actually run the ball downfield and throw it deep on 3rd and 2 when we had gone for it on 4th &1 earlier on the same drive.

3) Our coaches have no idea how to call a game once the script has been used...

-Hope this helps.

On 3rd and 2 it was the right call. The WR had beaten the DB it was execution. A decent pass and we get a TD.

I agree he was open, but I don't think it was the correct call. We'll agree to disagree. There isn't a right answer, just opinions.

bammer stacked the box expecting run, was the perfect play call. I bet if JJ would've hit the reciever for a TD, nobody would've said z damn thing about it.

D has played outstanding.

QB play is what is hurting us. JJ has had open men and can't hit the side of a barn.

We have run the ball well.

Still in the game (which is a bit surprising to me) We just need guys to step up and make plays in the second half.

Still in it. Good first half but same game plan as Ga and msu. Playing conservative to keep the game close. Not playing at all to win. We only win if it absolutely falls in our lap. But we will stay in it. At this point, I wouldnt mind seeing Wallace. Dont see how it would hurt. JJ is not a threat in any capacity.

We love you Jeremy Johnson smh

Was told that he should take a knee of there was nothing there. He was under pressure with no one open. He made the right decision.

Were you in the huddle?

If he wasn't told, it reflects even better on Jeremy. There was nobody downfield and he was about to be hit. His options were 1. Take a shot and probably get intercepted. 2. Get hit and possibly fumble. 3. Fall to the ground like he did. Called by the coaches or not, he made the right decision by going to the ground.

We dropped a pick 6 and Louis was open with an easy TD he was under thrown then again bammer should have more points. To beat bammer we have to make those damn plays, they can make mistakes and win.

I didn't understand the end of the half....can somebody explain?

Well...

1) We decline a penalty that would've made it 3rd & 3 in exchange for a fourth and one.

2) We actually run the ball downfield and throw it deep on 3rd and 2 when we had gone for it on 4th &1 earlier on the same drive.

3) Our coaches have no idea how to call a game once the script has been used...

-Hope this helps.

On 3rd and 2 it was the right call. The WR had beaten the DB it was execution. A decent pass and we get a TD.

I agree he was open, but I don't think it was the correct call. We'll agree to disagree. There isn't a right answer, just opinions.

bammer stacked the box expecting run, was the perfect play call. I bet if JJ would've hit the reciever for a TD, nobody would've said z damn thing about it.

When you begin your explanation with "I bet if..." well, that pretty much sums it up. It's my opinion, you can have yours.

Gus called the 3rd and 2 perfectly. Not his fault the throw was poor. Hindsight playcall critics are the worst

This...fans have been begging Gus to take some shots all year and then complain when he does. SMH. The DB was burnt, if JJ lays it up another 5 feet, it's a TD.

Shots have to be taken to win this game. That was the perfect play call. Only call I didn't like was not going for it on 4th and 2 on the 31yd line

We both missed TD's...We need to keep running the ball with whichever back is the hottest and keep him in there until time to rotate and then leave the next back in there to get some rhythm. No more jet sweeps this game, we don't have the talent to block for it against this defense. We should "actually" run the read option, but tell JJ to run North and South..not all the way across the field to try and pickup a block. By the way, who would be "Backup QB" if a change had to be made?

Dontavious Russell is really coming on. He has been making plays over last few games none bigger then stuffing Henry when it was 2nd and goal at the 1

I would have preferred him run that on 1st or second. Just run it, since that's the only thing that's been working

Shots have to be taken to win this game. That was the perfect play call. Only call I didn't like was not going for it on 4th and 2 on the 31yd line

The one where he declined a 3rd down penalty? Yeah, that made absolutely no sense. I agree, shots have to be taken. I guess my biggest complaint would be why not go for it if you're willing to throw it deep on 3rd and 2? A 48 yd FG isn't automatic, as was proven.

Archived