Auburn 13 Alabama 29 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Counters should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacked and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

Bird what was our biggest issue? Defense played well enough I thought

As if it weren't obvious enough you could not figure it out. LOL.

he said it was execution which is always an issue when you don't win?? I thought it was mostly QB play. What did the Miss's think? Lmao

When y'all consult with Gus and Rhett y'all let him know how to fix it.

IT doesn't take much of a football IQ, to question this crap show we have seen this year on offense, and all of it from a "genius".

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henry is good but the (drafting of) olinemen won him the heisman. The online is really good and they are young in some spots upfront.

close. a good offensive line goes a long long way.

we still had chances on defense. stopped them when we needed to. held when we expected to break for the most part. (not counting that last run)

Defense played well enough. Some sacks would have changed it. Some turnovers missed but ... we just did not make the plays to win...they did.

story of the season.

I know Henry is good and maybe deserves it. I think the online is always the key though.

His oline is great, and so is he.

Shhh I don't want to give bammers credit. (But you're right)

(Same time if LF was in bamas O he'd be hands down Heisman winner. The online makes a big difference)

The consolation will be him being subpar in the NFL :-\/>

True but I really thought Rent Richardson was a can't miss back. I still think if he would give all effort he'd be a great NFL back. Eddie Lacy got with the right situation.

Yep. He is having fumble and weight issues, though. The Cheeseheads are getting restless with him.

Don't see why we go away from stuff that's working for no reason

I was yelling the same thing at the TV. It ignored me

Dang...you must have an LG also...my set paid no attention to me...my wife got upset but Gus and his staff just kept on doing stuff that I could not understand.

I was yelling the same thing at the TV. It ignored me

We knew even the best case scenario we were hoping jj to be a game manager why in the third when it's still a one possession game do we start passing every down? That's going to be difficult for the best qb's why try that with ours? Then we know they're going to rely on their depth...we didn't need a shoot out anyway....I just don't understand

reminder: do not bash the players here. if that's all you are going to do, then don't post at all.

It's OK to bash the coaches though isn't it....since ultimately that's where the burden of proof rests.

And it's been like that all year. Been a strange season.

I'm just ready to put this one behind us bro

Why not let one back get a rhythm? Don't tell me last game of year guys still don't know assignments. I am with others. For an offensive minded coach who has had 3 years to recruit subpar is understatement. Drive before half and the 6 point swing was one of a couple daggers.

Appreciate JJ for all his work but my goodness how can you not even get off a Hail Mary.

I may be wrong but unless we have someone that can come in at qb next year we are in line with more of the same.

I can say whatever...we all can. Bottom line...we need leadership, a quarterback and to stop trying to out think ourselves. Defense came to play...some more extended drives and points...a whole different story. We refused to stay with what was working...and God bless him...but Jeremy is a serviceable back up at best. Next year will tell the tale. If there is much of the same offensively...bye bye Gus.

what was working

The gap isn't that big b/t the 2 teams.

And no holding calls on Bama

Correct

I've been hearing this for years. Never was clear to me until tonight.

Holding is now to football what walking/travelling is to basketball. Instead of enforcing the rules as is their job, the officials choose to make it a subjective call, as if the rule stipulates you get to choose when to call it. After this happens over time, you get what we have now. Holding called when its convenient to call it, so that you can claim you are correctly enforcing the rules when you are truly making a mockery of them.

Did Johnson drop 6 passes? Did Johnson miss tackles on Henry or allow those 2 big pass plays?

Johnson didn't play perfectly, but it baffles me how some of you can try to put this loss completely on him.

The offense lost it. The QB is the leader of the offense. Its well deserved criticism. If he doesn't rifle the option to KJ he scores in the first qtr. If he throws to the back of the endzone, Louis scores. If he hits Steven, Ray, or any of the others on the many 3rd down plays, we sustain drives and give the D a much needed rest. And before you say it is the OC and the play calling, realize that the plays were there...JJ didn't execute. No one else missed wide open receivers or throw 3-4 yards behind them. Those are some of the reasons he is being blamed.

Is it all in him? No. Counters should've picked it and scored. We should've sacked Coker and they wouldn't have had the long TD...that said, games aren't won or loss due to missed sacked and missed Ints. The D did more than enough to win this game.

he said it was execution which is always an issue when you don't win?? I thought it was mostly QB play. What did the Miss's think? Lmao

The misses thinks your a sissy too. LOL. Told me not to say the p word, but we all know it is applicable.

Time to do some soul searching on offense. War Eagle.

It's a team loss, no aspect of the game was without fault. They played hard, until the last 60 seconds.

We didn't cross the fifty one time in the second half except for Jason Smith's great play. You can repeat all of the platitudes you want, but the fact remains that our offense was the problem this year.

I can't defend that the O didn't play as well as they could have, or well enough to win. But, the D had its share of miscues as well. Giving up 270 yards in rushing to a single player isn't going to win you too many games. Letting Crocker escape multiple situations that he should have been sacked for huge losses doesn't help. Giving up 30 yards in penalties, on a single play, isn't stellar. A dropped IN that I could have run for 6 doesn't help.

Quit looking for the easy button and trying to find one person to blame. We were a huge underdog, and frankly bama has the better team this year. We could have won, but we needed to play a near perfect game aND had to capitalize on just about every opportunity we had - we didn't. All I am saying is there were missed opportunities in every facet of the game.

I don't like moral victories, but that are some losses that are better or worse than others. This team played hard and never quit. They lost the game, but they can hold their head up with the effort they displayed.

what was working

Every play we pulled a guard picked up at least 6 yards. Misdirection plays worked. Screen plays worked

You ray dropped two passes to convert. Jeremy missed throws. The oline missed blocks. D missed tackles. This is a team loss.

It's always a team loss....that doesn't excuse the fact that the offense was dreadfully awful.

It was a team loss last year too, but the defense was dreadfully awful.

The misses thinks your a sissy too. LOL. Told me not to say the p word, but we all know it is applicable.

well you let him know that's not nice but please you get with Gus and get this offense corrected

Ew almost forgot "LOL"

Time to do some soul searching on offense. War Eagle.

It's a team loss, no aspect of the game was without fault. They played hard, until the last 60 seconds.

We didn't cross the fifty one time in the second half except for Jason Smith's great play. You can repeat all of the platitudes you want, but the fact remains that our offense was the problem this year.

I can defend that the O didn't play as well as they could have, or well enough to win. But, the D had its share of miscues as well. Giving up 270 yards in rushing to a single player isn't going to win you too many games. Letting Crocker escape multiple situations that he should have been sacked for huge losses doesn't help. Giving up 30 yards in penalties, on a single play, isn't stellar. A dropped IN that I could have run for 6 doesn't help.

Quit looking for the easy button and trying to find one person to blame. We were a huge underdog, and frankly bama has the better team this year. We could have won, but we needed to play a near perfect game aND had to capitalize on just about every opportunity we had - we didn't. All I am saying is there were missed opportunities in every facet of the game.

I don't like moral victories, but that are some losses that are better or worse than others. This team played hard and never quit. They lost the game, but they can hold their head up with the effort they displayed.

Paging AUFAN78

IT doesn't take much of a football IQ, to question this crap show we have seen this year on offense, and all of it from a "genius".

Nor does it take much to figure out how many games you've coached at this level. LOL.

what was working

Every play we pulled a guard picked up at least 6 yards. Misdirection plays worked. Screen plays worked

even JJ running the zone read worked. And then...nothing. Where did Jovon go in the 222nd half? Where did the 3-5 yard straight up the gut runs go? Where did the wheel routes go? Where did the buck sweep go? Where did the traps go? Arrrgh I'm just frustainting myself thinking about it.

Archived