***Auburn vs. Alabama - Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gus called the 3rd and 2 perfectly. Not his fault the throw was poor. Hindsight playcall critics are the worst

We're a heck of a lot closer than I thought we'd be, but our freaking play calling and decision making is ludicrous. I'm really starting to believe that Gus and Rhett use a Magic 8 ball when calling plays.

Danielson LIED to the entire country again. uat can NOT try a free kick FG attempt...... Dumb ass..

Danielson, please find a rule book and read it.

Agree

What about an on-sides kick to open the 2nd half?

Gus pretty much lost his bread and butter onside since they made the new rule where you cannot even block until 10 yards down field

We love you Jeremy Johnson smh

Was told that he should take a knee of there was nothing there. He was under pressure with no one open. He made the right decision.

yeah that's it.

JJ may have a big arm, but he's too slow in the pocket. He's not mobile at all. SW is more mobile. But he's injured and doesn't need to come in. This offense needs to he more inventive with play makers.

The O-line is doing a great job against bama front 7 the RB's are runningg hard. JJ has to make some plays. On the drive where we missed the FG JJ missed two open receivers one we came back and got the 1st down on other he missed an open receiver for a TD.

Saw first half. D played well. Special teams alright, running well considering the d we are playing. Jj's two deep misses, including the easy touchdown to ricardo, really hurt. We have to have a better option at qb. Unless we get better qb play/ pull jj, we dont come back.

Down 6 at the half to Bama. For some reason I thought I'd come here and see some positive posts.

The point of football is to win the game. I am happy to see us playing hard, but we could have the lead. Execution.

I didn't understand the end of the half....can somebody explain?

Well...

1) We decline a penalty that would've made it 3rd & 3 in exchange for a fourth and one.

2) We actually run the ball downfield and throw it deep on 3rd and 2 when we had gone for it on 4th &1 earlier on the same drive.

3) Our coaches have no idea how to call a game once the script has been used...

-Hope this helps.

On 3rd and 2 it was the right call. The WR had beaten the DB it was execution. A decent pass and we get a TD.

This is why I don't blame the coaches too much. It has got to be hard to call an offensive game when your QB can neither throw nor run. We had the play, the. Under threw the WR who, for his part, let the CB beat him. We don't have ANY threat from the QB position.

Gus called the 3rd and 2 perfectly. Not his fault the throw was poor. Hindsight playcall critics are the worst

This...fans have been begging Gus to take some shots all year and then complain when he does. SMH. The DB was burnt, if JJ lays it up another 5 feet, it's a TD.

I didn't understand the end of the half....can somebody explain?

Well...

1) We decline a penalty that would've made it 3rd & 3 in exchange for a fourth and one.

2) We actually run the ball downfield and throw it deep on 3rd and 2 when we had gone for it on 4th &1 earlier on the same drive.

3) Our coaches have no idea how to call a game once the script has been used...

-Hope this helps.

On 3rd and 2 it was the right call. The WR had beaten the DB it was execution. A decent pass and we get a TD.

I agree he was open, but I don't think it was the correct call. We'll agree to disagree. There isn't a right answer, just opinions.

This...fans have been begging Gus to take some shots all year and then complain when he does. SMH. The DB was burnt, if JJ lays it up another 5 feet, it's a TD.

Exactly

Archived