Auburn 13 Alabama 29 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

it didn't matter but not going for two was the height of insanity.. you had to know bama would get a fg and go up by 9 potentially .. regardless a missed 2 pt conversion doesn't hurt you at all and an extra point did nothing for us.. in the end it didn't matter and our young men put up a respectable effort.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Countess should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacks and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

In game thread I posted JJ didn't play bad. Got responses saying not good either. Agreed. We need a qb to play good. He don't have it. He didn't give it away though . Jason smith made a play but we needed two more from others and we needed to tackle Coker when we got our hands on him.

A respectable game. We had to play perfect to win; obviously, we did neither. But at least it wasn't a recruiting disaster.

Heard one sideline announcer (Auburn radio) say it was the best atmosphere he'd ever seen (this was 3rd quarter). That's got to be a good thing.

I hate that we lost. I hate that we blew so many opportunities. I love that the world saw that calling fouls in a bama game works differently than for any other team.

But I love that our guys fought hard all the way to the end and we had chances to do big things.

Oh well..

Go Florida.

Go Clemson.

Go... whoever plays Alabama from here on out.

War Eagle anyway.

Would be a different story if we could've hit some of the open receivers. Of course I'm also assuming we would catch the ball as well. We've got a long way to go on offense. The defense has made huge strides. Also, I think the SEC is weak and bama is a just above average football team. Someone in the playoff will make Coker win the game. I'm not sure he can.

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Counters should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacked and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

This 100%

Is it all in him? No. Counters should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacked and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

Bird what was our biggest issue? Defense played well enough I thought

Played hard. It is what it is. Good thing is we have a lot returning next year. Get a QB and we will be substantially better.

The gap isn't that big b/t the 2 teams.

And no holding calls on Bama

Correct

Auburn 263 yards total offense....how many games this year under 300 yards....and how many in the past 3 or 4 years? Worst AU offense ever....

Ever? 2012 was pretty sad.

Well maybe similar....and what happened after that year?

Is it all in him? No. Countess should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacks and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

very fair assessment

Bird what was our biggest issue? Defense played well enough I thought

Execution. There were many questionable play calls, but there were enough good one for this game not to be close. Too many missed opportunities through the passing game. Those chances sustain drive and give more opportunities to score and less opportunities for them. Like all year, it was all about execution.

Disappointing year as we all know. It's unbelievable that this program has a starting QB that can't pass and appears to be afraid of contact. Unbelievable that we have such terrible receivers (except for Jason Smith). Unbelievable that our O has been so bad and that our O coaches appear so clueless. We are going to finish last in the division and I find that embarrassing and a reflection of poor coaching. Best thing we have imo is Will Muschamp and TR. Pray he stays but at this point, I really have my doubts about GM.

Time to do some soul searching on offense. War Eagle.

It's a team loss, no aspect of the game was without fault. They played hard, until the last 60 seconds.

We didn't cross the fifty one time in the second half except for Jason Smith's great play. You can repeat all of the platitudes you want, but the fact remains that our offense was the problem this year.

Not as disappointed as I normally would be...just missed in a couple plays that could have won the game. One more chance to play this year, I expect AU will be playing for a lot more around this time of the year next year

Well.... it wasn't the blowout I feared. Auburn was respectable.

The defense is on the way back. I think Gus will get the offense fixed. It's not like he's unaware of the issues.

Florida PLEASE keep the Heisman from Tuscaloosa

Man. 270 yards. We practically gave it to him.

It's a wrap

He's a beast. We gave him nothing.

should have gone for two points after our 2nd td... it didn't matter but again ... how do you not go for two knowing bama would probably make it a 9 pt game and an extra pt would literally benefit you in no way... gah

We were good enough to win this except for complete ineptitude at QB and WR play that wasn't much better....but that's what we've come to expect. JJ looks completely uncoached in QB mechanics- unbelievable at his stage of "development"(lol). I agree with Bird- with a healthy SW I really think we win this game.

Archived