Auburn 13 Alabama 29 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

Florida PLEASE keep the Heisman from Tuscaloosa

Man. 270 yards. We practically gave it to him.

It's a wrap

It actually felt like we were containing him despite getting the yards. He ran nearly 50 times at a still good pace but it felt scattered out. He had to earn all but the last one.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Counters should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacked and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

Bird what was our biggest issue? Defense played well enough I thought

As if it weren't obvious enough you could not figure it out. LOL.

he said it was execution which is always an issue when you don't win?? I thought it was mostly QB play. What did the Miss's think? Lmao

When y'all consult with Gus and Rhett y'all let him know how to fix it.

The misses thinks your a sissy too. LOL. Told me not to say the p word, but we all know it is applicable.

well you let him know that's not nice but please you get with Gus and get this offense corrected

Even though she is a former beauty queen, I personally think she'd whip your ass. LOL

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Counters should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacked and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

he said it was execution which is always an issue when you don't win?? I thought it was mostly QB play. What did the Miss's think? Lmao

IT doesn't take much of a football IQ, to question this crap show we have seen this year on offense, and all of it from a "genius".

Defense played well enough to win the game, they didn't get any help from the offense (again). Bizarre play calling and Robinson disappeared in 2nd half (again). Anyone else wonder why Gus ran the offense with 42 secs left in the half, risking a turnover and resulting in being forced to punt. You would think that he would have learned his lesson from the Kentucky(?) game. I guess not. Genius he is not.

Don't see why we go away from stuff that's working for no reason

And it's been like that all year. Been a strange season.

I'm just ready to put this one behind us bro

what was working

Every play we pulled a guard picked up at least 6 yards. Misdirection plays worked. Screen plays worked

even JJ running the zone read worked. And then...nothing. Where did Jovon go in the 222nd half? Where did the 3-5 yard straight up the gut runs go? Where did the wheel routes go? Where did the buck sweep go? Where did the traps go? Arrrgh I'm just frustainting myself thinking about it.

why do we do that?

Not calling anyone out, but can the back and forth sniping please be taken to MPs? Thank you.

That said did Job in really only have 2 carries the 2nd half?

what was working

Every play we pulled a guard picked up at least 6 yards. Misdirection plays worked. Screen plays worked

even JJ running the zone read worked. And then...nothing. Where did Jovon go in the 222nd half? Where did the 3-5 yard straight up the gut runs go? Where did the wheel routes go? Where did the buck sweep go? Where did the traps go? Arrrgh I'm just frustainting myself thinking about it.

Malzahn did exactly what he said we shouldn't do, give up on run. He said that's why others have lost, by getting pass happy against them. We did the same thing down 1 score in the fourth.

The misses thinks your a sissy too. LOL. Told me not to say the p word, but we all know it is applicable.

well you let him know that's not nice but please you get with Gus and get this offense corrected

Ew almost forgot "LOL"

Are you blind?

Even though she is a former beauty queen, I personally think she'd whip your ass. LOL

was the award won at the fair or circus I'm sure she would with those hoofs. LOL

I am not big on moral victories, either. At the end of the day...I came into today pretty much knowing we would not win. But you always hold out hope. What bothers me, though, is when people do not improve. We have been run on for years...since CTT left. Our wide receivers, honestly, drop WAY to many balls. Not just picking on Ray, this has been this way for years. Look at Duke...he was better when he came in...and got progressively worse! I do not understand where the level of excellence is. The talent is there...and that is what is concerning. I am Orange and Blue through and through...I leave my shirt and hat on after this stuff. I just wonder...what is going on? War Eagle...and I HOPE we get this ship righted in 2016!!

We have bought a pig I a poke with Malzahn I'm afraid. How does an offensive genius have a QB on campus for three years,and not know he is incapable of completing a simple pass? I"m sorry, JJ seems like a very fine young man, but he is not a major college QB. We have no game breaker at WR. The best looking receiver I saw in the spring mysteriously left the program, our other true receiver was a head case that apparently no coach could reign in. What is unreal to me, is once SW was injured, we had no other viable options other than JJ. That is inexcusable. If I see one more sugar huddle, with a fake end around pass when you are down by 9 points with 3 minutes left in the game I'll puke. If Gus does not recruit a DTQB, and go back to the zone read offense, he will be in the unemployment line after next season.

Time to do some soul searching on offense. War Eagle.

It's a team loss, no aspect of the game was without fault. They played hard, until the last 60 seconds.

We didn't cross the fifty one time in the second half except for Jason Smith's great play. You can repeat all of the platitudes you want, but the fact remains that our offense was the problem this year.

I can defend that the O didn't play as well as they could have, or well enough to win. But, the D had its share of miscues as well. Giving up 270 yards in rushing to a single player isn't going to win you too many games. Letting Crocker escape multiple situations that he should have been sacked for huge losses doesn't help. Giving up 30 yards in penalties, on a single play, isn't stellar. A dropped IN that I could have run for 6 doesn't help.

Quit looking for the easy button and trying to find one person to blame. We were a huge underdog, and frankly bama has the better team this year. We could have won, but we needed to play a near perfect game aND had to capitalize on just about every opportunity we had - we didn't. All I am saying is there were missed opportunities in every facet of the game.

I don't like moral victories, but that are some losses that are better or worse than others. This team played hard and never quit. They lost the game, but they can hold their head up with the effort they displayed.

Paging AUFAN78

Here here

I hope we go with Sean in bowl game and win it. Hate it Carlson missed the last kick he took

I was yelling the same thing at the TV. It ignored me

We knew even the best case scenario we were hoping jj to be a game manager why in the third when it's still a one possession game do we start passing every down? That's going to be difficult for the best qb's why try that with ours? Then we know they're going to rely on their depth...we didn't need a shoot out anyway....I just don't understand

After that pass that Jason Smith tipped to himself I think Gus and Rhett got on a gambler's high.

The gap isn't that big b/t the 2 teams.

And no holding calls on Bama

Correct

I've been hearing this for years. Never was clear to me until tonight.

Holding is now to football what walking/travelling is to basketball. Instead of enforcing the rules as is their job, the officials choose to make it a subjective call, as if the rule stipulates you get to choose when to call it. After this happens over time, you get what we have now. Holding called when its convenient to call it, so that you can claim you are correctly enforcing the rules when you are truly making a mockery of them.

This!

what was working

Yeah it's like we're always adjusting to the other team instead of making them adjust to us. I don't know this it's just my theory but I sometimes think maybe he's saving plays for later or something. After the uga game there's no way we should have forgotten to use Robinson again imo

was the award won at the fair or circus I'm sure she would with those hoofs. LOL

You looking for the redneck of the day award there little dick? Sorry, she made me do it. LOL.

Really insulting his wife?? Smh

This nails our performance on the head Bird!! We need a QB with leadership and that does not act like a deer in the headlights when the going gets tough. Jeremy is a good kid but just not a SEC QB. I thought the guys made a valiant effort but just too many opportunites missed. We HAVE to get competent QB and wide receivers to compete. End of story. WDE!!!! Still love my Tigers.

I was yelling the same thing at the TV. It ignored me

We knew even the best case scenario we were hoping jj to be a game manager why in the third when it's still a one possession game do we start passing every down? That's going to be difficult for the best qb's why try that with ours? Then we know they're going to rely on their depth...we didn't need a shoot out anyway....I just don't understand

Every single drive stalled out when running the ball. I get the need to pass. without a few dropped balls we would have moved the ball better. There was no way we were just gonna win the game sticking with a primarily run first offense. when we were down two scores there just wasn't any other choice.

That's a great point, Cole. In 2010 we dared people to stop Cam. In 2013, we dared people to stop Tre. We lined up and said "were coming...stop us". This year seemed like a constant adjustment. Almost an audible every play. We let the opponent dictate our offense rather than us dictating their defense.

You looking for the redneck of the day award there little dick? Sorry, she made me do it. LOL.

I bet he makes you do more LOL

Could have won this game. Like almost every game this year.

Disappointing. Dead last while our rival wins the west, possibly sec champ and heisman.

Glad the team showed up for the Iron Bowl.

Hopefully it impressed some recruits.

Good post. Coulda, shoulda, woulda....we end up dead last in the division and they end up first. They beat us by 3 scores and covered the spread. So I lost some $$$ as we'll as watched my team played hard and end up with the L. :puke:

Really insulting his wife?? Smh

In addition to being clueless, he is classless. Go figure.

Archived