***Auburn vs. Alabama - Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many opportunities to take the lead but the potential pick 6 that hit Countess right in the hands just kills me.

Second pick 6 he has dropped this season. He has dropped at least two more picks this year. He has played well for us, but his hands leave a lot to be desired.

Gus called the 3rd and 2 perfectly. Not his fault the throw was poor. Hindsight playcall critics are the worst

This...fans have been begging Gus to take some shots all year and then complain when he does. SMH. The DB was burnt, if JJ lays it up another 5 feet, it's a TD.

But not on third and two when you are running the ball well.

Shots have to be taken to win this game. That was the perfect play call. Only call I didn't like was not going for it on 4th and 2 on the 31yd line

Negative... Do not agree.

So many opportunities to take the lead but the potential pick 6 that hit Countess right in the hands just kills me.

Right there with the under thrown TD pass to Ricardo.

I would love to see Wallace start the 3rd Qtr and have us start running a legitimate read-option game. Running is working. We just need to have Jovon breakout for 6!

Play calling..again

The JJ pass to the end zone was just a bit underthrown. Did you have a problem with that call or what?

Second pick 6 he has dropped this season. He has dropped at least two more picks this year. He has played well for us, but his hands leave a lot to be desired.

Yep, said this exact same thing.

Look we ain't got a chance to win this game unless we get nasty! Balls to the wall! We don't have time to coddle players. Play our butts off and go full throttle. We lose we lose. I don't want to play just to try to "keep it close". Gus is playing to win, we are missing opportunities. Second half we have to play better. I want to put some hits on Coker and Henry. Let's get do this.

Gus called the 3rd and 2 perfectly. Not his fault the throw was poor. Hindsight playcall critics are the worst

This...fans have been begging Gus to take some shots all year and then complain when he does. SMH. The DB was burnt, if JJ lays it up another 5 feet, it's a TD.

But not on third and two when you are running the ball well.

Shots have to be taken to win this game. That was the perfect play call. Only call I didn't like was not going for it on 4th and 2 on the 31yd line

Negative... Do not agree.

I especially liked how Vern talked up the aforementioned DB for such a great play, when in fact he got his a$$ beat and got lucky on an under thrown ball.

Turds get the ball coming out.We're gonna get a heavy dose of Henry. Hope we're ready.

And play action to Howard.

I would have preferred him run that on 1st or second. Just run it, since that's the only thing that's been working

Thats fair I understand that argument but I just see it as everything was set up for a TD minus the QB doing his job. We were running the ball well and could've gotten the first with a run as well

Play calling..again

The JJ pass to the end zone was just a bit underthrown. Did you have a problem with that call or what?

I do.

Still in it. Good first half but same game plan as Ga and msu. Playing conservative to keep the game close. Not playing at all to win. We only win if it absolutely falls in our lap. But we will stay in it. At this point, I wouldnt mind seeing Wallace. Dont see how it would hurt. JJ is not a threat in any capacity.

I do not agree with the 3rd sentence at all. We are playing as well as we can. We need to keep bringing it. Agree with the JJ comment but cannot believe anyone would suggest Wallace. That is just being dumb.

Gotta weather the storm in this 3rd qtr. There is a bama storm coming. Gotta keep it to 2 scores for the 4th.

3rd quarter is where we've had issues, but is where Bama begins to separate from their competition.

Hope we take the 3rd and 4th quarters and win the game.

Archived