Auburn 13 Alabama 29 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

I believe he made a 49ish yd kick as time expired to send arky to ot. Doesnt get much more clutch than that. Also I think he kicked 1 from 55 against Kentucky, and went 3-3 in that game. AU won that one by 3. Taking shots at a very bright spot on our team bc he was 2-3 is wrong.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prediction for 2016: If we have the same coaching staff we will be the same laughing stock of the west.

Prediction for 2016....we will still have stupid posters.

Hopefully less as I expect we will be a better team.

Agree

Need full contact QB play next spring to separate the contenders from the pretenders. Even if 2 go down with injuries we will still be left with 3. Just need more battle tested preparation prior to tangling with Deshaun Watson and Clemson next fall.

Need full contact QB play next spring to separate the contenders from the pretenders. Even if 2 go down with injuries we will still be left with 3. Just need more battle tested preparation prior to tangling with Deshaun Watson and Clemson next fall.

Sounds great until you're left with Ernie the waterboy playing QB against Clemson.

Sounds great until you're left with Ernie the waterboy playing QB against Clemson.

How many stars did Ernie have?

Changing the subject a bit, but anyone who was at the game, how did you think the Bama fans acted? In my experience, they were strangely civil. I didn't hear cursing, they didn't do the "we just beat the **** out of you." And I didn't hear "Row Tahd" all that much. Even after the game Auburn fans really showed up to support our guys. I'm proud of that. And my daughter, who watched it on TV, said the announcers said the un-sportsmanlike penalty was thrown on the fans. Is that right?

I think most of them expected to win the game and the Auburn offense didn't exactly strike fear into their hearts.

I find it interesting that the primary role of Derrick Henry in the game was clock killer. With the exception of the trash TD when the D was gassed late, he didn't come close to sniffing the end zone. Tons of carries, tons of yards, and tons of minutes burned off the clock is what his role was in the game. He essentially shortened the game. Man, I can't STAND losing to the Turd Packers.

As far as I remember KJ only had one carry and I don't believe Roc even played. That's two play makers who didn't get a chance to contribute. Just another example of ineptitude by this offensive coaching staff.

Changing the subject a bit, but anyone who was at the game, how did you think the Bama fans acted? In my experience, they were strangely civil. I didn't hear cursing, they didn't do the "we just beat the **** out of you." And I didn't hear "Row Tahd" all that much. Even after the game Auburn fans really showed up to support our guys. I'm proud of that. And my daughter, who watched it on TV, said the announcers said the un-sportsmanlike penalty was thrown on the fans. Is that right?

I think most of them expected to win the game and the Auburn offense didn't exactly strike fear into their hearts.

They did Rammer Jammer us, though.

As far as I remember KJ only had one carry and I don't believe Roc even played. That's two play makers who didn't get a chance to contribute. Just another example of ineptitude by this offensive coaching staff.

Roc played. Not much but he played.

We have bought a pig I a poke with Malzahn I'm afraid. How does an offensive genius have a QB on campus for three years,and not know he is incapable of completing a simple pass? I"m sorry, JJ seems like a very fine young man, but he is not a major college QB. We have no game breaker at WR. The best looking receiver I saw in the spring mysteriously left the program, our other true receiver was a head case that apparently no coach could reign in. What is unreal to me, is once SW was injured, we had no other viable options other than JJ. That is inexcusable. If I see one more sugar huddle, with a fake end around pass when you are down by 9 points with 3 minutes left in the game I'll puke. If Gus does not recruit a DTQB, and go back to the zone read offense, he will be in the unemployment line after next season.

i have been trying to get folks to realize this ever since he was hired.....i know he is a good man, and all of that, but he is not suitable as head coach in the sec.... Bizarre playcalling and substitutions, going away from what is working, etc....the down spiral that we are on can be placed at the feet of only one man.....unfortunately, gus is an offensive coordinator trying to be a head coach....15 million is a lot to pay somebody to not work, but we would be better in the long run if we did it.....he may be a very smart man, but he is out-thinking himself and killing what little offense that we have

We have bought a pig I a poke with Malzahn I'm afraid. How does an offensive genius have a QB on campus for three years,and not know he is incapable of completing a simple pass? I"m sorry, JJ seems like a very fine young man, but he is not a major college QB. We have no game breaker at WR. The best looking receiver I saw in the spring mysteriously left the program, our other true receiver was a head case that apparently no coach could reign in. What is unreal to me, is once SW was injured, we had no other viable options other than JJ. That is inexcusable. If I see one more sugar huddle, with a fake end around pass when you are down by 9 points with 3 minutes left in the game I'll puke. If Gus does not recruit a DTQB, and go back to the zone read offense, he will be in the unemployment line after next season.

i have been trying to get folks to realize this ever since he was hired.....i know he is a good man, and all of that, but he is not suitable as head coach in the sec.... Bizarre playcalling and substitutions, going away from what is working, etc....the down spiral that we are on can be placed at the feet of only one man.....unfortunately, gus is an offensive coordinator trying to be a head coach....15 million is a lot to pay somebody to not work, but we would be better in the long run if we did it.....he may be a very smart man, but he is out-thinking himself and killing what little offense that we have

He just needs another Cam or Nick and he will be a lot smarter.

Meanwhile, IMO, Gus is like Muschamp,...the jump from coordinator to HC was too much without a few years of HC experience along the way to demonstrate he could handle the entire HC package.

The question is whether AU will be patient enough to let him learn "on the job".

He just needs another Cam or Nick and he will be a lot smarter.

Meanwhile, IMO, Gus is like Muschamp,...the jump from coordinator to HC was too much without a few years of HC experience along the way to demonstrate he could handle the entire HC package.

The question is whether AU will be patient enough to let him learn "on the job".

Exactly. Gus was a risky investment. He may not pan out, but we've got to be patient while he figures it out. I say at least two more years.

Gus has made some bad mistakes in his time but the upside is is still tremendous. I think some changes to the offensive staff are forthcoming. Gus has shown his willingness to make changes in the off season. We'll see what transpires after this season

Cole, bird, I agree with motion and misdirection. It always opens things up. Why we don't do it every play except obvious passing situations I don't know.

Have you noticed we rarely do it in the redzone? It might be what we do better than anything but we rarely do it when it's money time? I don't know. And our first trip in the endzone it seemed like we just conceded to just get a fg on the third down when the lateral messed up....It's like that play didn't work so we just said ok run up the middle and kick the fg

we did it on the play JJ threw a bullet to kj. He should have kept it. Had room to maybe squeeze a first down. But yes most those first down runs up the gut are straight forward.

Thai was our play on third and five star that play

also i think the running game got bogged down when Avery Young went out. i missed him getting hurt but i do remember Leff changing jerseys.

Cole, bird, I agree with motion and misdirection. It always opens things up. Why we don't do it every play except obvious passing situations I don't know.

Have you noticed we rarely do it in the redzone? It might be what we do better than anything but we rarely do it when it's money time? I don't know. And our first trip in the endzone it seemed like we just conceded to just get a fg on the third down when the lateral messed up....It's like that play didn't work so we just said ok run up the middle and kick the fg

we did it on the play JJ threw a bullet to kj. He should have kept it. Had room to maybe squeeze a first down. But yes most those first down runs up the gut are straight forward.

Thai was our play on third and five star that play

also i think the running game got bogged down when Avery Young went out. i missed him getting hurt but i do remember Leff changing jerseys.

bama was giving up less than 80 yards per game in rushing yards coming into the IB. JMO but there was no way that AU could "impose it's will" on the bama defense by consistently running the ball. Sure we were able to make some nice runs but eventually our YPC was less than 3 yards which was bama's average for the season. We needed a mixed offense to win the game....and the teams that had the best results against bama did it through the air.

A better passing game would have done the trick IMO....hitting in the range of 60% might have been enough....who knows.....but I don't blame Gus for not just trying to pound the ball because that was a losing strategy...check with Les Miles if you have some doubts about that.

When freeze wins the sec and plays in the big show let me know. Freeze isn't getting anything done.

2013??

That was two years ago.

I'm living in the present.

Bo or Cam are not coming back either.

Fell free to tune in tonight to ole miss.

Once again call me when he does anything of substance. Until then this conversation is irrelevant. Once again freeze lost games he shouldn't have in the present . He underperformed in the present again.

Maybe you should be paying closer attention Titan, Jovon was fine. The problem is our coaches pull him when he is doing well and we don't see him again till the next game. Go back and read the multiple articles questioning why Gus does this prior to this week. Thanks for showing your true colors and depth of IQ calling me names.

Quotes are not working so Ill paste from TitanTiger:

"Because the plays stopped working. Alabama devoted more resources to stop us running the ball. We needed to hit at least a few downfield throws to get them to back out. We couldn't"

And they quit working because we took JR out, not bc Alabama was doing anything different. Do you really think that Alabama was not trying to stop the run from the very first play?? They were never too worried about AUs passing prowess with JJ in there bc he hasn't done well all season throwing. You told me to pay attention earlier, take your own advice. They stacked the box the WHOLE game. We were still having success anyway till Gus went away from it AND from the RB that was having success.

"Because the plays stopped working. Alabama devoted more resources to stop us running the ball. We needed to hit at least a few downfield throws to get them to back out. We couldn't"

And they quit working because we took JR out, not bc Alabama was doing anything different. Do you really think that Alabama was not trying to stop the run from the very first play?? They were never too worried about AUs passing prowess with JJ in there bc he hasn't done well all season throwing. You told me to pay attention earlier, take your own advice. They stacked the box the WHOLE game. We were still having success anyway till Gus went away from it AND from the RB that was having success.

Robinson and Barber averaged 3.6 YPC and their longest run was 13 yards in 22 carries. Sorry...but I don't see anything there that tells me we could run the ball successfully....We picked up a few yards on sweeps...but after the first couple efforts, that was shut down, meanwhile, after the first quarter or so, most of the runs by JR and PB were 3 yards or less. JR got almost half of his total game yardage in the first quarter on his first 3 carries.

Read the play by play chart at the site below.....kind of tells the story of why the offense changed IMO.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2015-2016/au12.html

Robinson and Barber averaged 3.6 YPC and their longest run was 13 yards in 22 carries. Sorry...but I don't see anything there that tells me we could run the ball successfully....We picked up a few yards on sweeps...but after the first couple efforts, that was shut down, meanwhile, after the first quarter or so, most of the runs by JR and PB were 3 yards or less. JR got almost half of his total game yardage in the first quarter on his first 3 carries.

Read the play by play chart at the site below.....kind of tells the story of why the offense changed IMO.

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2015-2016/au12.html

Didn't click the link, but curious if it points out when Young went out of the game and how it affected the run game for the 2nd half?

Archived